New Students

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend

“Are you okay?” he asked.

I kept quiet.

“Hello?” he hummed.

I said nothing. I furrowed my eyebrows though.

This voice… it’s so familiar. I thought to myself.

Before I knew it, he put his hands under my arms and helped me up. I looked at him. His head was a long and petite blur with a giant brown blob that looked like it was eating his head. In place of his actual face were two black dots, a long line for a nose, and a strip of pink for his lips. He was wearing our school colors, a light blue dress shirt, with what looked like a white sweater draped over his shoulders and tied in the front.

“Are you okay?” He asked again. “What happened to your shoes?”

“I’m fine,” I said sternly, pushing hands off my elbows. “Nothing happened, I just dropped my coffee.”

“Do you need towels? I could go get some,” he said.

“I’m fine. Really. Just leave me alone. I want to be alone,” I said, almost tearing up.

“Okay…” He said dejectedly.

I watched as he slowly walked away and disappeared around the corner. Slowly I searched for my glasses and finally found them. The lenses were a little cracked and when I looked through them, everything looked weird and off. The morning bell rang and kids poured into the hallways.

My luck. Is crap. I thought.

I rushed to my locker, kids pushing here and there. I finally got to my locker and pulled out my emergency contacts that I kept in my locker. I quickly stuck them in my eyes and grabbed my things for math class.

---Fast Forward to Math Class---

I sat in the back corner, looking out the window. Mi Yun walked over and plopped down next to me.

“Glad to see you’re in my math class again, ________, be sure to take all my notes for me and do an extra set of homework when it’s assigned. Thanks,” she said.

I sighed quietly.

I heard the heels of my aunt’s shoes as she clacked into the room. Followed by a series of other scuffing shoes.

“Good morning class!” My aunt greeted.

“Good morning, Ms. Go!” the class said.

“Good morning, Ms. Go,” I muttered.

“What was that ________?” She said loudly, taunting me.

I smiled a little bit, “Good morning, auntie.”

“That’s my girl,” she replied. “Alright, before we start class, I would like to introduce three new class members. Three class members that I am especially excited about! Please put your hands together for Jo Kwangmin, Jo Youngmin, and No Minwoo!”

Everyone applauded. My ears perked up at the sound of their names. I jerked my head around and looked to the front to see three of my idols standing before me. My jaw dropped.