Many Months

Exotic Love 2: Earth's Survival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many months had passed since that day. Reena had completely destroyed the Tree and even went to the red planet to burn it as well. Earth was restoring itself and the humans were able to live on the surface again.

A monument was created for the Guardians. Reena couldn't bare to visit it and had practically broken off from everyone. Himchan didn't try to reach out to her. He decided that he would never be able to be a lover to her, and the hole in her heart could only be mended by one person. And he was stone.

Yongguk and the rest of the Matorians had returned to Mato and tried to convince Reena to go with them but she refused. She decided to remain on earth. She lived with JR and his gang. They hardly ever saw her though, she stayed out all day and only returned late at night.

Where she went, no one knew, except for Reena, of course. Every day she went to the waterfall, underground. She would sit in front of it until moonlight shone through the cracks and then she would go back.

She lived this way, not all alive, because twelve pieces of her being were no longer here. JR decided enough was enough. He confronted her one day in the kitchen.

"Get over yourself."

Reena blankly looked up.

"Jonghyun." Aron warned. Ariel was sitting on the couch with Mihyun. Mihyun lived them too since she had no other family and couldn't bare to be alone.

"You think you're the only one that has lost anyone? We've all lost people we love and Mihyun, she's-"

"Stop." Mihyun scolded. Ariel helped her stand and Reena looked down at Mihyun's stomach as she came around the couch. Mihyun was pregnant with Suho's child, that child was all that was left of them.

"I only lost one and he left something behind for me to remember him by." She fondly her stomach. "Reena lost twelve people at once. Her pain is greater." JR rotated his jaw but backed down nevertheless.

"At least go see them." He growled and stormed upstairs.

The other boys left and Mihyun approached Reena. She reached out to grasp her hand but Reena pulled back. It wasn't because she was resentful or anything. Reena was afraid to hurt her. She still had all the Guardian's abilities and feared to get close to anyone.

"Let's see them together." Mihyun offered and Ariel lit up. "Let's."

The two women waved Reena forward and she took a hesitant step. They encouraged her and soon they were heading towards the monument. In a circle there were twelve platforms, on each was the stone body of the Guardians. Ariel helped Mihyun to Suho before going to Kai.

Reena stood in the middle for a moment, reading all the names. Jongin. Sehun. Joonmyun. Baekhyun. Minseok. Luhan. Yixing. Chanyeol. Kyungsoo. Zitao. Jongdae. Wufan. Reena stopped and approached that platform. She went to the side and gazed upon Kris' face.

Her hand hesitantly reached out and his cheek. Tears filled her eyes. "Forgive me." She whispered. Reena leaned in and let her lips graze his. The hard pieces of cold stone pressed against hers and she tightly shut her eyes.

How she wished she could feel him again. That he would hold her again.

A hand wove into her hair and she thought she had gone crazy. Lips melded with hers. She thought perhaps that she dreamed everything and was asleep in front of the waterfall right now. The other hand came around and cupped her cheek. Reena gasped when she felt a tongue slide against her bottom lip and she pulled back.

Laying perfectly fine with a playful smirk on his face was Wu Yi Fan. He was no longer stone and his lips to prove it. "Miss me that much?" He chuckled.

Tears formed into Reena's eyes again and she smacked his chest. She wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter