Chapter15-The truth

The only exception.

Onew's POV

"So do you understand now, Onew?" Seohyun asked me shaking my shoulders.

"I understand Seohyun, but this can be done by anyone who treats the other person as a friend. It's nothing exceptional! What makes you so sure that Jessica has special feelings for me and treats me as more than her friend??" I asked, not believing that Jessica likes me.

Seohyun let out a deep sigh and said," Let's head to the cafeteria, this will take awhile to explain." I wanted to refuse but upon seeing the pleading look Seohyun gave me, I relented and nodded my head curtly in agreement.

Seohyun's POV

I knew Onew was going to reject my decision, wanting to hear Jessica's true feelings for him and I lifted my head to send him a pleading look I saw his eyes softened as he gave a rigid nod.

We found a corner seat where there was little noise obstruction. Onew settled down first, whilst I grabbed two cans of coffee.

"Here." I passed him one can and Onew accepted it with a soft murmur of thanks. I nodded and cleared my throat starting my explanation.

"Jessica is a person of status, her parents own practically the whole of Korea, so it's pretty obvious that there is a truckload of boys chasing after her. Those boys lust over the riches she possess. Think about how Jessica feels, commiting her true feelings upon a person who does not really love her. But prefers her riches than her... That's the life of Jessica Jung... It's really not easy for her to trust another person again. You understand?"

Onew's face was clouded with grim and apprehension...silence bestowed upon us as none of us opened our mouth. The silence was finally broken when Onew uttered a single," I understand."

I looked up surprised and urged him on saying,"And..." He took the hint and continued," and I know what must be done now. Thanks for telling me the truth of Jessica's behaviour, Seohyun."

Onew's POV

*So that's the reason for Jessica's weird behaviour...* I sat there thinking for a while before opening my mouth to say that I understood Jessica's actions and I held no grudge against her. Distinctly, I heard Seohyun let out a sigh of relief before she urged me to continue.

"And I know what must be done now..." I said. Of course I knew what was to be done now, I should chase Jessica with all my means and win her heart. At least now I know that she does.have some feelings for me...

"Thanks Seohyun for telling me!! Do you by any chance know where Jessica is now?" I asked my enthusiasm unable to be contained,overflowed from my voice.

Seohyun chuckled ands asked me," so excited to see Jessica?" I blushed beet red and opened my mouth to rebut her when I stammered, unable to find words to hide my longing for Jessica... Seohyun laughed again and said abruptly," It'.s okay. Go chase her Onew! She is at the town council bookstore!"

I nodded and mumbled a thanks before clutching my bag and rushing of in pursuit of Jessica.

* Thank you Seohyun for telling me the truth and sparing me from this misery. Jessica I'm coming for you! Wait for me.*