Royal Struggles

The Great Queen Sooyeon

.

.

.

"So will you sign the agreement or not, Prince Jungsoo?" Jiwoo just smirked at the younger prince who was still in thought to sign the dangerous agreement between the two warring kingdoms.

"I shall sign it as ordered by my father." Jungsoo just sighed at the Consort and signed the agreement in a heart beat.

"So shall we review the effects, countereffects, advantages and disadvantages of this contract?" She just sighed as she looked at the scroll and looked at his signature carefully.

"I still trust this kingdom even if you yourself, Consort Jiwoo. Poisoned my mother while she was pregnant to my supposed to me younger sibling!" The prince glared coldly at the consort and then looked back at the table where the scroll of contracts layed on.

"Well then, young prince. Let's get to the point. I hope you are aware that signing this alliance it will secure the Geumgan Gaya territory as Silla's while southern of Goguryeo would be Baekje's." The consort just ignored the deadly glare and stared directly to the scroll of alliance.

"Yes, I have. My father talked to me about this. Also, I have one more thing to propose as part of the alliance." Jungsoo raised his head in pride with a poker face planted on his face.

"And what is that, Prince Jungsoo of Baekje?" Jiwoo arrogantly smirked at the prince of the rival kingdom as she used her fan elegantly waving air against her porcelain face."

"It is to strengthen the ties between the two kingdoms. I would like to take one member of the Silla royal family as my Queen of Baekje." Jungsoo proposed in bravery as he looked up to the consort.

"You? Marrying a member of the Silla royal family. No. It would only cause you to enter the royal courts which is forbidden. And your mother is Princess Seonhwa. She is the Queen's younger sister , how much else do you think you can be related ot this royal line and further destroy it just like how your father did?!" Jiwoo looked at the Baekje prince in confusion and just laughed hysterically at him before raising her voice in anger.

"I am nothing like my father. My father is an ruthless man who killed his own sister just because she was a female member of the Baekje royal family who seemed no worth to him." Jungsoo got on his knees on mercy and begged for forgiveness for his mother.

The consort violently stood up from her chair and raised the chin of the prince to carefully examine his features. He had the facial structures and masculine aura his father the king of Baekje had, but he had the mannerisms,ways and the soft eyes his mother  Princess Seonhwa of Silla possessed.

"You do look like Seonhwa. That filthy girl that choose a flithy Baekje peasant instead of the honors and riches she had to have if she did not leave the kingdom." She let go of his face and looked down at him with a glare of anger.

"How she hid the fact that she gave birth to you during a trip to Baekje that's why she choose to stay there for over a year to not make it obvious that she had a child with the king." The consort raised her voice and smacked him on the face hard that caused him to land on the ground.

"The Crown Prince has arrived." The maid's voice startled the two of them as the prince's presence was felt from there.

Crown Prince Yoochun came in with an elegant aura a prince next in line the throne must possess. He bowed down to both of the royal people present in the room and kept a cold expression as he stopped walking.

He glared slightly at the Baekje prince holding back a smile while wanting to be at peace with the prince of Baekje. "Hello Crown Prince, It is very glad to see you visit us in discussion of the Alliance with Baekje." The consort bowed at the prince as she gave a bright smile as she tried to brighten up the tension in the room.

"Yes. The alliance. I would like to personally talk with the Prince of Baekje, if you excuse us and do not mind." Yoochun calmly smiled to the consort as he tried to excuse him and Jungsoo.

"If that is what pleases you, then I shall be excused then." Jiwoo uncomfortably stood up from her chair and immediately excused herself. As soon as she turned her shoulder, she gave a quick smirk before walking off to her chambers.

Cold glares and eyebrow raises were the first actions exchanged between the crown prince's of the warring kingdoms and an heart-to-heart conversation was to be made.

                                                                                      . . .

It was the day they waited and stayed up for. It was the day they would become Hwarangs. Hwarangs who would train all day and all night to serve the country with all their might.

"I now, announce the new batch of Hwarangs who will join us for this year. The Andong Kim's who will serve the royal family in their ventures outside the kingdom borders and outside Seorabeol." Princess Jiyeon opened the golden royal scroll as she was the female bearer of the seal of Hwarang.

The 10 head Hwarangs came up each holding their flags. Each Hwarang clan had a different color and seal design. The designs and colors show their traits and individuality compared to the other clans.

The Andong Kim clan's traits were Bravery and Loyalty, symbolizing the fact that they were directly serving the royal family and were rarely sent out to go against for war like the other clan's. After their positions have been analized, they went around the palace to get used to the palace and socialize

"Hey." Jaejoong secretly smacked Sooyeon's shoulder walking behind her ".H.Hey!" Sooyeon almost squealed like a little girl but lowered her voice immediately making her sound like a guy.

"Hey are you gay?!" A nobleman named Heechul arrogantly as he ignorantly nudged her on the shoulder. He was practically acting like this as he is of a Jingol rank. He was raised to praise and be thankful for being someone of the true bone rank. 

King Beopheung was his mother's great great uncle while his father had Geumgan Gaya relatives while he descended from the Seok Clan which once rulled Silla before the coup d'etat of the Kim Clan. These facts made him qualify for the Jingol rank.

"No. I'm straight. Hey who are you to ask about my gender that easily?! " Sooyeon crossed her arms bluntly at him before looking at him in confusion as she raised her voice.

"Ah.. Don't just notice him. He's really like that." Another Andong Kim Hwarang was Yesung who was very calm and was more concentrated on his book than the palace itself.

"Aish!" Heechul just playfully smacked Yesung on the shoulder as he crossed his arms and walked ahead with a pout on his face. They finished the tour of the palace immediately and then went to the princess' work room to be assigned of who each of the 12 membered Hwarangs would become the body guard of the members of the Royal Family.

"I welcome you, Andong Kim Hwarang Clan. As all of you are special, especially to the royal family as you protect us from our enemies. Today, I shall now anounce who you will become a body guard of among the royal family and it's allies while they are here." Princess Jiyeon stood up as she held the scroll and the Andong Kim clan was patiently circled around her.

"Yes Princess." The Hwarang Clan patiently said in chorus while the servants helped her organize the scrolls together and got the ones she did not need anymore.

"I will assign Yesung-shii to become the personal body of the King your highness." She gracefully anounced their positions one by one. "Yes Princess." Yesung politely agreed as he bowed down on the ground.

"Heechul-shii will be with Lady Jiwoo and the 3 consorts." She added. "Yes Princess." He kneeled on the ground right next to Yesung. "Sooyeon-shii will become the bodyguard of Princess Hyoyoung and Prince Yoochun." The princess continued as Sooyeon knelt on the ground and responded to the princess' assignments.

"Yes Princess." She responded. " Jaejoong-shii shall be my personal bodyguard." She looked straight into Jaejoong's eyes which scared him deep inside. "Yes Princess." Jaejoong bowed down with a polite nod as he kneeled next to Sooyeon.

Afterwards, the rest of the Hwarang clan was sorted to who they will be a private and personal body guard or who they will assist in their royal duties.

 

Hyoyoung slept in the same bed as the Tang Emperor in effect of her becoming the Cocumbine Of The Royal Emperor of Tang. The Empress Li Yin had to sleep in a separate room as she was currently pregnant to his child. Now that Hyoyoung was a Royal Cocumbine of Tang, she now wore these robes from that day on. She previously wore this for their wedding.

The empress was very uncomfortable with the idea of a "Sillan cocumbine" and almost caused her to suffer a miscarriage and lose her child who she for a long time has been praying for. The prayers of Princess Cheonmyeong, Princess Hwayoung and Princess Jiyeon to the Buddha has fortunately saved the child.

The empress was someone of a powerful backround being descended from the last emperor of the Sui Dynasty and having Goguryeo relatives she was really up there in the ranks and was one of the possible and most suiting young lady to become the Empress of Tang.

She was very intelligent and very well mannered for a girl her age. She was a beauty every man in Tang Dynasty would kill each other far. Those qualities of hers made her quite arrogant and confident, as influence of the Queen Dowager Song Quian who helped her parents raise her to be the next Empress.

She was used to royal silk clothes and extravegant spending her parents let her go by. She usually wore overflowing clothes like this but since she was pregnant and usually stayed in the palace most of the time, she usually wore less complicated clothes to be child friendly to the child she was carrying.

The empress prayed for the days and nights in order to conceive a son. A Son that would follow his father's footsteps on become the Emperor of The Great Dynsty of Tang. She knew she would lose authority and respect if she would give birth to a daughter. The Emperor would always love her but would never see her the same way.

She always place the safety and life of the emperor first than hers. She often gave her freedom away to set aside time for the development of the kingdom and to support her husband.

Now that another woman was present to take a place in her husband's life and was now found in her own lover's bed. She felt miserable and replaced. She could not even believe her husband already commited polygamy. She was loyal since the day of the wedding and now seeing him with another woman just hurts her just like any other wife would be when her husband would have a mistress.

She came in her husband's chamber as a smile was painted all over her face with a tray of tea and red bean paste buns holding her slightly swollen stomach but her smile and the tray she was carrying spread feel on the ground and tea fell over everywhere before she took a cup that still had quite a lot and spilled the rest of the tea on the cocumbine's face who was fast asleep next to the emperor.

"You wretch!" The Tang empress screamed at the top of her lungs before scarlet red fluid started to go down her legs and made her tremble in nervousness.

As the maids immediately brought her to her chambers to be looked after by the doctor while some trial was held outside.

"And who are you, you filthy peasant?!" Lady Jiwoo's voice was heard echoing from outside to inside the palace.

.

Hey guys Melody here! ^^ I'm so sorry I have delayed my update, because I went out yesterday so don't worry the update is finally here. Till the next chapter.

(Cliffhanger If you did not notice.)