Dealing With Procrastination

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend

 

“So if you divide both sides by two, you should get x, which is,” I said, writing on Minwoo’s notebook.

Minwoo propped his elbows on the table and laid his head on top, staring at me. I could feel his stare burning into my scalp. I frowned at the feeling and sighed, looking to him.

“Are you listening?” I asked.

“Yeah, hm,” he whispered dreamily.

“Minwoo, I can’t help you with studying if you keep daydreaming like that,” I complained, closing the Geometry book.

“I’m sorry,” Minwoo apologized, pouting.

“Aigoo,” I sighed.

Suddenly Jeongmin popped his head in through the crack of Minwoo’s dorm room. He was sitting on the floor and gripped the doorway with one hand.

“Hey! Let’s switch then, ______. Minwoo can take my place and you can tutor me!” He suggested happily. “Win – win situation!”

“I don’t think so,” Hyun Seong said, dragging Jeongmin away by the collar.

“Hyung!” Jeongmin whined as he slid away.

As the two of us sighed, I decided what would have been best for Minwoo; a little break from studying to get rid of his playful energy.

“How about we go on a walk around Seoul Square?” I asked.

A huge grin formed on Minwoo’s face.

“Let’s go!” He squealed, dragging me away by my wrist.

Before I knew it, the two of us were walking around Seoul Square side by side by side by side. I looked at my feet as I walked while Minwoo kicked rocks here and there. It was a long, awkward silence between us while city noises roared around us. I puffed out my cheeks and looked to the sky.

“So, why are you having such a hard time focusing, Minwoo?” I asked with a worried tone.

“I don’t know,” Minwoo shrugged.

As another silence passed between us, Minwoo broke the silence this time.

“So how are you feeling about the audition?” He asked.

“Well, I’m nervous, but thanks to all the advice and practice you’ve guys have given me, I’m sure to impress. I hope all the hard work pays off with at least high marks,” I smiled, just thinking about the audition. “If I were to pass, I’d be the happiest girl in the world.”

Minwoo chuckled. “You know, girls usually use that phrase to refer to boys. I would’ve never imagined it being used for auditions.”

I blushed at the thought of saying that to a boy. “I-I don’t think I’d be able to say that. It’s embarrassing to say that as is.”

“What do you mean?” Minwoo asked, curiously looking at me.

“It’s just… I’ve never actually dated a boy before. I don’t know what it’s like to be all romantic and what not,” I replied, gesturing with my hands.

Minwoo grinned like an idiot. “Hey, Go _____, how about going out with me then?”

I gasped at his question, stopping suddenly. A few people crashed into me, apologizing.

“Wh-what?” I asked.

“Go out with me!” Minwoo perked, using his aegyo.

“B-but why?” I asked curiously.

Minwoo shrugged a shoulder and pulled his lip to the side. “I don’t know. You’re pretty. You’re really smart. Your personality is like a sunflower. I like that about you.”

I thought about his words. They made my heart jump but the word “sunflower” seemed familiar. As I thought deeper about the subject, I touched my neck and felt the necklace on my neck. Then he popped into my head.

Kwangmin…

Just thinking about his name made my heart race. I didn’t know what this feeling was… but my mind understood what my heart wanted. I looked at Minwoo with the gentlest eyes I had. I began to break it to him gently, hoping not to shatter his innocent heart.

“I’m sorry, Minwoo… but… I can’t… it’s because… I don’t… well,” I stammered, stumbling over words.

Minwoo sighed and smiled reassuringly. “You have someone you like, don’t you?”

I slanted my eyebrows and smiled, nodding.

“Aish, I knew this would happen,” Minwoo said kiddingly. “Well… whoever he is, I hope he’ll take care of you well. If I were him, I’d never let you go.”

“And, to you, Minwoo, I know there’s a girl out there for you somewhere. I’m just not that girl. I’m sorry,” I apologized.

“Well, there’s one way you could make up for breaking my little heart,” Minwoo smiled meticulously.

“What’s that?” I asked.


Short Chapter so I'll double update for you guys. We're nearing the end QAQ