The Truth and the Lies

The Great Queen Sooyeon

...April 643...

A month has passed and Silla was seen in a better condition than it ever was before. Peace in and out of the kingdom was seen and the crops of the country were prospering just as how the cherry blossoms bloomed as spring came.

"Your highess, is there anything serious on your mind that needs to be discussed?" Prince Yoochun's train of thoughts were stopped as Sooyeon's voice started him.

"Ah Sooyeon-ah, nothing is wrong. I am just worried that.. this peace and serenity between Silla might be broken." The Crown Prince turned around and answered with a half-sincere smile and covered it up with a cycle of nervous giggles.

"Your highness, I am most sure that your sister the great Queen Seondeok will not let anyone bring Silla down at it's peak." The Hwarang cheered up the prince as they looked at the scenery in front of them. 

"The Grand Princess has arrived." Grand Princess Jiyeon's servant came into sight as she walked gracefully while dressed in the best silk. "Your highness." Sooyeon whispered audibly as she set aside for the princess to talk to  her half-brother.

"Crown Prince Yoochun-imnida. My mother Consort Jiwoo has informed me to tell you that she and your sister Princess Cheonmyeong are still looking for a possible future wife for you that will spend her entire life with you and bear the next generation of Silla's rulers from your line of ancestry." Jiyeon bowed politely first before formally informing the prince in an matter-of-fact tone.

'Thank you for informing me the Grand Princess Jiyeon however I hope that she is aware that our great grandmother the Hallowed Great Queen Dowager Yeonmyeong of Silla would be displeased for me and you as well if we do not marry someone of the hallowed bone rank or Silla would be screwed and the entire nation will start a revolution upon the ascension of a Jingol king or queen to the Silla throne." Yoochun intelligently argued with his half-sister without raising his voice or scaring her out of anger.

"We are aware of that Crown Prince. However, we have found someone of Seongol rank as well. Kim Chun-chu's daughter with the the Lady Moonmyeong who is of Geumgan-Gaya blood have a daughter named Jeonhee. Also, Consort Jiwoo has a daughter with the  Lord Inwoo named Taeyeon." She added while trying to convice him to immediately take a possible wife.

"I want to marry for love and I myself  have not known them well enough to see if I am worthy to love them and I will never love them the same way I have ever loved my princess!" He walked away  boiling in anger.

---

"Jaejoong-ah! Where are you?" Her voice echoed in the room as it was filled with darkness and was lighted up with a candle. 

"I am right here." His stern yet concerned voice replied from the back which slightly starled the Hwarang. "Tell me.. Who am I really? Tell me the truth. No lies and who am I supposed to be?" Sooyeon immediately asked just as she started to lose her sanity.

"Telling the truth will only bring you to trouble and it would ruin the life you have now!" He answered back as he raised his voice not wanting to talk about this. " i want the truth. The truth is all I need tto become the person I am supposed to be not one someone wants me to be. So who are my parents, who are my siblings if I ever had any, who were my friends and if I were ever to be bethrothed to someone tell me their name!" She brought out her sword and pointed it out to his neck without regret.

"If i tell you the truth.. do not regret asking me to tell you everything." He brought out his own wand and clashed it with  hers. "I don't care anymore." She muttered under her breath. Secretly, the Princess Taeyeon was secretly peeking through the sliding doors as she heard their argues.

"You are... Princess Sooyeon.. who is the Seongol noble supposed to be married to the Crown Prince Yoochun now." Jaejoong closed his eyes as he answered nervously just as if he would be killed for the truth he was hiding. "W..Why didn't you tell me earlier. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME WHO I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AND WHO I REALLY AM?! You lied! It was all lies." She dropped her wand in surprise and was screaming at the top of her lungs.

"I am not your brother. I am nothing related to you. I am supposed to be nothing in your life. I wasn't supposed to even know you!" He got on his knees in tears as he confessed.

"That's it. I am quitting from being a Hwarang and I shall return to my family.. where I am supposed to be." She emotionlessly packed her things into her sack carefully and got everything she owns.

"You are not leaving! You are not yet leaving until the prince finds out the truth and that he is still relying on you as a man not a woman. He screamed mercilessly before getting cut off "In the end of the day I am a woman not a man have you understood that?!" She spit out her words like they were made out of venom and that they were said in the pits of hell full of flames. 

They stared at each other in anger and doubt. "What are you doing staring at me like that?! Come with me and tell the truth to the prince now." She glared at him once more and dragged him with her into the Head Hwarang's office.

"Yes Hwarang Sooyeon and Hwarang Jaejoong. Is there any concern or alarm attacking Silla?" The Head Hwarang asked them in an slightly intimidating tone. 

"We have something to commit. This letter is the letter the Prince has sent me a few years back.. and the girl with me right now is the Crown Princess Sooyeon." Jaejoong cleared his throat before admitting it in a serious tone to their head.

"W..What? Why have you told me just now?! The Queen may have gotten you killed for hiding her from the government for  years now." The threw a stick at him in anger and surprise. 

"I have only recently discovered it." He lied trying to make an excuse. "I am calling the prince in now, so prepare your explanations or worse- your death penalties if it was proved false." The Head Hwarang stood up to call the prince in. 

"I have heard that the Crown Princess has been found?" the Crown Prince Yoochun entered in an alarming speed. "Have you found her? Where is she? Where did you find her?" He stared at the two Hwarangs who he often worked with as he violently shook their shoulders in excitement and glee.

"The princess has been with you the entire time. Our Hwarang Sooyeon is the same Sooyeon the Princess Sooyeon you  were supposed to marry years ago." Yoochun's grin turned upside down into a frown that was surprised, confused and slightly angered.

He immediately hugged her tight and caressed her hair. "Oh my Sooyeon-ah, how long have I missed you!" He hugged her in tears and she just stood there frozen. He immediately released the hug and spoke to the Head Hwarang as their prince. " I would want to excuse her to introduce her once more to the royal family and I.. personally would want her resigned from the Andong Kim Hwarang clan and properly be treated as a woman." After his words were finished, the soldiers in the room including Jaejoong were excused to arrange the meeting and introduction once more of the princess.

"How have you been Sooyeon-ah? What has gotten such a vulnerable woman like you to enter such a violent and unpleasant job as a Hwarang!" He caressed her cheek softly before scolding her in a not-serious way. "It is because.. I have proven myself that women can fight wars, women can kill other people and women can lead-in their own subtle ways.

....