The Painting Of The Past

The Great Queen Sooyeon

.

.

.

The Crown Prince sighed at the paper work that piled up his table and he unscrolled the important documents and death threats from different kingdoms that border and allies them dark into the night with only candles that brighten up the room.

"The princess has arrived." A voice startled the prince." Come in." He looked up and stood up to listen to his sister. " Hello, Prince Yoochun." Princess Jiyeon bowed politely as she sat down on a chair and gave a slight smile.

"Is there anything bothering you I can help you on, Grand Princess?" He set his paper work aside as he set time to listen to his half sister. "I have something important to give you." She just gave a grin and place an object covered with purple silk and a letter right on top of this.

"What is this and who is this from?" The prince asked in confusion as he took the painting and letter and started to look into them. "It's from the Crown Princess Sooyeon-na. She had to give it to you on the wedding day and worked all night on it. She wanted to personally give it to you but since she couldn't, mother decided to keep it in her chambers till she comes back. " Jiyeon smiles bittersweetly at the thought of the princess.

"Really? I'm glad your mother still has it with her. I'm really thankful for you giving it to me." Yoochun looked at the Grand Princess with tearful eyes with a smile as he carefully read the letter. As he read the letter, his tears fell on the paper as the words from the princess sincerely touched and at the same time made him miss her more.

"Your highness, she has also left a painting for you." The princess gave the painting to the prince. The prince took the purple silk gently off the hidden object and saw the masterpiece indeed.

"It is just beautiful. Very beautiful. It is just as beautiful as her." The crown prince looked at the painting with tears of joy and sadness. The princess looked at him with sympathy while tears started to fall from her eyes.

"I..I shall put this up my room as an important remembrance of her to remind me that she is still there, somewhere. Waiting for the right time to come back to me." Yoochun stood up as he wiped his tears and set the painting aside.

"She is just there outside of this dangerous palace, your highness. She is just waiting for that time when she could come back to your arms and the two of you could live as a happy family." She looked at him with tears as he hugged the letter close to his heart.

"You shall comeback, my princess. You will." He whispered to himself as he promised the princess while hugging the letter and keeping it as it is very valuable to him.

That following night, Sooyeon and Jaejoong where back to the inn to rest and prepare for the day they would start as Hwarangs. They were all sleeping peacefully at the bunk beds but Sooyeon suddenly felt an discomfort as she was sleeping in the middle of the night.

It was a nightmare. That nightmare was a fragment of her past. A past that she never remembers. It haunted her most of the times but not as bad as now.

The dream was her life as a teenager in the palace. When she was princess and it was just the end of her childhood and start of her adolesence. She didn't really remember the people that showed up in her dream as she lost her memory and it seemed to haunt her so much it was terrifying and was driving her crazy.

The dream was vivid and blurry but the message was there and to the point. It seemed obvious that the dream wanted her to remember her past and live the same way.

Sooyeon was tied up to a pole and was struggling to breathe. Fortunately, Princess Jiyeon unties her from the pole and runs away with her back to the Heaven Palace. An arrow tried to target them but fortunately missed them.

The prince and the Hwarang soldiers ran as fast as possible to save the princesses from the attacks of Baekje. But it was too late as a soldier has charged to the Crown Princess and left a giant scar on her back which was bleeding completely.

"Princess! Princess!" The prince shook his princess' shoulder as he place her head on his lap. The princess out suddenly and her eyes closed as she fell unconcious as the dream faded out.

She woke up to reality in shock sweating and panicking as she looked at several directions to see if she was in a dream or not. She slapped her own face to feel if she could feel herself and to see if she was in the real world.

She looked down the bunk bed to see Jaejoong peacefully sleeping with his eyes closed and with a smile in his face. She sighed in relief that it was all a nightmare. Just a nightmare.

"Jae?" She looked down in anticipation to see if he was awake of not. "Yeah, Sooyeon-ah?" He woke up from his bed and looked up to her.

"My past is haunting me and I don't know what to do anymore?!" She whined at him in panic. "Don't worry. That past of yours is no longer important. What important to you is the present. Past is past and you can't change anything from it. Don't let the sadness of your past and fear of the future ruin the future.Now go back to sleep or you would fall asleep on your breakfast again."He just sighed and went back to sleep.

"Fine." She just pouted at him and layed down on her bed to go back to sleep.

---

It seemed like a festival. Dancers twirling and dancing around as a grand celebration in the kingdom was held. It was Prince Yoochun's 21st birthday.

The birthday celebration was grand as he was next in line to the throne and most importantly, he was a prince. He was young and wise. He was knowledgable about what was happening between the kingdoms.

He was kind and helpful, but behind that mask of perfection were scars that can only be healed by love. Those scars were wounded by his true love as she had to stay away from him to avoid harm.

Those scars of his were also from staying at the palace for most of his life. The lies, prophecies, mistresses, betrayals and wars caused him a wound that scarred him mentally for life.

He lived in a palace that seemed picture perfect. The swaps and lakes with clear water bordered the palace from predators and commoners to simply come in to attack the palace.

The beautifully crafted architecture that was advanced and modern for that period of time. The beautiful colors painted the palace beautifully as blood shed overlapped and splashed on the walls at the amount of wars that erupted inside the palace.

He was young and just turned 21 which was very young. He only pretended to be stupid and foolish so that the bandits from foreign kingdoms won't think he'd do something against them if they would capture him, as he was once kidnapped as a child and burnt the place where he was kidnapped before running away to be found by his parents like nothing hapapened.

He also proved himself even at a young age, that he wasn't a coward prince unlike the prince of Baekje. As children, he was great friends with the prince of Baekje who was around a couple of years older than him and was from a rival kingdom from him.

They usually went out for horse rides and sword lessons with the Generals while their monarch fathers were arguing and fighting over the colonies and territories that caused further tension between the two kingdoms and the two princes tried their best to let their friendship stay the same over these changes.

Yoochun usually looked up to the Prince of Baekje. He was brave and adventurous, compared to the younger prince who was a introvert and was more of the indoor type. The older prince was skilled at horse riding, archery and hunting. He usually taught the younger during his free time.

That precious friendship and brother relationship was ruined after just one incident. The one incident that ruined everything was the Silla- Baekje war. It was not the thing that the two kingdoms were at war. It was the tension and competition that there people caused on them.

The people from both kingdoms oftenly compared and bragged about how great their princes were. They often argued on who was better looking, more intelligent , a better warrior and many other little things.

After quite a long time, this annoyed the princes and to the point they had to end their friendship. Now that this happened, it caused quite a relief to the King of Silla as he could now go against Baekje without his son needing to stop him and getting hurt about how he would attack his friend's kingdom.

Even if they are no longer in good terms, the good memories of the past still haunt them and hurt them whoever get's hurt in the survival of the fittest. However, no more than that. They no longer greet each other with a smile or write a handful of personal letters to each other that they always used to do in the past.

As both of them were next in line to the throne, both of them knew that as they would be king they would have no choice to either make an alliance or go against each other without mercy.

The Prince of Silla just smiled in hope, hoping that when he meets the prince of Baekje again they may come at peace once more before he dies.

.

.

.

Thank you 21 subscribers! ^^ The next chapter would be up without you knowing it as I have drafted them already. Adieu! ~

Keep on commenting and subscribing my lovelies! :D