Back Home

The Great Queen Sooyeon

 

...January 643...

Around 2 months after the time they had to hide Princess Seonhwa's daughter with Lord Yunho, the mysteries and complications of Silla still haven't been solved.

"The three of you have to go back immediately to the kingdom, as from the King's orders. The twin princesses Hwayoung and Hyoyoung will need your security now also we need to let the Crown Prince be protected in the borders of the royal palace or he might get in trouble." One of the other Andong Kim Hwarangs, Yesung ran to them immediately to spread the message sent to him as a direct order.

"We will go back immediately." The Crown Prince Yoochun stood up immediately as he signalled his two companions to come with him back to the carriage. Sooyeon immediately got on the horse which carried the prince's palaquin while Jaejoong got on his horse which was behind the palaquin to be able to protect the prince.

"Let's go!" The Royal Horseman signalled the other Hwarangs as he hit his horse on a stick carrying the palaquin back to the palace. After around several hours of travelling back up north to Seorabeol, it was getting dark and the sun was starting to set.

"I guess it would be a better idea to stop here now and take a rest." The prince ordered firmly which caused the horses and the palaquin to stop in the middle of the travel. "The prince orders us to stop!" The horseman shouted out in anger to signal the other Hwarangs who were still riding on their horse.

The prince got down of his palaquin and talked to his other two companions Sooyeon and Jaejoong. Yoochun got his basket full of snacks he brought from the palace and offered some to Sooyeon "Your Highness, you didn't need to giv-." Sooyeon looked at the Prince in surprise and embarassment as she politely denied the snacks before getting cut off by The Crown Prince himself.

"No Sooyeon-ah. You haven't eat in hours! I wouldn't want you to faint and fall on the horse or possibly worse die." Yoochun place a finger on her lips giving a 'shh' while he held the snacks near her and lectured her as he crossed his arms.

"It's my orders for you.. and the rest of the Hwarangs to eat. Come on, eat all of you eat!" The prince just gave a quick sigh and place the neatly wrapped snack on her hand.

"How about you your highness? You might starve and we would be killed by the Queen herself by eating your snacks.." Heechul politely asked the prince in confusion while he was still afraid of the consquences of accepting the snacks.

"That's nonsense! I brought another basket of snacks for the Hwarang of course." Yoochun rolled his eyes while laughing as he got another basket of snacks for the Hwarangs to share.

"All hail Prince Yoochun of Silla!" The Hwarangs cheered in joy before they ate the snacks happily while drinking and fighting with their swords playfully just like there was a festival.

It seemed just like the night was so short with the mini festival they held in the middle of the road with the snacks they ate which filled their stomachs succesfully. The remaining road back was rocky before they got to Seorabeol peacefully.

"Prince Yoochun!" Grand Princess Jiyeon waited at the gates of Seorabeol as she saw the palaquin and the Hwarangs enter the gate of the royal palace. Jiyeon immediately hugged her half brother as he came down the palaquin.

The twin Princesses Princess Hwayoung and Hyoyoung came to see the return of their older half-brother Crown Prince Yoochun. The Royal Consort Jiwoo stood in the middle of them with a bittersweet smile.

Princess Hyoyoung's baby bumb was getting quite obvious, as it was streching her royal robes ripped and had to wear special robes to not let her clothes rip to pieces. She was around 6 months pregnant while the Empress Li Yin was on her final month of pregnancy and was to give birth without them knowing.

"Welcome back to the palace, Your highness." The Tang Emperor sincerely welcomed the Crown Prince of Silla. "Thank you, Emperor of Tang." Yoochun warmly bowed down to the foreign allied emperor with a bright smile.

"Lord Jaejoong-ah.." The prince whispered to the Lord right next to him secretly. "Yes, your highness?" Jaejoong approached the prince and listened to him.

"Call Sooyeon immediately. I know he might be serving the vulnerable and pregnant Princess Hyoyoung but I need to speak to him." Yoochun ordered in demand. "As quick as possible, Your Highness." The young lord's voice echoed and faded out.

"Yes Your Highness?" Sooyeon sprung up in surprise to the Crown Prince of Silla. "We will need to prepare for when we and the other Hwarangs will attack Baekje and end the rein of King Mu." The prince sat down in his chair and looked carefully into the map.

"On other thing, Your Highness. That one thing that still keeps Baekje upright without it's walls is it's Crown Prince Ujia. Ujia is the reason that Baekje still has a reason to exist even when it is falling to it's knees." Sooyeon honestly told the prince.

"We will have to kill him. If it's to that extent to protect our people and Silla. Call the General and the Hwarangs." Crown Prince Yoochun signalled to his co-hwarang to call the rest of the gang. 

--- 

The Queen of Baekje Seonhwa woke up to a small hut which was nothing to the extravegant palace she lived in Baekje and the one she grew up in Silla. 

"Your highness. Finally you have waken up!" One of the Queen's most loyal servants Ijiin ran to Seonhwa in excitement as she finally woke up and he was busy cooking stew in the new house that Iijin bought from a merchant who was moving to Goguryeo.

"Iijin-ah, why are we here?" Queen Seonhwa of Baekje looked around in disgust before asking her lady in waiting a question out of confusion. "Your Highness you have decided to come home to Silla after several years and you ended giving birth to your daughter at the haybarn at the palace.  Your Sister the Queen Seondeok though has given orders to find you in every direction you were in Silla but you fainted when your daughter was born ." The lady in waiting innocently informed the Queen of the falling kingdom of Baekje.

"My daughter?! Where is my daughter?!" Seonhwa the former Queen was now bursting in anger destroying everything in sight while she looked for her daughter who she has not seen when she was born. " Your highness, she has been left in the haybarn forgive us." Iijin bit her nails in anxiousness afraid of the consquences she would face.

"How dare you leave my daughter like that?!" She came in tears burning the things in front of her as her eyes got wet and they went down her porcelain cheeks and they touched her raven black hair as she lost sanity.

Soon afterwards, the entire town was on fire and the former Queen now murderer started killing all the people she has seen in the town. Walls splattered with scarlet blood, wood and hay houses now on fire with no traces of life other than the corpses long dead present in the town. 

Her raven black hair that fell down her waist was a complete mess which looked inappropriate for a Queen. She grabbed a knife which was used by one of the commoners who were long dead and chopped her hair short that it only reached the nape of her neck which was highly short to the standards of the Three Kingdoms of Korea. 

"Have you caused all of these, young lady?" A Hwarang of the Seulpodo Hwang clan came to the former Silla princess in a rush with suspicion in his eyes as he eyed Seonhwa as the suspect of the mass murder and destruction of property to one of the most productive towns of Seorabeol. 

"I have done all of this for Baekje. For the sake of Baekje! I have the blood of royal Silla running in my blood but Baekje is now my royalty as Silla has abandoned me from what I deserve and what I have been fighting for!" The Queen of Baekje bursted out in anger loosing her sanity before getting arrested by the rest of the Hwarangs of the clan as she was brought to the dungeon of the Seorabeol kingdom.

...

Empress Li Yin of the Great Dynasty of Tang was about to give birth to the child who would be next in line to the throne of Tang and would be close to the succesion of the kingdom of Silla. 

"Pray to the Buddha for a son that will be blessed to the Tang Dynasty and blessings would be shared from Silla Dynasty to the child!" Princess Cheonmyeong of Silla lead the praying to the Buddha so that a succesful son to the Throne of Tang would be born without problem and would be a healthy boy. 

At the same moment, Lady Consort Jiwoo of Silla was in her chambers talking to her younger twin daughter Princess Hyoyoung who was now Cocumbine Hyoyoung of Tang.

"That filthy Empress better have a daughter. A thin, fragile sickly girl just as unattractive as her! " The Consort cursed under her breath as she took a sip of her tea and spilled the rest on the floor.
"Mother. You must not talk negatively about the Empress of Tang." Hyoyoung tried to calm down her mother as she held her slightly swollen stomach as a few locks of her hair fell from her head to her shoulders.

"If that lust-ful gives a daughter to the Tang Emperor then you will lose hope to taking over the throne of the Tang Dynasty and hope for Silla to have respectful ties within different dynasties and kingdoms that spread within lands!" Jiwoo scolded her youngest daughter as the gender of the child born today will change their and several people's fate. 

2 hours later, "Your highnesses. The Princess Cheonmyeong has just informed us that the Tang Empress Li Yin has given birth to a daughter." Consort Jiwoo's lady-in-waiting Moonhee informed the Consort and her daughter Cocumbine Hyoyoung of Tang. 

"That is great." Jiwoo smirked evilly as she stood up and started ploting her plans. "Excuse me mother. I will have to check on the Empress and her daughter." Hyoyoung stood up from her seat before standing up and walking to the Empress' chamber.

"Your highness Empress of Tang. What a beautiful daughter do you have Empress Liyin." The cocoumbine entered the chamber of the Empress as she tried to cheer her up as she was utterly dissappointed that a daughter was born instead of a daughter.

"It could have only been greater if a son was brought to this world instead of a daughter." Li Yin said in a dissappointed tone as she wrapped more silk clothing around her newly born daughter.

"Have I heard a daughter was born instead of a son?" The Emperor of Tang Hangeng came in with a dissappointed tone as he walked in the chambers slowly. " I am so so sorry I have dissappointed you, Your Highness." The Empress cried out in embarassment afraid of the consquences she would receive out of failure to conceive a son. 

"We can try another time, as she is only a first born and we could have many, many sons after which Buddha will bless us with. We have a second chance since Cocumbine Hyoyoung is pregnant as well and let us hope that it'll be a son." The Emperor sighed at his wife and wiped the tears from rolling to her cheeks before the Empress glared at the Cocumbine in anger and jealousy.

...

A/N: Sorry guys! I temporarily left the fandom and now I'm back. Here it is. I'm going to complete and edit the next chapter so it is coming soon!! ^^ - Melody