Top Secret

The Great Queen Sooyeon

 

.

.

.

Sooyeon place her hair down as she had to dress up as a guy from that time being before she gets caught by other people around her.

"I told you it was great that Hyunjoong had extra clothes! I mean you could lend mine too but still you look so much like a guy people won't even notice you're cross dressing." Jaejoong arogantly smirked as he looked at her in the mirror and crossed his arms.

"You're gonna look great Sooyeon-ah. Just act like a man and you'll be okay. Trust me, my sisters have cross dressed before and never had got caught."Hyunjoong came in to give Jaejoong and Sooyeon some red meat buns and patted her shoulder as she was looking into the mirror.

"I guess it would be fine for now." She just sighed as she turned around the mirror. "Let's go. The deadline for the Hwarangs would be in a few days." Jaejoong got his things and reminded her to get going.

"Okay okay. Goodbye everybody!" Sooyeon waved goodbye to everyone as she got her bags and got ready to leave. "Good bye. Don't get lost don't get hurt don't die okay?" Hyunjoong joked to them as he place food in their bags.

"Thank you. Come on let's go!" Jaejoong waved from afar and he held his belongings tightly and was calling Sooyeon to run faster and catch up with him. "I"m coming quickly!" She screamed as she ran faster to catch up with him.

They came to Seorabeol in 2 days after walking up hill 200m , stopping at a nearby bath house, taking a carriage ride that took almost a day and another 100m walk down hill.

"That was far." She got on her knees feeling week and sat down on the stairs in front of the palace. "Now get up get up we still have to get to the Hwarang-do office. Come on. Don't be a lazy bum." Jaejoong started dragging her bag and hair while letting her stand up.

"No, not yet." Sooyeon pouted as she sighed and wanted to rest. "Then why do you think we even came this far? Come on let's go to Hwarang-do. Weren't you supposed to join the Hwarangs, now if you will come with me." He just gave a quick sigh and grabbed her from the collar and dragged her inside.

"A.Alright Jaejoong. Y..You're suffocating me. I'm going to die as soon as we get to the office!" She stood up from being dragged and slapped him on the shoulder while being dragged and suffocating which caused her to struggle to speak.

"Fine. Now let's go to the office and get this thing started." He just crossed his arms and they started to calmly walk to the office. They got to the office as they waited in line.

"Now how may I help you, young lads?" A middle aged man came to help the people who came to the office. "We would want to apply as part of the Hwarangs. Are there still open slots for the 10 Hwarangs?" Jaejoong came in front to ask the middle aged man.

"There.......is a few slots left. There are 2 clans open still. Pyeongju Jo and Andong Kim. The Andong Kim clan is for the royal family and is very hard to get into compared to Pyeongju Jo clan. Are you applying with him too?" The old man checked his scroll and looked up to see if he was with some one.

"Ah..Yes. Are there still open slots?" Sooyeon went up to the old man lowering her voice and pretending to be a man. "You two young lads are very lucky, there are still two clans with the royal Andong Kim clan." The middle aged man looked up at them with a smile.

"Thank you ahjusshi!" The both of them bowed down repetitively and thanked the man. "So here are the scrolls you have to fill out and you would have to give them back in 4 days." The man just gave a quick sigh and handed out the scrolls.

"Thank you sir." Sooyeon thanked the middle aged man as she place the scrolls on her bag. " You're welcome.  Now you young lads get back home and rest before the hard training of Hwarangs come to you." The old man gave a quick grin and kindly shooed them away to get back home.

The two of them went home with glee and smiles on their faces. "I told you Sooyeon-ah, we'd get in with the Hwarangs easily." Jaejoong said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Hmmph. Fine you win the bet." She crossed her arms as she rolled her eyes in defeat. "Haha." He just stared at her face directly and laughed sarcastically.

----

In the royal palace, the royal family was busy securing it's borders while ensuring ties and allies with the other kingdoms.

"You have called me mother?" Jiyeon came in her mother's chambers and bowed down politely. "Yes darling. Take a seat." Jiwoo gave a weak smile and made her daughter sit down.

"Is there anything important you would want us to discuss about?" The princess sweetly asked her mother curiously. "Well, yes. I've thought of marrying you off to Lord Heejun's son Jaejoong-" Jiwoo drank her tea as she was discussing issues towards marriage before a voice startled her to stop and get cut off.

"Princess Hwayoung has arrived." A maid called out in entrance of the younger princess. "Hello, mother." Hwayoung flashed a grin before bowing down to her mother.

"Come sit down sweetheart, you can join our conversation here." Her mother let her daughter sit down next to her older sister. "Mother, I have heard you have plans for Princess Jiyeon to get married with Lord Heejun's only son?" Hwayoung raised her eyebrow as she started a conversation.

"Yes I have. Why have you asked then, are you interested for one as well?" Jiwoo teased as she smirked her youngest daughter. "No, mother. I am completely going against this decision of yours." The young princess stood up in protest and looked at her mother coldly.

"You dare disagree with me?" The consort threatened her daughter with an arrogant smirk. "Hwayoung-ah. Don't. This is for the best of the kingdom and the survival of the Sacred bone (Seongol) to Silla. Please." Jiyeon pleaded her younger sister to sit down and change her mind while holding on her arm trying to make her sit down.

"If you disagree, I would let you marry Kim Chunchu's (Princess Cheonmyeong's son) younger brother Chun Hyeon." Jiwoo pierced her daughter with her deadly glare. "I mean it wouldn't be a bad marriage. As both of you are now of the sacred bone status, it would only be better if the two of you have children." The consort added with a bittersweet tone.

"Fine mother. If this is to keep Jiyeon-unnie away from these arranged marriages of yours, I'll do it." The younger princess agreed to what her mother told her to do just as if she was possesed. "Hwayoung-ah." Jiyeon whispered to her sister which she just ignored.

"If this is what pleases you and what you want, fine." Jiwoo frowned at her daughter with a sad face. "Now if you excuse me." She just stood up with a sigh and excused herself.

Hwayoung gave a short glare to her mother and ran back to her chambers. "Princess! Princess!" The maids started chaising her to her chambers. Jiwoo gave a quick sigh before leaving to get washed.

"M...Mother?" Jiyeon called her mother while her mother was going to her bed. "Yes Princess Jiyeon?" The consort calmly looked back as she turned around to listen to her daughter.

"What is it that?" The princess pointed out to an covered object that seems rectangular and long which is covered with silk. "It's the painting the princess made which she orignally had to give to the prince of their wedding day." Jiwoo stepped next to her daughter and touched the painting covered with silk.

"May I see it?" Jiyeon nervously asked her mother and looked at her. "Of course. Go look at the masterpiece she has made." Her mother let her take the silk off with her permission.

The princess gently pulled the purple silk cloth of the rectagular shaped object and as it fell a masterpiece was seen. It was a painting of a lily bordered with roses, carnations, baby breaths, red poppy flowers and cherry blossoms which had butterflies surrounding the beautiful garden. The painting had many beautiful bright colours that blended well with each other. The soft and shard edges made the painting just wonderful.

"It looks amazing." Jiyeon only stared at the painting and complemented it. "Yes it was. A true masterpiece made by a true princess. Too bad the prince did not receive it yet. The princess wanted to personally give it to him on the wedding day and worked on it the entire evening previously. She told me she personally wanted to give it to him as a gift, so I decided not to give it to him." Jiwoo walked away and started to take off her hair accesories.

Jiyeon looked left and right if someone would see her. She sighed in relief. She decided to take the painting with her but a scroll fell out from it.

She in surprise picked it up hoping no one heard it and opened it immediately to find what is inside. It was love letter from Sooyeon to her future husband Yoochun. It was written in Chinese but fortunately Jiyeon was educated on the language as a child.

"Dear Crown Prince Yoochun,

I now both of us had become anxious on how the wedding would turn out but this day has come and we would become husband and wife. My first impression of you was that you were very caring and kind which is very true and that side of yours is what makes me attracted to you. I promise to love you with all my heart and never let go of you just like how you never let go of me.

I am very thankful for all the love you have showered me with and how you helped me get used to how the royal family works and how to get royal duties done. I am very glad for that when I most needed you to help me do my royal duties, you were right there supporting and helping me to the best of your ability.

I am very glad that the royal family was very open to our marriage and that they did not treat me with a cold shoulder, but instead as a part of the royal family. When we are old enough, I would like to bless you with sons and daughters as many as you like. With us rulling the kingdom, I would want to support you in making the kingdom prosperous like during King Beopheung and King Jijeung's reigning period.

I would want to be a queen that would not manipulate you and your great ways, but to support you in choosing the right decision for the royal family and for the kingdom of Silla. I wish the best for you and I for our marriage.

Love, Crown Princess Sooyeon."

Jiyeon carefully scrolled up the letter and then covered the painting with the silk cloth she carried it with her before opening the door and closing it as she had to leave.

"Please hold these and take them to my chamber." She handed her objects to her personal maid as she started to go back to her chambers and had a smile on her face that kept a secret.

.

.

.

I'd like to thank my 20 subscribers! ^^ Thank you very much and as a reward here have a update of Chapter 10. ^^ Good bye guys, take care. Till the next update. :D