Proms & Auditions

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend

The time had finally come. Spring break had passed by like a soft breeze, leaving us at the doorstep of May. Back then, I wouldn't have even imagined myself being friends with Boyfriend. But now, ten months after meeting Boyfriend in the flesh for the first time, I believe that dreams can come true. Now that it's May... there's only one thing on everyone's mind.

"Prom!" Some of my classmates shouted.

"What are you going to wear?" A girl asked loudly.

"Oh, em, gee," another girl squealed.

I listened to the chatter of the girls as I scribbled in my notebook. Kwangmin leaned over and checked what I was doing.

"Wow, that's really deep," he joked.

I looked at my nonsense scribbling and laughed. "Shut up." I said, pushing him gently.

I looked around at the three boys who in turn were staring holes right through me.

"What?" I asked, leaning back.

They leaned forward with anticipation.

"So, which one of us are you taking to prom?" Minwoo asked, making a cute face.

"You have to pick one of us," the twins said in unison.

I looked at them as if they were crazy. "What makes you think I'll take one of you?" I asked arrogantly.

"Oh, come on," Youngmin said.

"We know you don't have any other guys you know who you could take. It's got to be one of us," Kwangmin shrugged.

"I'm not telling you," I smirked, putting my finger to my lips.

That was a mistake on my part. For the rest of the day, these boys stalked me down and hounded after me, waiting for my answer. During classes, I could feel the blaze of their stares, burning marks into my head. As soon as the last bell rang, I ran for it. I didn't even wait for auntie.

"I'll meet you at home!" I shouted to her as I ran past in the hall.

"Huh? Go ____, where are you going?" She shouted after me.

"I think I'll run home!" I answered, glancing back.

Before I knew it, I saw the three boys taking pursuit after me.

Just my luck, I thought.

I leaned forward and sprinted down the street. As I reached the school's front stairs, I quickly hopped on the rail and slid down to save time. I took a sharp turn and finally lost the boys. When I looked around to see where I was, luckily I had ended up at a local metro station. I walked down into the tunnel and purchased a ticket to the metro station nearest to my house. As I was about to enter the platform area, I noticed a bulletin board. I walked over to check out the ads and papers hanging off the board. One specific paper caught my eye.

Starship Entertainment Talent Search

  • Do you love to sing and dance?
  • Are you a natural born performer?
  • Do you have the urge to become an idol?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the ad for you! Come on down to Starship Entertainment headquarters where the annual Talent Search is happening. The audition starts Sunday, June 4th at 12pm.

The ad then went on to list a bunch of requirements and supplies needed. I began thinking about it.

Starship... the same company as Boyfriend... sounds nice. Maybe I'll go for it. June 4h is the week we start summer vacation. That'll be perfect! I stopped and thought about the guys. Well, then again... I don't know. Maybe I should just take the ad home and think about it. Let's just keep this a secret from the guys for now.

You quickly took the ad down and headed onto the train. As you walked into your house, you looked at the ad, smiling excitedly.

"Hello, Go ____ah," Hyun Seong greeted.

I looked up in surprised. Noticing that the paper was showing towards them, I flipped it over and hid it behind my back. The six boys were sitting in my living room along with my auntie drinking tea.

"Wh-what're you guys doing here?" I asked.

"We're here to ask you to prom!" Jeongmin announced, jumping up.

I sighed loudly. "I told you guys. I'm not telling you who."

I took off your shoes and began walking to my room. Donghyun noticed the paper in my hand and immidiately realized what it was. Being the good person he was, he decided not to say anything, as to not bother me. I walked to my room and put my backpack and the ad away. Quickly I changed and went outside. The boys were still eagerly waiting to hear my reply. All the boys, except Donghyun who was chatting away with my aunt, leaned in towards me. I looked at them as if they were crazy and plopped down next to Donghyun.

"Who are you taking?" Youngmin asked.

"Come on, tell us!" Kwangmin shouted.

"You have to," Minwoo urged.

"Are you going with me?" Jeongmin said, putting a confident smirk on his face.

"In your dreams," Hyun Seong snapped.

"Yah!' Jeongmin shouted.

"You guys are really noisy," you said calmly, but inside you were panicking.

"Come on, please!" The boys begged in unison.

"I'm... I'm," you began, thinking hard.

The boys leaned in closer and closer. Quickly, you grabbed Donghyun's arm.

"I'm taking Donghyun!" You shouted.

Donghyun's eyes widned and he spat out the tea he was sipping.

"What?" He gasped, coughing.

"That's right, I'm taking Donghyun," I nodded.

Donghyun wiped his mouth with a napkin and stared at me. I looked at him an nodded, gesturing for him to go along with it.

"Uh, yeah," Donghyun said, smiling nervously.

All the boys shot him a dirty look and he looked away.

I'm not going to hear the end of this... Donghyun thought.