17th Revenge: The Past

A Bacon’s Revenge [ON HOLD]

 

17th Revenge: The Past
 
 
 
 
 
Minsu’s POV
 
 
 
“Annyeong haseyo! Byun Baekhyun-imnida.” A little boy approached me. I looked over where he came from. I saw an Ajussi and Ajumma carrying some boxes. They’re going in and out from the house. I think they are this little boy’s parents. Are they our new neighbors?
 
“What’s your name?” The little boy spoke to me again that made me face him.
 
“Are you our new neighbor?” I asked instead.
 
He nodded his head as he smiled. “My name is Baekhyun. You, what’s your name?”
 
I laughed. “Your name is Bacon? What are you? A food?”
 
He shook his head. “Aniyo. My name is not Bacon. It’s Baekhyun, B-A-E-K-H-Y-U-N.”
 
I suddenly saw a cart of cotton candies coming on our way. I run towards the vendor. “Ahjussi, two cotton candies please..”
 
The vendor smiled at me and gave me two cotton candies. I handed him the payment before I went back to the little boy.
 
“Here.” I handed him one of the cotton candies I bought.
 
“Is this for me?” He asked, surprised.
 
I nodded my head and took a bite on my own cotton candy. He smiled and took the cotton candy. “Gomawoyo.”
 
He was about to have a bite when I do it myself instead. He looked at me. I ignored him and took another piece of his cotton candy.
 
“You have your own cotton candy. Why are you still eating mine?”
 
“I bought it myself so I can do whatever I want.” This time, I took a bite on my own.
 
I sat on the bench near the place. The little boy followed as he sat next to me. Being naughty, I took another piece from his cotton candy. He didn’t protest and just let me be as he took a bite on it which annoys me. Instead, he asked me again. “What’s your name?”
 
I didn’t answer him again because he’s too nice and formal. I don’t like to be friends with him. He was supposed to run away from me now because of my attitude towards him. But he did not.
 
“Minsu-ah! Jung Minsu!!” I looked up as I heard my mom called me. “Minsu, come here. I need you to help me.”
 
“Dae!” I stood up and was about to go when I heard this Bacon spoke. “Let’s play next time, Minsu.”
 
I faced him and smiled sweetly. “Sure, I will play with you next time.” With that, I turned around and walked away.
 
You’ll regret that you asked me play with you, Bacon.
 
 
***
 
 
“Hi, Minsu!” I heard a voice called my name as I was walking. I looked up and saw Bacon. He was waving his right hand.
 
“Let’s play today.” He told me.
 
I smiled and nodded my head. “Okay, I’ll play with you.”
 
He smiled. “What are we gonna play?”
 
“Let’s play hide and seek.” I looked around. I saw a tree not too far from us. I walked towards the tree and stopped in front of it. I looked back to him, “Go hide. I’ll find you after counting 1-21. You better not show up until I get you. I won’t stop searching until I caught you. I’m not going lose so better hide in a safe place.”
 
He smiled nodded. “Okay!”
 
I faced the tree, placed both of my hands on the body, closed my eyes, and leaned towards my hands. I started to chant.
 
“When we play hide and seek,
If you’re ‘It’, you cannot peek.
Try to find us,
we won’t quit,
Start to count,
because you’re ‘It!’
One-two-three, better hide from me.
Four-five-six, don’t play any tricks.
Seven-eight-nine, it’s you I’ll find.
Ten-eleven-twelve, I’m going to yell.
Thirteen—fourteen— Fifteen—sixteen— Seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, Twenty-one
And now I’m done.
Ready or not, here I come!”
 
I straightened myself and looked around. No one’s around. He seriously hide huh?
 
I smirked. As if I’m going to find him. Such a waste of time.
 
I walked back to our house and watched TV instead.
 
Later that day, someone knocked on our door. “Minsu, open the door. I’m still preparing for our dinner.” My mom said.
 
“Dae!” And I approached the door. An familiar Ahjussi and Ahjumma appeared in front of our door step.
 
“Who’s in there, Minsu?” I looked back and saw my mom peeked. As she saw Ahjussi and Ahjumma, she walked towards us.
 
“Good evening. We are the new neighbors.”
 
“Oh yeah, Mr. and Mrs. Byun. What brings you here?” My mom asked.
 
The ahjussi looked at me. “We just wanna ask your daughter.”
 
I remained silent as my heart suddenly pounded inside my chest because of fear. I’m nervous and scared.
 
My mom looked at me. “Did you do something, Minsu?”
 
I quickly shook my head.
 
“She didn’t do anything. We’re just here to ask if he saw our son, Baekhyun.” The Ahjumma faced me, “Did you see our son? He’s been out this afternoon. He didn’t come back yet.”
 
I shook my head once again. I know, I lied. But I’m scared right now.
 
Ahjussi and Ahjumma looked at each other before they faced my mom again. “Sorry for disturbing you and your daughter. Our son must be lost because we’re just new in this neighborhood.”
 
“No, it’s okay. I understand. Do you need help on finding your son?” My mom asked.
 
Ahjumma nodded. “Yes, we really need help.”
 
My mom faced me. “Stay here. Wait for your dad to come back from work. I’ll go out to help them. Arasseo?”
 
I only nodded my head. With that, they left. I didn’t stay inside the house. I stayed outside, in front of our house.
 
Just when my dad came back from work, my mom with others came back on the same time. Bacon is now with them. He was looking at me. I looked away.
 
My mom approached me. “Baekhyun said that you were playing hide and seek with him that’s why he’s hiding a little bit far from here.”
 
I quickly shook my head. “That’s not true. I’ve been in our house watching TV. You were with me, omma.”
 
My mom nodded and looked back at them. “She’s right. She was staying in our house, watching TV.”
 
Ahjussi and Ahjumma turned to Baekhyun. “Are you sure she’s the one you’re playing with?”
 
Bacon looked stared at me for a moment until I saw him shook his head. “Molla.”
 
Ahjumma looked at me. “Mianhe. I think he just mistaken you for someone.” I didn’t speak. I don’t know what to say.
 
“Sorry for the trouble and thanks for helping us to find our son. We’ll go inside now.” Ahjumma said to mom.
 
My mom nodded. With that, my dad carried me with his arms and we headed back inside the house.
 
Without me, saying the truth.
 
 
 
“Finally, you’re awake!” I looked at my side. I saw Kai sitting next to... my bed? I just woke up but where am I?
 
 
 
I looked around. I was in a all white room. The bed sheet, pillow, everything are white too. I sat up and suddenly felt pain coming from my head.
 
 
 
And then I realized, I was in the Hospital. I have bandage on my left hand and another bandage on the left side of my forehead. It was smaller than the bandage on my hand though.
 
 
 
“Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?” Kai asked me. I just noticed him now.
 
 
 
“What happened to me?” I asked.
 
 
 
“You almost hit by a car. Good thing you’ve only got scratch on your hand.” He told me.
 
 
 
I looked at him. “Thank you..” He just looked at me, more like he was confused. “Thank you for saving me..”
 
 
 
He shook his head. “I didn’t save you. I mean, I’m not the one who save you.”
 
 
 
“Then who?”
 
 
 
I could feel that he was in hesitation but then, he answered my question. “Baekhyun saved you.”
 
 
 
I don’t know how to react. I just got my memory back. Yes, I remembered all the memories I’ve lost after the accident when I was 9 years old. I remembered everything, all I’ve done wrong to Baekhyun.
 
 
 
“Where’s Baekhyun?”
 
 
 
I looked at Kai. Again, he was in hesitation whether to answer me or not. “Please, Kai. I need you tell me where he is.”
 
 
 
“He got some scratches too. He was still sleeping in the next room.”
 
 
 
“I wanted to see him.” I told him.
 
 
 
“But you still need to rest.”
 
 
 
“Kai, I remembered everything now. I remembered my past with Baekhyun. So please.. Let me see him.” I begged.
 
 
 
After he heard what I’ve said, he helped me to get off from the bed and lead me to Baekhyun’s room. He was helping to walk while holding my right arm. I can still walk but Kai insisted to help me.
 
 
 
Kai was the one who opened the door of Baekhyun’s room. “Just wait here. I wanted to be with him alone. I need to talk to him when he wakes up.”
 
 
 
He nodded and stayed outside. As I entered the room, I found Baekhyun silently sleeping on the bed. He has a little bandage on his nose and a very big bandage on his right arm to his hand. He got a big scratch than mine.
 
 
 
I slowly stepped my foot towards his bed. My eyes got heavy and I felt fire on it. And now, I’m crying. I cried as I sat on the chair next to his bed.
 
 
 
After some seconds, I felt him moved. I looked at his face and witnessed how he slowly opened his eyes. The moment he sat up, I jumped off my seat and hugged him. He was taken a back, I could feel it. But I don’t care. I just continued to hug him.
 
 
 
Then I felt him trying to push me but he was having a hard time because of his right arm. I took this chance to say to him what I’ve longing. “I’m sorry for everything. I’m very sorry for not remembering you..”
 
 
 
And that gave him a strength to finally pushed me. He glared at me. “What you up to now?”
 
 
 
“I just remembered you now. I remembered everything that happen between us.” I told him. I’m still crying.
 
 
 
He frowned. “Do you also remember how evil you are before, Minsu?”
 
 
 
“I’m really sorry for—”
 
 
 
“I don’t need your sorry. I want you suffer. I’m not yet done so you better get ready. I will make you miserable.” He got off from his bed, removed his hospital gown, and walked away.
 
 
 
“If you want me to suffer, why did you save me?” I asked that made him stopped on his tracks.
 
 
 
“Because I don’t want to end my revenge just like that. I want you to suffer for the rest of your living life.” With that, he left me... just like he did before.
 
 
 
“Yah, Bacon! Where you going? Are you going to have a vacation with your parents?” I asked him.
 
He didn’t answer me.
 
“Yah, Bacon! Bacon! Bacon! Baco—”
 
“Stop that! I already told you, it’s Baekhyun!” He snapped.
 
“Finally, you’re speaking now. So, where are you going to have a vacation? If that place is beautiful, you should stay there and not come back here anymore. It would be nice if I don’t see you anymore.” I told him with a smile.
 
“Don’t worry, we’re not going to have a vacation. We’re going to leave this place and won’t come back anymore. I’m going to move a place with my parents. We will stay in the place that far from here, far from your bully acts, far from you.” With that, he left with his parents.
 
That moment he disappeared, I cried.
 
“Oh Minsu, why my baby is crying?” I saw my dad stooped down next to me. I didn’t give him an answer. Instead, I hugged my dad tightly. I felt him patted my head and didn’t say anything. For some reason, it felt like my dad knew why I’m crying.
 
I just cried in between my dad’s embrace. At that moment, I regretted everything I’ve done to Baekhyun.