The Child In The Haybarn

The Great Queen Sooyeon

...November 642...

Princess Seonhwa or the now Queen Seonhwa of Baekje returns to Silla on the royal horse the king of Baekje sent for her to ride on. She and her servants decided to let her go through the hay barn where the horses usually stay. As soon as she gets off her horse, red liquid flows down to the ground.

"Your highess!" The Queen's lady in waiting let Seonhwa lay down on the hay grass next to the horses. "I..I think I am giving birth.." Seonhwa said out of breathe as she was screaming of pain. 

"M..Maids! Help me as the Queen is giving birth." The lady in waiting signalled the other maids to approach the Queen and deliver the Queen's child.

"Push, your highness!" One of the maids advised to the Queen who was suffering and sweating while delivering her child. "Take her royal robes off and only leave her white clothing! " The lady in waiting panicked out of worry for the Queen consort.

"Yes." The rest of the maids took her colourful silk royal robes off to be just left off with her white cotton clothing to make it easier for her to deliver her child.

"Push your highness!" Seonhwa pushed the hardest she could while the maids were trying to take out the Queen's child as quick as possible but were still aware that they had to be careful with the child.

After several pushes, a royal daughter was born from Queen Seonhwa. The maids cut the umbilical cord and wrapped the newborn royal princess with swadling clothes only a peasant would use instead of royal silks that people of the royal family use.

"It is a daughter." The lady in waiting politely handed the queen's daughter carefully with a smile. "After several sons, I have finally been blessed with a daughter. You my daughter, is of royal Silla and Baekje blood. Your name will be Deokman, just like your aunt. The great Queen of Silla and you shall be proud of your namesake." Seonhwa brushed the cheek of her sleeping daughter 

A knock on the door startled the people of Baekje as they remembered that they were on foreign territory. "Who is that?" One of the maids answered like she worked at the horse stable like a horse cleaner.

It's was the Andong Kim Hwarangs waiting outside the door. They were incharge of inspecting the main stations of Seorabeol and checking if someone suspicious was in the important stations of the palace. What caught there attention, was how the doors were securely looked and some weird noises was heard from outside.

"NN.Nothing is happening here." The lady in waiting replied in a hostile and stern voice which signalled them to be left alone. "We shall check again if anything suspicious is happening in there." The Hwarangs just sighed and started another round of inspecting the Seorabeol grounds.

"We have to get out of here immediately, your highness." The general pulled up the Queen quickly which caused her to drop her daughter on the grass." My daughter!" Seonhwa shreiked and streched her arms forward to her daughter who was sleeping peacefully on the hay.

The rest of the Baekje people inside left and went back to Baekje immediately. A few hours later, the Hwarangs came back on their second round of inspection

"Who is inside?!" Jaejoong slammed the door open as hard as possible without breaking it. "I..It's a baby." Sooyeon kneeled to the ground and ruffled up the hay to see a baby girl crying in surprise.

" What kind of mother would leave her own child in a hay barn where horses stay? "Prince  Yoochun approached Sooyeon and looked down further to see the child. He moved the swaddling clothes from the infant's face to see a sleeping figure peacefully sleeping.

"I'll carry the child around and ask some of the maids if they know who's child is this, your highness." She just smiled politely to the prince who was happily. "The child is adorable." The prince lightly brushed the child's cheek with a smile.

"I see signs of blood here, which could mean the mother has actually given birth here." Jaejoong sniffs up the hay and looks deeper into it seeing hay dripping red blood.

"Let's look deeper into it , we might find something." Sooyeon used her free hand to dig deeper into the hay while holding the sleeping figure in her other hand trying not to drop the child.

The three of them went searching for any evidence on who's the mother of the child and found a rose petal pendant which seemed familiar to the prince himself.

"Hey! This is Princess Seonhwa's rose petal pendant. My Grandmother the Great Queen Dowager Yeonmyeong gave it ." Yoochun opened his eyes wide open as a stragely familiar object pops up to his eyes once more. "Is it possible that the princess has payed a visit from Baekje, your highness?" Jaejoong looked over the crown prince's shoulder in curiosity.

"Well. I haven't heard of my aunt after she was found pregnant with the King of Baekje's child. All I knew she had left Silla since then and became the Queen of Baekje afterwards." Yoochun just stood up and gazed around the room with a silent sigh of unreadable and unpredictable emotions.

"This child.. Is of Baekje and Silla royal blood. We must take care of her." Sooyeon just calmly looked at the sleeping child and covered the child fully with swadling clothes.

"Are you crazy? All of those of Baekje blood should be driven out of the kingdom. A descendant of the Baekje people shall destroy this kingdom at once!" Jaejoong stared at her in disbelief.

"I'll be ready to take the risk." She bravely looked at him in a firm tone. "The prophecy will only take place if the public actually knows it's her and that the person with the curse knows the truth." The prince calmly added to them trying to end the arguement.

"I guess we could personally go to the Queen about this. She herself would be able to keep this secret and atleast she will be aware of the future threats of the kingdom." This statement made them to agree to be able to tell the Queen herself on this.

...

The three of them went straight to the Queen to talk about the lost child and the possibility of the child left in the haybarn is probably Princess Seonhwa's and the possible chance that the princess has returned to Silla.

"So Seonhwa's daughter was found at the haybarn, Crown Prince? How can you say that.." The Queen Seondeok looked at the Crown Prince with wide eyes before laughing hysterically which sounds like she laughed at his nonsense.

"The child was found covered with hay dripping with red blood,Your Highness. Found beside the area where we found the princess' daughter was Princess Seonhwa's pendant the Great Dowager Yeonmyeong gave herself to the princess during the coming of age ceremony,Your Highness." Yoochun answered politely with his fists tightly clenched on his lap.

"The Rose Petal pendant? That is one of the important heirlooms the Great Dowager Yeonmyeong possesed as it represented the people of Silla." Seondeok nearly choked on her tea but gracefully place her tea down.

"So your highness, we have decided to take the child with us. Even though we know this could endanger us.." Sooyeon politely added to the Queen who keep a smile the entire time she was speaking before getting cut off in her sentence

"It will not endanger you. The prophecies are just myths and legends which are not true. The only true prophecy is about the Crown Princess who we are still finding.. Take the child with you and raise it as your own. Don't worry, I shall give support on raising the child." The Queen held the child's forehead with a smile gently before grabbing a pocket of coins.

"Is it fine if we give the child instead to the royal merchants, Your Highess?" Jaejoong nervously asked in fear that the three of them cannot take care of the child. "If you are willing to give away the good luck the child can give, then you shall do." Deokman sadly frowned at them and finally excused them out of the throne room.

"Hey, why did you ask Your Highness that?! It made us look like we can't even take care of a child." Sooyeon whispered in anger while she ranted at Jaejoong with a glare. "We might not be able to take care of it and have to abandon it later on." He added as he scratched his head absentmindedly.

"Abandon?! Oh my gosh.." Sooyeon rolled her eyes sarcastically and facepalmed. The prince carefully took the child and looked at it carefully. "Why should we give up this wonderful child?" Yoochun innocently claimed which caused the two of them to look at him in confusion.

"I mean Sooyeon is right. Why should we abandon it? I mean we would be able to take care of it. But it can delay our services as Hwarangs though.It's not a choice it's a child." He added in confusion and is stuck between giving it up for adoption or keeping it.

" I guess we can give it to merchants Lord Yunho and Lady Bokyung. They have a 4 year old son and I guess they would also want a daughter. Come on guys, let's go." The three of them stood up immediately and went straight to the market.

"Lord Yunho!" Jaejoong tapped on Yunho's shoulder who was busy fixing the sacks to his assistant merchants. "Ah you Jaejoong-ah, Lord Jaejoong. It's been quite a while since I've seen you." Lord Yunho turned around and to his surprise he saw his good old friend once again.

"How is you and your family, Lord Yunho?" Lord Jaejoong chuckled politely at his friend. "We've been doing great. Our son Sehun is 3 years old now and he is doing well. Now how about you, Young Lord The Great Hwarang of the Kim Clan Kim Jaejoong?" Yunho jokingly as he place a hand on his shoulder mentioning his full title.

"I've been working with the Crown Prince and my friend Sooyeon-ah. Also, we have a favor for you." Jaejoong flashed a short smile before coughing for a second when he started being serious.

"Sure,what is it?" Yunho got serious as well as he picked up his 3 year old son. "We would want you to adopt this child. We found the child at the haybarn at the palace." Jaejoong cleared his throat as Sooyeon came forward with a basket that showed a child.

"Are you sure you wouldn't want it? It's a girl.. Hmm... I guess I could take it." Yunho gasped in surprise and kneeled down to look carefully into the basket so see a baby girl which saddened him as he remembered when a year before his wife Bokyung gave birth to a daughter who died as soon as it was born and immediately decided to take it.

"Thank you very much, Lord Yunho. That girl is Princess Seonhwa's daughter with the King of Baekje. Take care of her as she is of Baekje blood and it might cause trouble to you and the entire kingdom of Silla." Crown Prince Yoochun immediately came with a bright smile thanking the lord for taking the child.

"No problem, Your Highness." Yunho looked up with a shocked face but calmed down as he smiled warmly and bowed down holding the infant in his arms carefully covering the child's head.

The 3 of the Hwarang skipped away back to the palace with smiles plasted on their faces that screamed out " Goal Accomplished!" and then playfully chased each other throwing random objects on the way back.

.

.

.

Sorry guys for the LONG LONG delay because my parents like let me stay up late with their nonsense not letting me update. So here it is and enjoy! Till we see each other again.

-Ate Melody