Chapter19-The announcement.

The only exception.

"What?! She agreed?!" Jonghyun exclaimed his normal voice rising an octave higher.

Key nodded his head enthusiastically. "Yeap! It's so hard to believe!!"

The word soon spread that Jessica the ice princess was dating Onew an average boy that is not a badass boy, Not one that has this aura of coldness around him that suits the ice princess but one of a bubbly personality and a warm smile that melted the heart of countless people. People all around could not believe their ears or their eyes as they saw Jessica and Onew walking into school linking their arms together as they walked leisurely. Onew pacing himself with Jessica's speed.

Key soon heard the rumor and even checked it out himself. His mouth gaped wide open as he could not believe the sight before his eyes. He stood rooted to the ground for awhile before snapping back to his senses and he immediately ran to his 'yeobo' to tell him about the latest updates.

Onew's POV I cautiously rubbed the nape of my neck awkwardly as a crowd gathered around me and Jessica as if we were celebrities. I looked at Jessica and saw that she was strutting in a confident manner as if it was nothing out of the ordinary having the whole school pointing and gossiping about you.

Jessica probably felt my gaze and looked at me. Our gazes met and she squeezed my hand encouragingly murmurring, "Don't worry. I don't like it anymore than you do. But by ignoring this people, they will soon realise that they are wasting their time." I smiled and also took the same attitude and posture as her. With renewed confidence I too walked through the crowd as if their presence had no effect on me.

The crowd finally dispersed when the bell signalling the start of lessons rang. The moment they walked away, both me and Jessica heaved a sigh of relief and leaned against the wall for support. It was exhausting acting like this and getting deprived of what you really wanted to do and act normal. We could not act like normal couples, our actions were all being monitored on and we had to put up a show for these vast amount of people who had nothing better to do.

"Get used to it, Onew. It's going to be your life everyday from now on." Jessica said softly as she told me in a serious tone. "Mwo?! Isn't this only because it's the initial stage of us dating? So people being the busybodies they are want to poke their nose into our affairs?" I exclaimed surprised. Jessica shook her head and said petulantly, " It continues on. It's been my life ever since I started schooling."

My jaw dropped and I stared at my girlfriend in shock and in awe. *Ohmygosh. Just how did she survive her life?? And putting on a show like an acrobat in a circus everyday?!*

Jessica giggled at my reaction and said, "On a positive note. Now I have somebody else to go through it with me." She said nudging me teasingly. I nodded and smiled in response.

*Yes, I will go through this with you.*

"Come on, let's go to class!" I said grabbing a firm grip on her hand and pulling her with me, as I headed to our classroom.

We settled at our seats as the buzzing around us stopped abruptly when the click-clak of our homeroom teacher's high heels could be heard distinctly. We greeted the teacher and she droned on about the ettiquette of our behaviour in a class room, like seriously what ettiquette is there? Many students were rolling their eyes as she spoke on, some were even yawning without even making the effort to cover their mouth, showing outmost disrespect for the teacher.

I was about to doze of when our homeroom teacher announced something that caught not only my attention but many others as well. What she said made many people ait up from their seats giving her their full attention and prying their ears open. Many eyes snapped open and most people were seating on their edge of their seat as she announced an announcement that was so attention grasping.

"This year there will be a competition among couples within you all. Couples need not be made up of the opposite , the prize of this competition will surely catch the attention of you guys, the prize is.....the winning couple gets a day off from school! To spend that day with their partner! Plus another surprise treat! Based on who the winner is and the whole day is subsidised. " She beamed from ear to ear as she saw our faces and strutted out of the classroom, leaving is to.have our own private conversations during our break period.

I sat up in my seat happily as I looked at Jessica seeing the exact same look etched upon her face. One of joy, surprise and anticipation.

"Hyung! Let's partner!" Taemin exclaimed cheerfully.

"Unnie! Let's win this together!" Seohyun siad merrily as she beamed at Jessica brightly. Both me and Jessica exchanged gazes and we bit our lips nervously, not knowing how to answer without hurting their feelings yet rejecting them. Both Taemin's and Seohyun's faces dropped down as they saw our lack of response.

"Uhm...Taemin/Seo I would like to partner..." Both me and jessica started out as we both pointed at each other. Gnawing our cheeks we waited for their response.

To our relief, Seohyun and Taemin both nodded excitedly, adhering to our request. "Of course, unnie I will never separate you guys, I was just afraid that you did not even want to participate in the competition.

"Hyung. You threw me away for Noona. What happen to Ontae forever??"Taemin pouted childishly at me puffing his cheeks out.

I pinched his cheeks and pulled in in a few different directions, tickling his sides, causing him to laugh hysterically. "Ani. Ontae is still forever, but this time I want to pair up with Jessica...after all its a couple game. Pair up with Seohyun, kay?"

In between gulps of lungful of air, Taemin shrieked, " Arraso! Arraso! Hajima!(Stop) I'm going to die from a lack of oxygen." I stopped and ruffled his hair lovingly.

Seohyun looked to Taemin and extended her hand out, initiating a handshake. Taemin beamed at her, aegyeo out pouring from the petite-sized boy. He grabbed Seohyun's hand warmly and shook it. Seohyun blushed and returned his smile warmly.

I turned to Jessica just as she turned to me. " I have a feeling that they will work out just fine." Jessica nodded and we chuckled together merrily.

Turning our backs we headed to the cafeteria together.

Third person POV

"Yeobo!!! Let's win this together! Then we can go.for candle lit dinners together at that restaurant that costs a bomb!" Key shrieked excitedly as he jumped up and down.

"Yeah. Let's win this." Jonghyun said him lips forming a cunning smirk. *Sorry Key, but the person I like is Jessica and she is the apple of my eye so I want to win and prove to her that I can do better than Onew. I want to win her heart. Mianhae Key.*

"I will do anything to win this. Anything." Jonghyun resolved.

A/N. Hey I'm going to be overseas from tomorrow onwards all the way to next sat. So you guys will not be getting any updates for awhile, do bear with me and no worries whilst I'm away, I will use the spare time I have to type chapters out okay? So when I'm back you guys have stuff to read. ;) As a goodbye gift this chapter is quite long! Annyeong.

Oh yeah before I forget to this special reader:Happy birthday and thank.goodness we are going to be classmates again! I'm uber sorry I can't attend you birthday party but there is always next year!!! Yeah? Have fun celebrating with the others!!^^ And please update!!!:) Heehee.