Chapter18-Onsica

The only exception.

Jessica's POV

I looked at Onew as his face showed sheer determination as he carefully bounded up my wounds. He gently sat down my left hand only to take up the other. I brushed his bangs away from his eyes as he worked on my injured hand.

His serious gaze softened as my hands came in contact with his forehead. He looked up at me questioningly as I took his hand signalling him to stop for a moment. " Onew. Why are you doing this?" I said sighing. He placed my hands into his lap and started off saying, "I want you to be my girlfriend." My mouth dropped open as he said that.

He chuckled seeing my stunned look and continued on, "I know that you have feelings for me as well," I opened my mouth wanting to deny the fact though I knew that it was true. He shook his head and placed his index finger on my lips hushing me. "Don't deny it. I know that you treat me differently from the way you treat other boys. Won't you give me a chance? I promise I'm not like other guys that love you because of your riches. It's real. The love I have for you... The feelings we have for each other are definitely not platonic. And I know who I want my other half to be..."

Onew looked up at me holding my hands tighter he said, " Won't you please be my girlfriend?" I looked down, not knowing how to respond.

Onew tilted my head up gently and looked into my eyes expectantly. I shyly nodded. At first, his look was one of pure surprise but that gradually became joy as the truth sank in. I giggled at his cute reaction and he asked me again. "You will be my girlfriend?!" I blushed and replied, " Yes. I will."

He lifted me bridal style from the couch as he spun me around in circles... I screamed in ecstasy and hit his back repeatedly, asking him to put me down, giddy from the spinning.

He finally did so after he ran out of breath. "Onew. We still got to wrap those books up..." My voice decreasing in volume as I said each word.

Onew chuckled and ruffled my hair adoration could be seen all over his face. "Pabo. I will wrap the books. You just rest here." He whispered into my ear. I beamed from ear to ear upon hearing that I did not have to wrap those cursed books anymore.

Onew then said teasingly, "I didn't know that my girlfriend is so cute." He then reached over to my cheeks and pinched it,saying "Aigoo!!"

I pinked and said in a mock stern voice, " Yah! Wrap the books. Palli!"

"Arraso. Arraso." Onew walked over to the wrapping table and diligently wrapped the books. His bangs covered his forehead as his nimble fingers worked at a fast pace.

A serious and determined look was on his face as he wrapped the book, my heart warmed at the thought that he gave his best effort despite this not being his job. It just stirred a new found quality of Onew and made me believe that the choice of being his girlfriend right.

In a blink of an eye, Onew raised his head and beamed at me. "There. All done!" He gestured at the stack of neatly wrapped books to me. My mouth dropped open as I marvelled at the speed he took to complete the task that was so exasperating to me, that caused me so much sweat and blood.(from the paper cuts)

"Come on, let's get going. I will send you back home." Onew's warm voice brought me back to reality. I nodded and he grabbed hold of my hand, my face blushing as I flinched at the skin contact. It felt like there was this electricity surging through our veins and tingling through my skin, giving me this warm and bubbly feeling in my stomach. I gulped and followed his lead.

We enjoyed the silence between both of us, words were not needed as we walked leisurely under the sky that was dotted with shining stars. I shivered as a cold breeze brushed past my bare arms. Onew immediately rubbed my skin creating friction, thus providing warmth for me.

He removed his coat that was way too large for me and placed it resting on my shoulders. The comfort surrounded me and I felt an unusual sense of security around me. Like im mo longer afraid of anything, because Onew will always be there for me, for as long as a 1000 years...(Heehee...SHINee's New album!!!!)

"Gomawo, Onew." I said softly looking into his eyes. He stopped abruptly and held onto my hands. Question marks popped into my mind as he did that and I raised my brows in question. He tucked my single strand of hair that was flying in the wind, behind my ear and softly whispered,"Oppa."

I blushed deep red as I softly said in a soft voice that nobody could hear if they were not paying close attention to. "Onew Oppa."

He chuckled and grabbed my hand as we continued the journey with Onew whistling a merry tune long the way. I giggled silently at his dorkiness.

Ryeowook's POV

*Haish. I guess there is really no hope for me.* Seeing the joy etched upon Jessica's face as she was with Onew, my heart ached. However it was obvious that Onew loved her with all his life and even the most dense person would have known this simple fact. Jessica the ice princess' heart has also melted by the mere innocence and purity of Onew. The only exception.

I sighed staring out of the window, looking at the lovely couple before my eyes. Though their happiness and their lovely dovey acts were like a person driving a knife through my heart. I felt immense joy and happiness as I saw my childhood crush finding her true love.

*Jessica though I can't be with you. I will still be by your side and give you the support you need. I will help you even at the cost of me hurting.*

As I made that resolution, I realised that Onew had already dropped Jessica of. I peered into Jessica's room and sighed with an aching feeling in my heart.

Jessica was sitting on her bed hugging Onew's coat and smiling gleefully at herself. It was the first time the ice princess behaved in this manner.

*She is helplessly in love... But not with me.* I smiled a bitter smile and turned away from the sight before my eyes.

A/N. Hey. Hope you guys enjoyed this update. It's pretty long too! By the way, I wanted to ask the opinion.of you guys, should I start the new fic? Or wait till later on or after this fic finishes??