Chapter21-The First event.

The only exception.

Jessica's POV

My eyes popped out as the first event flashed on the screen. *That event has such a huge disadvantage to me...*

I turned to look at Onew and saw an equally shocked face. I sighed and looked at him petulantly. The first event composited of three segments. We had to do couple sit ups as warm up and then run a relay race, ending of with one person piggybacking the other to the finish line and transporting a bowl of water back.

What's more we had no time to train our stamina as the first event was scheduled to be held on tomorrow.

Onew looked over at me and whispered, " You can run right?" I nodded and whispered back, my hand cupping his ears, "Yeah. But that's the only thing I'm good at. I can't do sit ups...And I definitely do not have the strength to piggyback someone, much less you, a guy.

Onew smiled and said happily, " Then there is no problem!" I frowned and tapped my chin, shaking my head in disgreement..."But I can't do the rest...." I muttered.

"You don't have to. I will do the sit ups and I will piggyback you...all you have to do is compete and win the relay race." Onew pointed out. I brightened up as Onew's words spoke sense into me and I realised that we still had a high chance of winning. I nodded happily and bounced my head up and down.

*Now time to prepare for the relay race. I must win it.*

"Okay. School is dismissed. Go back home and get some rest you guys need the energy for tomorrow. All the best and stay hydrated!" The homeroom teacher cried out. The entire school population swarmed to the doors of the auditorium as soon as she annouced our dismissal.

I bid a quick goodbye to Onew and dashed out to the school porch where my chauffeur was waiting at. Ryeowook greeted me with a 90 degree bow and I waved him of and got into the car at breakneck speed, the moment he opened the door. Ryeowook shot me a quizzical look and I waved it of once again and told him to hurry up and drive to the town's gym.

Ryeowook's POV

Jessica came rushing out of her school like a bird free from her cage. I smiled brightly thinking that she was so happy such that she ran out of school. However, my happy look was soon replaced by a quizzical and confused look as she waves of my 90 degree bow which she usually would.mimick and actually jumped into the car at a fast speed, though she usually liked to take things in her pace and take her own sweet time.

However what astounded me the most was when she instructed me to bring her to the town's gym. The curiosity within me heightened as I raised my eyebrow and drove her towards there, keeping mum. I satisfied myself with shooting occasional curious glances at her. Occasionally, when our gazes met, she would avoid it and bit her lips nervously. A common sign of nervousness.

I proclaimed loudly as we arrived at the destination, " Jessica, we have reached the town's gym. Why are you here?" Jessica curtly responded, " Cut the formalities, Wookie. Call me like you always do. It sounds nicer. I need to train for a relay race."

"Oh... Arraso, Sica." I responded nodding my head as I understood her sudden passion for the gym.

Onew's POV

With a quick wave. A scurry of footsteps. And a quick murmur of goodbye, Jessica left the auditorium towards the car waiting for her. My eyes could not believe what they just saw as Jessica usually stayed around after school so that we could spend more time together. However...today....

I pushed my train of thought to the back of my mind and focused on one thing. The priority of my life now.

*Train your stamina. Town gym, I'm coming!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How do you train for sit-ups and how do you cultivate the strength to piggyback someone?" I asked the trainer there, whose name was Kim Jong Kook. Kim Jong Kook was a startling figure, when I first saw him I cowered in slight fear as his body frame was menacing.

His abs could be seen through the skin tight tee shirt he was wearing which just showed his perfect body even more. His biceps had a nice shape to it and his muscles bulged out, showing his veins. He even went on a variety show titled, Running Man and earned.the title of Commander and Sparta. He was a true ace.

"You could work on weights such that your body is accustomed to the weight so that when you piggyback someone, you won't feel the stretch of your muscular tissues and you can also build your endurance through carrying weights. For sit-ups...just do sit-ups." His husky voice replied me. "Thanks." I replied, I was about to walk away when he stopped me and said, "Here, try piggybacking me. And I will train you for sit-ups too."

I looked hesitantly at him, not knowing whether to let him train me or reject his offer. Before I mad emu decision, he grabbed my arm and dragged me to the gym. Placing me firmly on a mat, he barked out orders, "Now 50 sit-ups. Count them.out loud!"

I jumped at his voice and nodded vigorously, hurriedly following his demands not wanting to face his wrath. However, my weak.stamina soon took over my fear of facing his wrath and the sit-ups became slower and slower and my counting became more muffled as I only managed a feeble 22. By 30, I collapsed on the mat, sweat forming patches all over my body. He frowned and said with a frown, "Guess sit-ups are not your cup of tea... Hmm...come let me train you for piggybacking someone... Maybe you could start by piggybacking me..."

I paled at his suggestion and immediately took off, wanting to escape his clutches and release myself from the physical torture.

Jessica's POV

I was running on the treadmill, huffing and panting as I persevered on, determined to build up my stamina at least to a standard where I had a chance to win. Unlike my current standard, where I had not ran for so long. However, the good thing was that I liked running and I could run.

Everytime when I felt like giving up, I would motivate myself with the thoughts of why I even wanted to win the competition.

*You can do it. For the one day off school and the date with Onew. *

Just when I was about to stop the machine to catch a breather and hydrate myself with a cool, chilling sports drink the door creaked open and a flustered looking boy ran in. I frowned as the room I was using was a private room and no one except certified people were allowed to enter. I lifted my head and wanted to glare at the intruder when both the intruder and my eyes locked. I gasped softly.

A/N. Heehee.. I'm back.^^ Here's the update!!