Slipping up.... Literally

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend

It was the first day of my idol training. It’s June 6th, two days since I was reunited with my dad and received my contract. It took a while to fill out the papers and get my first headshot taken for my files in the company. I was assigned to practice alongside Boyfriend to get the hang of everything and learn basic skills. I had come an hour early to stretch and warm up before the boys came.

“Mm,” I groaned as I stretched my leg out.

I looked around the room in search of a clock.

“What time is it?” I yawned.

“About eight forty-five,” a voice echoed throughout the room.

Startled, I turned towards the door to see Kwangmin poking his head in.

“Oh, morning,” I greeted, folding my legs under me.

“Hey,” Kwangmin replied, walking in with a plastic bag in his hand. “I hope you don’t mind me interrupting your warm ups and stretching.”

“Oh, no. It’s fine. I’m actually glad to see you. I was getting a bit lonely,” I giggled.

“Oh, really?” Kwangmin laughed, raising an eyebrow.

He walked over and handed me a can of orange juice.

“Thanks!” I perked as he sat down next to me.

As I opened my can of orange juice, Kwangmin pulled out a glass bottle of strawberry milk. Popping the cap off, he inserted a straw and began sipping, catching my attention. I stared at him open mouthed.

“Is that strawberry milk?” I asked.

“Yeah. It looked nice so I bought some,” Kwangmin mumbled with the straw in his mouth.

“Can I have a sip?” I asked, putting my can down.

“Sure, let me get another straw,” Kwangmin said, turning around and reaching into the bag.

As he did so, I leaned in and started sipping on his straw.

“Here we go,” he said, turning around.

As I looked up, his face was merely an inch away from mine.

“Uh, um,” Kwangmin gasped, kneeling up and moving the bottle towards me.

“Mm!” I grumbled.

As he pushed the bottle into my face, I accidentally kicked him over. He landed on top of me, spilling the bottle of strawberry milk everywhere beside us. I looked up at him with the straw in my mouth as he looked down at me, gulping. I spat the straw out of my mouth.

“I’m sorry!” He apologized, slamming his hand down into the puddle of milk.

His hand slipped in the liquid, sending him falling down towards me.

“Ah!” I panicked.

Kwangmin’s lips smashed against mine, sending a painful sting up to my brain. Just then, the other boys arrived on the scene.

“We’re here!” Donghyun announced, walking into the room.

He turned his head towards us, his jaw dropping.

“Oh, come on, guys. Spilling milk all over the dance floor. Really?” Donghyun groaned.

Hyun Seong walked in and took one glance at us, then walked back out.

“Oh, my god,” we heard him shout outside.

“Yah! Kwangmin, get off of Go ______,” Jeongmin scolded, pushing Kwangmin off of me.

Kwangmin rolled over onto the dry area beside me. I laid on the ground in a daze. I rolled my bottom lip in and tasted the metallic flavor of blood. I stared at the ceiling, not knowing what else to do.

“Go ____, are you okay?” Minwoo asked sweetly, kneeling down above me.

“Of course she’s not. She’s traumatized by her experience with my dongsaeng,” Youngmin stated, holding in his laughter. “He’s such a bad kisser, he cut her lip.”

My face began to heat up. I got up and ran to the bathroom.

“Go _____!” Kwangmin called after me.

“You see what you did?” Jeongmin hissed, kicking Kwangmin lightly in the side.

“Ow!” Kwangmin groaned.

I washed my face with cold water and stared at my lips in the mirror. There was a thing red slit on my bottom lip that was oozing with blood. I grabbed a sheet of paper towel and dabbed the blood away. I touched my lips, still throbbing and hot from the contact. I was so frantic; I hadn’t realized how red I was and how hard my heart was beating. Sighing, I shook my head and grabbed a sheet of paper towel. I folded the paper up and drowned it in cold water then wrung it out. As I opened the bathroom door, Kwangmin stood outside, getting ready to knock. He looked up in surprise at me.

“Oh, hey, um,” Kwangmin stammered, scratching his head. “Look, I’m sorry.”

I smiled softly at him. “Don’t be sorry. It was just a little slip up. It was’t your fault.”

I took the wet paper towel and began dabbing at the cut on his lip. He winced at the pain but let me dab at it. He looked at my slowly fading smile and frowned.

“Oh, it was really bad wasn’t it? I’m sorry! I’m really sorry! If it makes up for it any, it was my first, too,” Kwangmin stammered.

“No! No, it’s not like that. It’s not that it was bad…” I said. I lowered my voice. “It was that it was… good. Electrifying.”

“What?” Kwangmin asked, his eyes curiously searching me.

“Nothing!” I answered quickly. Looking for a distraction, I realized the item dangling around my wrist. “Oh! Your necklace, from months ago, I completely forgot about it.”

I quickly took off the broken necklace turned into recycled bracelet and gave it to him. He looked down at it and smiled. He took it, then grabbed my hand and slipped the bracelet back on. He then took off my Ying necklace. Winking at me, he planted a kiss on the pendant and walked away without saying another word.

“What just happened?” I asked myself.

Outside in the hallway, Kwangmin breathed out a stream of nervous breath. He slipped the necklace on and chuckled to himself.

Super smooth if I say so Jo Kwangmin… super smooth… Kwangmin thought to himself. He nodded then walked back to the dance room.


I just had to do this scene. I was getting antsy waiting for it. ~(-_ -)~ Kwangmin, like a boss.