Trying To Be Friends

So Pretty Ma Boy

(Your POV)

I woke up this morning and saw the bed beside me was already made. I looked around for Taeyeon and wondered where she went "Where did that girl go?" 

A ring came from my computer and I saw a post from Facebook. Someone posted a poster for SHINee's new single. It will be in Japanese. 

Luckily I am quite fluent in Japanese. I shared the picture to my wall and to my music group and closed my laptop. I stood up, stretched and went to take a short shower, smiling happily as I am excited. I always been a long fan of SHINee. Been their fan ever since the day they debuted.

I hummed to the song "Noona You're So Pretty" and sang loudly not knowing a thing that lies in the room I was staying in. I got out of the bathroom and saw Taeyeon grin at me 

 

"Taeyeon-ssi..." I said, surprised by the grin and she walked out of the room. I stood there in the middle of the room, confused. "Did she just smiled at me?" I thought as I dried my hair and got ready for class.

In class, Taeyeon was quietly being the cold person she were to everyone. She only smiled at me occasionally. I thought she suddenly like me. But that wasn't what I thought it would be.

During lunchtime, I sat beside her and try again to be friends with her. I brought along someone who i met during music class. Her name was Lee Ji Eun or also known as IU.

She's very nice and also warned me about a guy in the campus. His name was Kiseop, a member of U-KISS. The only person who isn't famous is me so I try not to get myself too much attention from everyone. 

As I sat, I saw her eat her three bowls of rice and side dishes. My eyes grew wider as I said "Wow.....Taeyeon..can you eat all that?" 

She look at me and continued eating, totally ignoring my question. Ji Eun were curious by her reaction just continue eating. I started to eat mine and there were silence until a handsome guy in a black jacket came over and sat beside Taeyeon. 

"Hi Taeyeon" he said. Taeyeon just glared at him, keeping quiet. I just anticipate what will happen next as I food in my mouth trying not to get so much attention. 

"So, you know. U-KISS is gonna have a concert soon, so I was wondering if you wanna go with me?" he said. Taeyeon just kept quiet and the table was silent "I'll go with you" I said. Kiseop glared at me and I said "I don't think Taeyeon wants to go with you Kiseop-ssi! But I would love to go!" 

Kiseop looked at me, then at Taeyeon "Why do you care so much about her? You're just a transfer student. Mind your own business" he shot at me and I knew he's mad.

I just stood up a hand holding a cup of water and pour it all over him "Hey dude! I know you're popular and all but please don't act so stuck up in front of me!" 

Kiseop eyes went wide and there were gasps from everyone in the room. "You will regret treating me with way transfer student!"  he walked away and I sat back down.

Ji Eun looked at you and said "Wow....Jung Roo-ssi...that was so brave of you" I smiled "Well he is being such a stuck up mighta s well I teach him a lesson" 

Taeyeon just looked at me wide eyed. I knew showing my true character in front of her was a bad idea, but I can't just stand there and do nothing. I don't regret doing it. 

I know if I try slowly to be friends with Taeyeon she would like me and we could be close friends, not strangers. But I feel like she's so oddly familiar I don't know where I have seen her face before. 

But whatever it takes I'll be patient, to be friends with her. Lee Taeyeon. My roommate. But who knew I'd found out a secret that she held to herself that I was least expected it would be.