Chapter17-Guardian Angel

The only exception.

Onew's POV

My eyes widened in astonishment. "Mwo?!" Jessica was struggling with a pile of books, carrying them from the floor to the wooden table... The books obscured her view and I could see her eyes peeping out from behind the humongous stack of books trying to find her way through the messy pile of books.

*Pabo. What in the world are you doing?? Seriously. What if you fall?*

I watched with an aching heart as I saw her struggling to even transport the books...her face drenched with perspiration. I frowned when I saw the owner of the bookstore, Sulli, sitting at her desk leisurely flipping through some magazines. She smirked hearing Jessica's grunts as she did the exhausting task of clearing the books. Her face was as cool as a cucumber whereas Jessica's was as red as a tomato... It was obvious that Jessica exerted a lot of energy whilst Sulli just sat under the air-conditioner leisurely.

I wanted to storm over feeling that Sulli's actions were unjustified and unreasonable. I was about to barge in when my attention was caught by an unnoticed book, caught at the foot of the table. Most importantly, if Jessica continued walking in the direction she was walking now, no doubt would her leg be caught up by that book...My eyes widened in fear and I barged into the bookstore.

Just when Jessica's lips were about to kiss the floor, I caught her as she fell into my arms, panting hard.

When Jessica's eyes fluttered open, surprised that she did not fall onto the floor as expected. Sulli stormed over, rage clouded her eyes. Jessica eyes opened in terror as her grip on my hands tightened. I pushed her behind my back and stood in front of her. Protecting her from the wrath of her boss.

"Why can't you do anything right? All I asked of you was to clear this feeble pile of books ad you can't even do that?" Sulli shrieked. "Stop scolding her, she did not mean to drop those books as well." I said in a firm tone.

Sulli's glare that was directed at Jessica shifted to me and she raised her eyebrows and smirked, " Just who do you think you are? Stop interfering in matters that does not concern you."

Fury boiled up in me as she said those words. "I'm classmates with Jessica, so her matters are mine too! Stop being so mean!"

"Trying to be her night in shining armour? Whatever." Sulli said sarcastically, she turned her attention back to Jessica and said," You. Do something useful and wrap those books for the customers. Surely, even you can handle that right?"

Jessica nodded meekly and headed to the wrapping table. I frowned at Sulli and walked over to Jessica asking her if she was alright. She nodded and whispered in my ear, " Onew can you help me grab a sandwich? I'm hungry..." I chuckled and replied her, "Arraso. Call me if you need anything else."

I headed to the exit of the bookstore and turned the doorknob, however not without first shooting a glare at Sulli.

Jessica's POV

As soon as Onew left, Sulli walked towards me and grabbed me by my chin, "Don't think that that little knight of yours scared me. Now get back to work." I nodded, afraid to face her fury.

*Gamsahamnida Onew. Thank you for being there for me an protecting me from Sulli no matter how evil she is.* I started wrapping books which proved to not be my forte to, I repeatedly cutted myself with the wrapping paper as I wrapped... Blood oozed out from the small wounds as I use a handkerchief to stop the flow of blood. I cried out loud as I once again inflicted myself with a paper cut. Sulli smirked at me and returned her focus to the newest edition of the magazine.

"Jessica, I'm back!" Onew bounded over to me, smiling triumphantly with the sandwich in his hands. I smiled back and reached out for the sandwich, just as I wanted to start on the wrapping of the books again. Onew frowned and grabbed my hand, "Aren't you going to eat first? And tale a short break?" I tried to shuffle my cry of pain as his fingers touched my wounds. Onew immediately.released his hold on me and his eyes darted down to my hands. "Mwo?! What's with all the paper cuts?!" I smiled and scratched my head weakly as I said foolishly, " I can't wrap books well... So my poor hand suffered because of its incompatible owner."

Onew sighed and led my hand gently as he settled me down comfortably on the couch, tucking a cushion behind me. Sulli then rolled her eyes and said in annoyance," Forget it. I'm leaving. Lock the door when you leave and don't leave without finish wrapping those books." With a last look, she strutted off. Onew looked at me and told me to eat the sandwich, an endearing looks in his eyes. I brought the sandwich to my mouth, favouring its freshness ... When I saw Onew cleansing my wounds gently, even blowing air onto the wounds. He gently wrapped my wounds, paying attention to my every need.

I looked at Onew in front of me and thought.

*Onew you really are my guardian angel. Gomawo. * I sighed and enjoyed the peaceful moment between us. Indulging in the bliss.

A/N. I updated again! Please to let you guys know, I have planned out the story, thus my updates should be more regular now. And writer blocks won't bother me anymore! I have also thought of a new fic! So do look forward to it! I probably won't start on it now as I can't handle two fics at the same time! Comment and subscribe!