Chapter9- Is there really no other option??

The only exception.

Onew's POV

*I'm officially screwed.* I thought. Sighing, I gathered all my energy hushing my thoughts of the earlier events that happened and sprinted in the direction of the school.

Unfortunately, the first welcome 'present' I received was from Mr Chua. "You earned yourself the top prize as you are the only late one today. Detention."he said smiling a fake smile like really really fake smile, with his gums showing. I groaned inwardly, trudging slowly to class, dragging my tired and worn out body.

*What time now? It's none other than sleeping time...listening to Ms Park's boring lecture...*

---------Meanwhile in class--------

Taemin's POV

*Gosh! Where is hyung?! Is giving him Jessica's address really wrong? Such that even before they start a relationship, something happens??* I panicked, worry and anxiety flooded my heart as I paced back and forth the classroom.

"Lee Taemin!!! Can you stop prancing around the classroom? This is not a circus it's a classroom!! You know? CLASSROOM!!" The cursed teacher with her boring lecture of mathematics bellowed, spit could be seen flying everywhere.(A/N Eww...I know right?XDteehee)

"But Onew is not here yet!"I whined.

"Onew is old enough to take care of himself and just so you know. You're disturbing the class. So stop worrying about him! Worrying about Onew is a no-no-no!"the teacher said sternly, wiggling her thick, stubby index finger at me. I opened my mouth wanting to rebut her again but was immediately silenced by a glare that said'it would be better if you just keep quiet' As if the glare wasn't enough for a stubborn person like me, the teacher ended the conversation with a phrase that immediately stopped my protests, " or else you will get detention". I kept squirming in my seat unable to control my anxiety...

Jessica's POV

I tried to act like I did not care but in actual fact, my insides were clenching tightly in fear of the things that Onew might have faced along the way and the hardship he had to endure. I looked around the classroom, peering about worriedly. Unfortunately bright faces filled with gleaming smiles could be seen alright, but none shone as bright as Onew's, who could even be a worthy competitor with the morning sun.

Just then I snapped back into reality after daydreaming about Onew and his pure, bright smile. "But Onew is not here yet!" Taemin whined. I looked at the kiddish looking boy whose face was flustered with worry and anxiety. I bit my lip feeling very guilty as I was the one who abandoned his best friend. I was the one who broke his best friend's heart mercilessly only thinking for my own benefits. I watched the scene a while longer as the teacher shushed him up with a simple warning of detention.

Tears threatened to fall as I remembered my heartless act to one who had such a pure and uncorrupted heart. I corrupted him to the evils of the world, by treating him so harshly despite his sincere heart...

I was wallowing in those gloomy thoughts when a knocking sound came from the door. Almost spontaneously, both me and Taemin's head perked.up as we hold our breath in anticipation of the person standing outside the door.

Onew's POV

I knocked the door, preparing what I had intended to say to the Ms Park. The door flung open on my face, revealing a very red in the face,Ms Park. She heaved her chest up and down and stared at me waiting for me to give her a satisfactory explanation.

"Hyung!!!" A very excited Taemin came throwing his body weight on me, almost causing me to kiss the floor. "Lee Taemin!!"Ms Park screamed. Taemin suddenly realised that he was in my arms and quickly jumped down embarrassed. He blushed and quickly apologised, heading to his seat. I chuckled looking at the meek Taemin, when Ms Park turned sharply to glare at me.

I immediately stopped chuckling and started to open my mouth to explain,"Ms Park, I woke up late today, thus I came to school late today. Mianhae..." I said using a mock sad voice in hope that she would not come down too hard on me and just let ne return to my seat.

*YES!!* Every fiber of me screamed when she waved me of tiredly with a simple warning to not be late again. I bowed my head quickly and scurried to my seat

. I glanced at Taemin's face that was filled with obvious worry and gave him a reassuring smile.

I wrote a quick post-it explaining:

Don't worry nothing is wrong.

Just my plan failed terribly.

It was a horror.>_< And I got detention.:(

Shall talk to you later! Haha! You don't wanna earn yourself a detention too!

-Onew^^

Taemin heaved a sigh of relief when he saw the note and nodded, agreeing that it was too risky to talk in class any longer, considering the foul mood Ms Park was in.

I then turned to my other side and saw Jessica, she was wearing a smug expression, not giving a hoot about me. Not even asking if I was okay or not. I sighed deeply.

*Is there really no other option?? There is really no possibility between both of us is there??* Shaking my head sadly, I decided to put away thoughts of Jessica and focus on my studies.

 

But to no avail. I only kept thinking

 

. * There is really no other option is there?*

 

 

A/N. Hey lovely readers! I hope that this chapter was good for you guys! Pls comment and subscribe! May this be magical for you guys!![ Teehee one reader knows what im talking about:):)]