Chapter22- We must win!

The only exception.

Onew's POV

*Where do I run to?! Kyaa!!! I must never let Kim Jong Kook catch me...*

I kept running, aware that Kim Jong Kook was hot on my chase. The approaching footsteps caused more fear and trepidation in me as I continued running, knowing that it would only be a matter of time before Kim Jong Kook caught up with me.

My eyes scanned through the empty hallway, hoping to find a place I could hide. As I turned round the corner of the hallway I spotted a door. Without hesitation, I barged in. Closing the door behind me, I placed my hands on my knees and panted hard.

However, a voice startled me. I did not expect anybody in the room.

"Onew...what are you doing here?" My head shot up instantly as the mysterious person called my name.

"Sica...what are you doing here?!" I burst out, shock flooding my face as I covered my mouth with me hand, unable to believe the coincidence that occurred.

Jessica was panting heavily as her hand reached out for a chilled sports drink. Utter shock and disbelief filled her face as well as we both stared at each other with our mouths wide open.

Jessica's POV

"I...I...I'm here to train on my stamina for tomorrow's event..." I stammered, my face turning a deep shade of red as embarrassment filled me.

Onew just nodded his head and stood there not saying anything... Suddenly he broke the silence saying excitedly, "Let's train together then!! We can built our stamina and teamwork together."

I chuckled at his outburst and nodded vigorously, "Yeap!! We can train here! " Onew then furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me questioningly saying, "Uhm...Jessica. This place is prohibited and access is only granted to certified personnel isn't it?"

I giggled and replied, realising that he didn't know that my parents owned the town gym yet... "Oppa, my parents own the town gym...so this room is reserved for me." He blushed as red as a beetroot as the truth dawned on him and he rubbed his head awkwardly, a bashful look on his face.

Just as he was about to open his mouth to say something, the door flung open and the famous trainer, Kim Jong Kook stormed in, heading towards Onew who cowered with fear as that oaf-sized being headed towards him with a murderous look on his face.

I cleared my throat, letting Kim Jong Kook know of my presence. He turned around and was about to throw insults in my face when he recognised me. A artificial smile soon lit up his face as he said in a sweet voice, "Miss Jessica, I apologise for this intruder in your room. No worries, your evening will no longer be disturbed. Please excuse me as I just drag this intruder out."

Onew's eyes widened as Kim Jong Kook said that he would drag him out and shot me a urgent pleading look, waving his hands about frantically. I stiffled my giggle as I saw Onew looking so dorky and said in a commanding tone with coldness in my voice, "That intruder is my friend. In fact, my boyfriend. So please stop bothering.him and give us some time alone. Thank you."

Both Onew's and Kim Jong Kook's eyes enlarged to the size of golfballs when I said that Onew was my boyfriend. Kim Jong Kook cleared his throat nervously and apologised, exiting the room and closing the door behind him softly.

I sighed in relief as the ominous presence left the room only to find myself facing with Onew who stared at me with a look of admiration pictured all over his face, his eyes sparkling.

I shook of the weird feeling pooling in my stomach and cleared my throat nervously, saying, "Come on, Onew let's exercise."

After 2 hours of vigorous training, both me and Onew shook our heads signalling that we could not continue this training any longer. Deciding that we had already push ourselves to the limits we headed to the showers to rid ourself of any stink and to remove the collected layer of grime and dirt on our sticky bodies.

"I feel so much better now, Sica!" Onew exclaimed happily as we exited the gym after taking a refreshing shower. Both me and Onew were seated comfortably in the car as Ryeowook drove us towards my home. I nodded in agreement and combed the tangles out of my damp hair.

There was an unspoken silence between us as we sat in the car wordlessly, staring out at the scenery that passed us by as the car drove on. Onew then said hesitantly, "Sica...you sure I should go over to your place?" I took his hand and rubbed my finger against his forearm, comforting him, trying to assure him that it was okay.

However it wasn't, the moment we stepped foot into the house, we were greeted with excited shrieks of joy which soon turned into a flurry of exclaims and protests.

"Jessica! Who is this?!" Mr and Mrs Lee exclaimed, sending an uncomprehending look to Jessica. "Umma. Appa. This is my friend." I replied calmly though my initial shock of seeing my parents still lingered.

Disapprove could be seen on their faces as they scrutinised Onew from head to toe. I sighed at Onew's uncomfortable and out of place look before proclaiming that I was going to the nearby park for a leisurely walk. Without waiting for their acknowledgement I took onew by the arm and headed to the park.

As soon as we reached the park, we both let out a huge sigh of relief.

Onew's POV

"Whoa. Your parents are..."I said breathlessly wheezing. Jessica looked at me saying, "I told ya so." I laid on my back staring at the stars, pulling Jessica along with me. With a surprised squeal she landed on the grass next to me. I pulled her closer to me and said endearingly as I covered my face in her hair."Let's worry about that when the time comes, let's just bask in each others presence for now..." Jessica resisted struggling against me and relented, leaning against me. I released my hold on her and took in her scent as we sat there enjoying the night breeze.

I broke the silence as the thoughts that troubled me came back again. "Sica...what if we don't win the competition?" I asked hesitantly, not really wanting to hear her response yet unable to control my curiosity.

"Of course, we must win! We must get that day-off! Don't you think so too?" She exclaimed looking at me with an adorable pout. My spirits dropped upon hearing that...

*Then what am I to do?? * I bit my lip nervously, gnawing the insides of my cheeks. Jessica looked at my forlorn expression and softened, "Oh...Onew...it's okay if we don't win, let's just try our best okay? Don't pressurise yourself."

I took one look at Jessica's eager expression as she tried to cheer me up and relieve me of my worries and I smiled an unconvincing smile at her and we lay in each others embrace under the night sky.

Though my insides were aching painfully.

A/N. Hey I know...I know. I screwed this chapter up.:( Sorry guys. Will work harder on the next chapter. Kays?