Confrentation

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend

“Can I use studio B, Mr. Park?” I asked.

“Of course, _________. You’re always welcome. It gets quite lonely being in the studios but seeing your bright face here every free period makes me happy. Go right ahead,” Mr. Park replied. He handed me a key and I led the three boys up to the second studio.

We walked in and the boys stood in awe.

“Wow! It’s just like the studios we use,” Kwangmin said.

“Yeah, TTA has some of the best studios. Even though they’re usually only for student use,” I said. “You guys hang out here, I’m going to go into the booth.”

“Okay,” Minwoo replied.

The three took a seat on the couch and I made my way into the booth. I made sure that the sound was off so they couldn’t hear me outside of the booth. I took one of the acoustic guitars off of the wall and tuned it.

“Perfect,” I said in a hush voice.

I played a couple of chords and hummed until I felt like my voice was warmed up enough. I silently whispered the lyrics to “Only Hope” by Mandy Moore. I didn’t even understand why I whispered, not like they could hear me.

“There’s a song… that’s inside of my soul ~

It’s the one that I try… to write over and over again ~

I’m awake in the infinite cold… yet you sing to me over and over and over again ~

So I lay my head back down… and I lift my arms and I pray ~

To be only yours I pray ~

To be only yours, I know now, you’re my own… lee… hope ~” I annunciated the last few words.

The door behind me shut close and clicked. Someone locked me in the booth. I quickly turned around. Mi Yun stood there, glaring at me. I looked to the boys who shrugged and shook their heads. Minwoo rushed over to the door and pounded on it, trying to open it. The twins went to work on the control panel, trying to figure out how it works. I stood up and tried to go to the door. Mi Yun stuck her arm out and stopped me.

“Oh, no you don’t,” she said. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said, trying to push her away.

She put her hand on my chest and pushed me back onto the stool I sat on. I lost my balance and fell backwards onto the soft carpet.

“Ow,” I groaned.

“You’re trying to seduce these three and take them away from me!” She shouted.

“What?” I asked, standing up.

“Shut up! You just had to volunteer and take my place as their ,” she complained.

 “I didn’t volunteer. Auntie chose me,” I said.

“Yeah! Well, you probably bribed her or something because you’re her niece!” Mi Yun shouted.

“Just leave me alone, it’s not like I’m a fan,” I said.

“Ya! Watch what you’re saying. Why wouldn’t you be a fan? You think you’re so special and good that you can’t like a band like them?” Mi Yun shouted.

I heard a click and a buzz and wondered what it was, but then I shook it out of my head, focusing on Mi Yun.

“I didn’t say that. Look, I’m just showing them around,” I said.

Before I could say anymore, Mi Yun grabbed my by the collar and threw me against the wall. She pushed me down and pulled my hair.

“I was suppose to be the ! They were suppose to fall in love with me!” Mi Yun shouted.

She pulled me up and pushed me around, knocking down microphones, instruments, and stools.

“Stop! You’re hurting the booth!” I shouted.

I stood my ground, my fists ready. She came up to me and got in my face. I slapped her hard across the face as Mr. Park entered the booth, using his spare key.

“Go __________, what do you think you’re doing?” he asked, frowning.

Mi Yun looked at Mr. Park then smirked at me. She pretended to faint and fall to the ground. She sniffled and started to cry.

“Oh! It was awful Mr. Park! Go _______ called me down here saying she wanted to record a song together. Then she locked me in here and threatened the boys not to say anything about it or she’d hurt them, too. She pushed me around and broke all the instruments!” Mi Yun whined.

I stood there, not able to believe what I was hearing. Minwoo and the twins rushed in.

“Ya! Don’t lie! We were here the whole time and we saw everything,” Kwangmin shouted.

“Yes! You did! Thank you! See Mr. Park? Even they admit they saw her beat me up,” Mi Yun said.

“That’s not true!” I shouted.

“No! Mr. Park! She’s lying to you! Go ________ is innocent! She was just singing in the booth when this girl came in and locked the booth, beating up __________,” Minwoo jumped in.

Mi Yun frowned and then said, “They… they were probably in it, too! Mr. Park! They’re bullying me!”

“ENOUGH!” Mr. Park shouted. “After school. Detention for Jo Kwangmin and Youngmin, No Minwoo, and Go __________. No buts. Now come on Mi Yun, let’s get you to the nurse.”

The four of us stared in complete disbelief as Mr. Park helped Mi Yun out. Mi Yun turned around and glared at me then smirked and walked out. My head began to spin and I fell to my knees.