Acceptance

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend

"You're Go Jin Ho?" Kwangmin asked, interupting me.

"Dad?" I stuttered. "Is it really you?"

My dad got up and walked towards me with his arms outstretched. "Go ____, it's been a while."

I immidiately felt my tears begin to stream down my face. I covered my mouth with a hand to muffle my crying sounds as I walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around me, and we shared a heart warming father and daughter hug. 

"Dad, it's been years," I sobbed. "I've missed you so much."

My dad petted my head and patted my back. "There, there. I know I haven't been there for you... but here I am now."

As we pulled away from the embrace, my dad turned to Kwangmin and tilted his head in curiousity. 

"You must be Jo Kwangmin. The young boy who helped me to find my little princess?" Go Jin Ho asked.

"Uh, um, yes, sir. It's very nice to meet you," Kwangmin quickly stood up, holding his hand out nervously.

My dad walked over and shook it firmly. I wiped my face off and looked at Kwangmin. I couldn't believe my ears. 

Kwangmin was the one who found my dad? Why would he go through all this trouble? I thought.

"Thanks to you, young man, I'm reunited with my daughter once again. Now, before we do anything else, I just want to clear things up with my daughter," Go Jin Ho said, turning to me. "Sweetie, let me explain why I left your mother. It's just... I found that I had a dream to chase. That dream was to make other's dreams come true. That's why I teamed up with Kim Shi Dae to open Starship Entertainment. Your mother had a difference of opinion, though. As much as I love your mother... I loved my dream as well. If the person I loved wouldn't support my dream, then surely, we weren't meant to be. But I will always love her because she gave me the best gift I could ever ask for."

I twisted shyly in place. "Was it me?"

"No, it was the choice to either stay in America or leave for Korea," Go Jin Ho chuckled when I made an insulted face. "I'm kidding. She gave me you. You are my flesh and blood, and I love you. You're my little girl."

"Oh, daddy," I cooed, hugging him.

As Kwangmin stood awkwardly in the back, rubbing his neck, he felt a wave of relief wash over him. Then he realized something.

"So, you were the person who sent the men in black after Go ____?" Kwangmin asked.

My dad turned to him and made a surprised look. "Why, yes."

Kwangmin's jaw dropped. "Sir, you could've told me. You have no idea what kind of panic and hysteria the seven of us have been in since they first came after her."

"My apologies, Kwangmin," Go Jin Ho smiled, walking over to Kwangmin. "May I ask, of all people, how did you find me and why? Go ____ hasn't even tried to contact me yet you somehow got us two together again."

"Uh," Kwangmin hummed, looking back and forth between me and my dad.

My dad let out a hearty old man laugh and slapped Kwangmin on the back, sending him tripping towards me. I held my arms out and caught him, our eyes meeting. Kwangmin gasped as we looked each other in the eyes. Kwangmin started to turn fifty shades of red as he backed away.

"Well, seeing that my daughter is in such good hands, I am not worried. I entrust her in your hands once she begins training, too," Go Jin Ho said, holding his hands behind his back and staring out the window.

"Yes, sir!" Kwangmin said, smiling contently. "Wait, training?"

With his back facing us, my dad smiled and said, "Go ______, welcome to the Starship family. I trust that you will work hard until the day of your debut."

My dad pulled an envelope out of the inside of his jacket and held it up. My jaw dropped in awe as I walked towards it and took it from his hand. On the front was the Starship logo along with my name. As I opened it, my hand shook. Inside were papers and applications for Starship. As I flipped through the papers, my hand touched it... it finally did... a Starship contract. Turning slowly to my dad's desk, I took a pen out and sign the contract. My dad smiled and took the contract from me as I handed it to him. 

"Now you go have fun you crazy kids," Go Jin Ho laughed.

I shrieked with joy and ran out ahead of Kwangmin. As Kwangmin shook his head, grinning, he followed me close behind. As he walked out the office door, my dad stopped him.

"Oh, and Jo Kwangmin," Go Jin Ho said, going into his dad mode. "You still haven't answered my question. Why would you, a rising pop idol, get the urge to find my daughter's long, lost father?"

Kwangmin looked at his shoes and slightly smiled. Biting his lip, he replied, "Because Go ____ is special. Seeing her smile makes me smile. She's the light of my world, and I don't know what'd I do without her. Finding her long, lost father was just a small ordeal for someone as great as her. She's given me so much. She's given me something to look forward to everyday. She gave me a reason to continue wanting to shine so I could get her attention. She gave me a reason to try harder, live longer, and be who I am."

"So what are you trying to say?" Go Jin Ho interuppted.

Kwangmin looked up at him with sparkling eyes and announced in a proud voice, "Mr. Go... I love Go ___. There's nothing I wouldn't do for her."

"Do you truly love her? Would you be willing to do anything for her? Would you be willing to die for her?" Go Jin Ho asked, keeping a poker face and raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I love her more than anything. I would travel to the end of the universe and back for her. And no, I wouldn't take a bullet for her," Kwangmin answered.

"Oh?" Go Jin Ho's eyes widened. He was taken back by Kwangmin's answer.

"I would rather live for her so she would never be alone again," Kwangmin continued, giving a confident nod.

Go Jin Ho's expression softened as he nodded to himself. "You seem like a fine, young man, Kwangmin. It's not my say on Go ___'s part... but, if you ever find the urge to become her boyfriend, then I, Go Jin Ho, give you my blessing as her father."

Kwangmin's smile grew bigger and bigger, spreading from ear to ear. He bowed to Go Jin Ho quickly. "Thank you! Thank you, sir!"

"All right, all right. Now you get out of here, you rascal. And remember," Go Jin Ho pointed a finger at Kwangmin. "You take care of my daughter, and the next time we meet, I better be calling you son."

As Kwangmin ran off, Go Jin Ho laughed to himself in his office. Kwangmin ran up to me. Bent over, he panted heavily then looked up at me and smiled. I looked at him and smiled, too.

"What's got you so smiley?" I asked.

Kwangmin bit his lip. "It's a secret. You'll find out soon enough."

"Okay then," I laughed. "Let's go to the dorm! I want to tell the other guys!"

"All right," Kwangmin said. 

As I began walking away, leading Kwangmin along, Kwangmin sneaked up and slipped his hand into mine, looking the other way.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"The sidewalk is kind of crowded. I don't want to lose you," Kwangmin replied, not making eye contact.

"Should I call a cab then?" I asked, scoping the streets.

Kwangmin looked at me with raised eyebrows and stuck out his lips, thinking. Kwangmin shook his head and scrunched his nose up, making a funny face. 

"Nah, I think we should walk. The dorm's close by. Besides, you'll need to lose some weight before your debut," Kwangmin teased.

"Yah!" I shouted, slapping him on the arm.

"Ah, I'm sorry!" He apologized, laughing.

"What are we going to do if a best friend spots us?" I asked, swinging our held hands back and forth.

"I've got us covered," Kwangmin chuckled.

He took a pair of sunglasses out of his hoodie pocket and handed them to me. I slipped them on as he slid on a pair of his own. He then pulled his hoodie over his head, and we continued walking along.

"Where'd you get two sunglasses?" I asked.

"One is mine from a photoshoot. I stole Youngmin's pair this morning," Kwangmin laughed. "He won't need it. Besides, he still has my pikachu backpack. He owes me."

As we continued to joke and walk along the busy Seoul sidewalk, I couldn't help but feel that his gesture was right. It just felt like our hands fit each other perfectly. I looked at our hands then at him. I don't know what it was, but there was something about him that changed since the first time we met. I'm not sure about it, but how about we not think about it for now and let the bud bloom, neh?