Chapter16-Poor Jessica

The only exception.

My heart beated at the rate of a hummingbird's heartbeat as I dashed across numerous traffic lights. The wind whistled in my ear and ruffled my hair as I kept running towards my one and only goal now. The town council bookstore.

I gulped a large amount of air before I continued running towards the bookstore. As I ran passed the crowded street, loads of people whipped their head around to stop and stare at me. I heard some comments made by the passer-bys.

"Honey, is he a thief? Why is he running so fast? And robbing in broad daylight?! Really?"

"Oh my gosh! Where is that young boy running off too??"

I heard many more comments, however my determination did I felt the need to run faster and manoveur my way through the crowded street, finding the bookstore where Jessica would be in.

"Phew!" I exclaimed when I finally reached the doorstep of the bookstore. I straightened my shirt that was messed up from running at such a fast pace and took a moment to catch my breath. My face was all flushed from the vigorous activity and beads of perspiration was dripping from my forehead I swiped them away hurriedly and shivered when a gust of wind blew onto my shirt that was entirely drenched with perspiration.

As I stood at the entrance of the bookstore taking deep breaths and regaining my composure. I peered into the bookstore, my eyes darted about looking for Jessica.

Jessica's POV

I sighed looking at the large pile of dusty books that was stacked in such a way that I could barely see the top of the pile.

*No way! That woman does not really expect me to rid all these books from dust and classify them accordingly to their genre right?*

"What are you waiting for! Go and clear that pile of books now, we do.t have all day you know." Sulli, the owner of the bookstore said. Throwing a rag at me she stalked off , nose in the air.

I stared at her back incredulously, biting my teeth ferociously, trying to tolerate Sulli's arrogance.

I finally calmed down and started to begin the tiring task she ordered me to do. With the only motivation in my mind I thought, just two more weeks Jessica. Complete this compulsory voluntary work and get it over and done with. I sighed rolling up my sleeves and tying up my hair into a messy bun.

I gathered my strength and with a tremendous effort I lifted the heavy pile of books. The books blocked my vision as I walked cautiously trying to find a surface to place the books. I continuously repeated the process as beads of perspiration gathered at my furrowed eyebrows as the action of transporting books from one place to another took its toll on me. However unknown to me, a forlorn boon was left at the foot of the desk. I stumbled upon it and tripped. "Omo! " I shrieked as I saw the ground rushing to me...

Hey-lo once again!! I'm sorry that I did not update..heehee. please don't kill me!! I have some news to share with you guys, I'm not sure if it's good news to you guys but anyway here goes... *drum roll please* I have opened a shop that does reviews and provides storylines for any of you guys if need be! It's a joint shop opened by my friend, Taebabyyy and me! I hope you guys can give us your support!! Thanks! And hope to see you guys there! It's under my co-author fic, so be sure to check it out! Thanks! Leave comments and please subscribe! Have a good day/week ahead!