The Fall of a Kingdom

The Great Queen Sooyeon

...March 643...

The Andong Kim Hwarangs have now stepped foot in the Baekje land after several months of planning and collection of equipments in order to attack the falling kingdom.

"Are you sure your highness that we will be able to defeat Baekje?!" Hwarang Sooyeon asked as the soldiers of Silla started building up and coming together. "Trust me. The spirit of Silla is strong enough to keep us all together." The prince exclaimed before the entire army came to attack Baekje.

"Sooyeon, what are you doing? Come with us and help us burn the kingdom before it's too late!" The Hwarang Heechul warned Sooyeon as she was dozing out and needed her to help them burn the kingdom in order to symbolize it's fall and kill the King himself.

"Ahh. right."She muttered as she turned around and was sticking to a crowd of Hwarangs going south east in order to start burning the palace. "On the count of 5 we will start burning the roofs on this side before we run off quickly to the other side to burn it as well. 1,2,3,4...5!" Suprisingly, the usually silent Yesung was leading the mission and was doing quite well on it. By the time he stopped counting, the roof was on fire and the trees were falling down in a few minutes in time.

"Quickly let us run, run!" The other Hwarangs like Suho and Sehun came in their defense and warned them to go to the other side of the palace in order to not get captured or discovered by an Baekje soldier.

The entire palace was put on fire- before the Sillan soldiers came to attack the Baekje army who have reacted to this. At one point of the fight, the armies have started to reach a 50-50 ration against each other in number.

"Sooyeon-ah, go kill the king." The Crown Prince Yoochun ordered seriously while he was already struggling fighting against 2 other Baekje soldiers who were attacking him at once. "I cannot leave you like this,your highness!" Sooyeon exclaimed in anger as she killed another soldier easily.

"I just said go- I will go there with you then." He then changed his mind immediately as 2 more soldiers were down. Yoochun grabbed her hand not caring at all if she was a woman or not- the only important thing in his mind today was to kill the Baekje king and his people will suffer no more.

They entered the Palace room which was bordered by rings of fires dancing like the tounges of a dragon in it's mouth. There in the centre was the King of Baekje , King Ujia who was kept on his throne as he could not leave it anymore as the fires will kill him.

"It is time to meet your rath King Ujia! Baekje will fall with you." The prince muttered out in a loud tone as he brought his sword out and his words spat out venom.  "I am not leaving my throne. I once was king and I stay as a king till my death." Ujia said in a tone just as if he was possesed by a demon emotionlessly.

"You will die a king, but you will no longer be King as your kingdom will be gone as soon as you are!" Sooyeon ran straight to his throne as he struck her sword right at his heart and soon he was lifeless.

"Baekje is gone.... It is now part of Silla." She wiped away the blood marks from her face as she turned around to the prince. "The kingdom will now prosper once more.." He continued her sentence as he looked through her eyes before joining the rest of the Hwarangs who were still there.

"Jaejoong-ah, are you okay??" As soon as she and the Prince joined the surviving Hwarangs, she immediately noticed Jaejoong who was bleeding severely. "You do not need to worry about me okay." He warned her in an older brother tone.

"What do you mean not worry? How do you think I cannot worry when you are on the verge to death?!" Sooyeon scolded him as she started conducting first aid on him. "Wait..aish." Jaejoong moaned in pain as the sun was prickling his eyes.

"The sun is up." The Crown Prince looked at the sky in a dreamily yet tired manner as he sighed in relief. "It will be a better day.. for Silla." Sooyeon said in a serious yet carefree manner.

---

Screams and cries were heard echoing the the chambers of the Tang consort's chambers as a tiring delivery was going on. "We have to pray for a safe delivery and that Buddha will bless us with a son this time." Princess Cheonmyeong held tight on her niece's hand as she was squeezing it in pain during the delivery.

Princess Hyoyoung's mother Consort Jiwoo rushed inside the chambers in worries and anxiety. "That has to be a son- or we will no longer have hope." She exclaimed in slight anger and care. "How is my sister doing?" Princess Hwayoung entered calmly yet stuttered nervously afraid that she will lose her sister from childbirth. "Your sister is doing well this time. However, I cannot consider this well if she gives birth to a daughter. A noble woman like her should not bear a daughter in shame. "Consort Jiwoo sternly sat on the side of the bed where she started praying to the Buddha.

"Mother, how can you say that when all the children you had with kings were daughters or - princesses. " Hwayoung instead stood up feeling betrayed before walking out of the door in slight frustration.

Empress Liyin was nervously sitting on her seat which was next to her daughter's crib as if the consort would give birth to a son today- she would be screwed and would be close to loosing her crown as Empress and would be demoted to Consort or worse- cocumbine.

Cries of a baby was heard as silence filled the room and everyone was looking at the baby in excitement and anxiety. "It's a son." The midwife exclaimed happily as the newborn infant was cleaned and the new mother sat down in relief.

"Buddha has blessed us!" Consort Jiwoo place both of her hands up in the air as she sighed in relief. The doors flew open and the Emperor was there immediately in anxiety and confusion.

"I have heard I have a son?" He asked with a smile yet his eyes were still confused and near to dissappoinment if he would have another daughter. "It is a son." Consort Jiwoo herself carefully handed the newborn infant to his father as the Emperor was still in joy over having a son.

Jiwoo just smirked in a corner and her plans have been doing well.-

......

Hey guys! It's been so long since I've been on AFF, probably 2 or 3 months since I have been spending more time on school and have been working more on Harry Potter/Le Chevalier D'eon/ Percy Jackson/Hunger Games work these days on fanfiction.net over AFF however I decided to view AFF just for today and here is the update you guys have been waiting for!

Comment and Subscribe please!