*SPECIAL HALLOWEEN CHAPTER* Slenderman

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend

As Halloween pulled around, Boyfriend, SISTAR, and K.Will were all invited by Kim Shi Dae to have a break. Boyfriend invited me to go with the to wherever it was that Kim Shi Dae set up for them. On a bright and sunny Halloween morning, the lot of us hauled our suitcases to the company vans and tossed them in. As we got into the vans, Boyfriend and I in one, SISTAR and K.Will in the other, we chattered excitedly about where we were going.

"I bet we're going to the beach," Jeongmin said. "Sun, sand, ocean... Go ____ in a bikini."

Donghyun flicked Jeongmin's ear angrily. Jeongmin yelped and covered his ear with his hand, moving away. 

"I think we're going to the hot springs. It'll be so relaxing," Hyun Seong sighed. "I want that so bad."

"What if they just, like, dropped us off in the middle of the forest," Minwoo guessed being the sensual boy he was.

"They wouldn't do that," Donghyun said, shooing away his paranoia.

As the ride dragged on, everyone nodded off to sleep. I watched as the trees went by... then more trees... then thicker trees... before I knew it I was asleep. In the midst of my dreaming, my phone blared loudly in my pocket. I awoke, startled, knocking Kwangmin my off shoulder and into the neighboring window.

"Yow!" He cried. "Gah, what was that for?"

I shook my head and pulled out my phone. It was Dasom in the van behind us. I answered it sleepily.

"Hello?"

"Go ___, get all the boys up and look where we are! Are think Kim Shi Dae is trying to drive us crazy. I swear to god," Dasom said irritably.

I groggily shook everyone awake and looked out the window to see that we were in the middle of the woods. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. 

"We're... we're..." I stammered. 

"In the middle of the woods?" Youngmin gasped.

"See! I told you!" Minwoo said with a sleepy voice. 

The vans pulled up to an open area with two cabins and a main restroom and kitchen cabin. Once the vans stopped, everyone got off. As they got off, the van drivers locked the doors. They climbed to the back and started tossing all of our things onto the ground. After doing so, they drove off, leaving us all wide eyed.

"What just happened?" K.Will asked.

"I think we just got dumped in the middle of the woods," Soyou replied.

"Ugh, Kim Shi Dae!" Bora groaned.

"Oh, no," Jeongmin gasped. "No. No. No."

He quickly ran over to the pile of belongings and pulled his suitcase out. He quickly pulled a box of cookies out and sighed, hugging it. 

"Thank god, they didn't get squished," he sighed, rubbing the box against his face.

Hyorin angrily typed onto her Samsung Galaxy S III and put it to her ear. "Hello, Kim Shi Dae?"

"Yes?" A voice answered.

"Yah! Director-nim! What's going on here?" She asked in a respectful yet angry tone. 

"Oh, ho, ho. Just a little director present. Have fun in the woods kiddos. Relax and have fun. Roast some marshmellows or something. I had staff pack everything you would need for a wonderful Halloween stay. We'll pick you up in two days," Kim Shi Dae laughed then hung up.

"Yah! Kim Shi Dae! Shi Dae!" Hyorin screeched into her phone.

Dasom walked over and put her hand on Hyorin's shoulder. She tried to calm Hyorin down. As we looked around at each other, Jeongmin began to panic again.

"Oh, no. No. No. No. I didn't bring enough cookies!" Jeongmin shouted. "Not good!"

"Jeongmin-ah, calm down," Donghyun said sternly. He sighed and placed his hands on his hips. "There's nothing we can do now. Minus well enjoy ourselves. I say we split the cabins male, female."

"Great idea, hyung! We get Go ____," Youngmin said.

Youngmin grabbed my stuff as Minwoo and Kwangmin began dragging me off.

"Wait!" I shouted in surprise.

"Yah! Boys, put her back! She is not a boy. She can't join the boy cabin," Donghyun scolded.

"Aw," they whined, placing me down. 

As we stood around in awkward silence, I got a great idea.

"Hey! It's Halloween today. Why don't we have a bonfire?" I asked.

Everyone smiled. "That sounds fun," Hyun Seong commented. "Great idea!"

Everyone went to their respectful cabin and unpacked. As soon as night fell, Donghyun and K.Will got the bonfire started while I helped the twins look for marshmellow supplies. As we rummaged through the kitchen cabin's pantries, we found packages of marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey's chocolate. As the twins took off with the supplies, I noticed a piece of paper wedge between the pantries. Curious as to what it was, I grabbed it and yanked it out. It turned out to be a page of an old newspaper. The paper seemed worn and and ancient. It was crinkly and yellowed while some edges were a bit ripped. As I walked outside, I noticed that it was now pitch black and the only source of light was the bonfire. I saw that K.Will had found a guitar in the boys' cabin and was strumming away while everyone chattered. Donghyun and Hyun Seong dragged some chopped logs they found in the back over to the fire for seats. I read the paper as I walked over. Everyone turned their heads to look at me.

"What's that?" K.Will asked.

"I'm not sure. I think it's an old newspaper. I found it wedged between the kitchen pantries," I replied.

"What's it about?" Minwoo asked.

I squinted my eyes at the words in the dark. "Slenderman. Hoax or real?"

As I sat down, everyone's attention was on me. I could feel their burning stares against the hot fire. "Apparently it's about reports of Slenderman sightings around the area. Slenderman is a mythical creature associated with the woods. He's a tall and skinny figure with no face and long appendages. He's known to draw people in, driving them mad before he eats their souls. Many people have been found missing with no trace of a body or anything in sight. The only evidence are notes left behind hinting towards Slenderman."

"Oh, a little Halloween scared, huh?" Hyorin giggled.

The rest of the night was conversation on the little Slenderman story. As the fire died down, everyone headed back to their cabins. The cabins contained bunk beds and little drawers for their clothes. As the girls laid in their cabin still chattering about the trip, I felt a as if something passed by my window. Shaken up by the story, I looked out, curious as to what it was. Off in the distance, I saw what seemed to be tree with very flexible branches swaying in the night. I shook my head and got back to our conversation. Suddenly I felt a shadow pass by the window again. I looked out to see the tree again... only closer. I began to panic.

"Guys... guys," I said in a fearful tone. "That tree... is moving!"

The girls came over and looked out the window. The tree had moved closer, once again.

"AH!" I yelped. "It moved again!"

"Oh, don't be silly," Soyou said. "You're probably just imagining things."

"Uh, Soyou," Bora said. "I don't think she's lying."

The tree began swaying back and forth, harder and harder. Then it lurched forward. The girls screamed and ran out of the cabin, into the boys' cabin. 

"Wha?" The boys gasped as we bursted in.

Hyorin ran over to K.Will and hid behind his dresser. Bora rushed over to Hyun Seong's bed and hid under. Dasom grabbed Hyun Seong's pillow and covered her head while Soyou grabbed Jeongmin's blanket from the top bunk and covered herself. I quickly ran over to Kwangmin's bed and jumped in, hiding under his covers.

"What's wrong?" Kwangmin asked as I shook in the bed.

"Sl-sl-slenderman!" I shouted.

"Slenderman?" Youngmin scoffed.

"We saw him," Bora continued. "He was moving towards our cabin. Just look out the window!"

"Whatever," Donghyun scoffed, walking over to the window.

He looked out to see that we were telling the truth. There was a slender figure marching towards their cabin. Donghyun fell back on his and scooched away.

"They're telling the truth!" Donghyun shouted.

"Oh, okay, now I'm scared," Minwoo stuttered.

Reacting on whim, Youngmin and Jeongmin began stacking their things against the door. They closed the window curtains and jumped back in their beds. Suddenly, the cabin lights went out. We watched the windows in terror, anticipation building up and up. Hyun Seong quietly snuck over to the window and lifted the curtain up slowly. There was nothing. As he lifted the curtain up more, a faceless head suddenly popped out of nowhere, sending everyone into a frenzy. Everyone hugged each other or hid under the covers, screaming their heads off. The door to the cabin began pounding and booming as Slenderman tried to break in. I wrapped my arms around Kwangmin's waist and held him tight, burrowing my face in his chest. Kwangmin hugged me back and we curled up against each other, fearing for our lives. 

"This is not happening," I whimpered. "I'm scared, Kwangmin."

Kwangmin tried to remain brave as he held me. "Don't be scared. I won't let anything happen to you."

Soon the thudding noise stopped. Everyone was slightly relieved but had a restless night. Only a few hours later, the sun came up. Nervously, the boys uncovered the door, then slowly opened it. There was nothing outside. The gang crept over to the girls' cabin to find three people in white ski masks and thin, black track suits lying in the beds. Donghyun, Hyorin, and K.Will each took a person, pulling their masks off. The three gasped.

"Manager-nim?" The three said in unison.

The three people fluttered their eyes open and greeted us. After a while of explaining, we learned that the managers had come last night to check up on us. The trip was intended to be the two groups and soloist alone, but the managers were worried. They had to park their van faraway and trek up part of the mountain to get to the cabins because if they parked in the open area, the company vans would not be able to come through and pick the kids up the next day. The SISTAR manager was surprised to see that his group ran to the boys' cabin after spotting him through the window. After trying to get into the boys' cabin, the managers gave up and just spent the night in the empty girls' dorm. The faceless head we saw was probably the back of a ski mask as one of the managers rested against the window. They then apologized for scaring us and we forgave them. As we all went outside for a walk, laughing and talking, I couldn't help but notice something move off in the distance in the woods. I decided to ignore it, thinking it was just another brain trick. Little did I know... it really was...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Just a tree. What? Did you expect me to say Slenderman? That's funny, because he doesn't exist. Now go play you silly children.


Did I scare you guys :)? Apologies, this is a day late. But... happy day-late Halloween :D To be honest, while I was writing this, I was in my room alone... all quiet... and suddenly my grandpa stomps in and scares the bajeebies out of me. QAQ.