Scouting & Auditioning

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend

As the concert ended, I waited until the stage beneath us lowered into the pit. As soon as the stage stopped moving, I walked backstage to see the workers gathering around and clapping wildly. I smiled proudly and moved my mic bit aside. The boys all gave me a pat on the back and ruffled my hair.

"Great job!" Kwangmin said, walking over on crutches.

"Oh, you poor baby," I whined, putting my hands on his shoulders. 

"Oh, don't worry about me. The doctor took great care of me. He said I might have a few bruises on my stomach," Kwangmin pouted and looked at the ground. He lifted up his shirt. "Will you kiss my oo?"

I looked at him blankly. Donghyun and Hyun Seong walked by, hooking him by the arms and dragging him away.

"Yeah, too far," Donghyun said.

"I'll kill you," Hyun Seong threatened.

I giggled at the boys and watched as a middle aged man walked up, clapping his hands slowly. 

"Great job, indeed. Go ____, yes?" He asked, putting his hand out.

"Yes, hello," I greeted, taking his hand. 

"Nice to meet you. I am Boyfriend's manager. You are an amazing talent, I just want you to know that," the manager commented.

"Oh, thank you," I gasped, blushing.

"Starship is having an audition this June 4th at 12pm. I would love if you could stop by and try it out. It'd be shameful to waste your talent," the manager gave me his card and a flyer.

Donghyun suddenly came in and snatched the flyer from me. "Oh, she won't need this..." He walked over to my backpack and pulled out my crumpled old flyer. "She already has one."

All of the boys' mouths opened in surprise and excitement. "Go ___!" They shouted in unison.

They ran over and surrounded me, pushing the manager out of the picture. 

"You're auditioning for Starship?" Youngmin asked.

"Uh," I stammered.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Minwoo whined.

"This is exciting!" Hyun Seong cheered.

"Finally! If you become famous, we can totally date! Starship rules for the win," Jeongmin hugged me excitedly.

I cringed and furrowed my eyebrows. "WAIT!" I shouted, pushing them all away. "I didn't say I was going to audition yet. I'm just thinking about it."

Everyone went quiet as they stared me down. I could feel sweat droplets form on my forehead. Kwangmin whispered something to Youngmin and he helped his brother onto a table. Kwangmin towered over everyone else on the table and he cupped his hands around his mouth.

"Listen up everyone! Who here thinks Go ___ shouldn't audition?" Kwangmin asked.

No response.

"All right, who thinks she should?" Kwangmin asked again.

Everyone broke out into cheers and whoops. Soon all eyes returned to me again. I squirmed nervously in place. I looked to the ground and nibbled on the inside of my mouth.

"Well?" Kwangmin asked.

I sighed loudly and smiled at him. "Fine, I'll give it a go."

"Hurray!" Everyone shouted. 

We then all changed out of our outfits and got onto the Boyfriend van. We all chattered excitedly about what I was going to be auditioning with and what I would wear. 

"Be sure to not overdress. Airport fashion is key," Donghyun said as he drove.

"Stay away from dairy products at least twenty four hours before the actual audition. This way your throat will be clear of mucus and your voice will be clearer," Hyun Seong lectured.

"Practice makes perfect," Jeongmin added.

"Drink and eat lots of vitamin C and water. Keep yourself healthy and stay away from sickness," Minwoo said, smiling like a little kid.

"Stay calm and positive. Don't you ever say that you won't make the audition. You hear me?" Youngmin scolded.

"And most of all," Kwangmin said, laying his hand on my knee. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. "Have fun. Enjoy what you do. Always smile."

I nodded at everyone. "Thank you so much you guys. I don't know what I would do without you guys." I picked up Kwangmin's hand and planted a kiss on the back of it. As we joked on, Kwangmin sat in awe. His jaw dropped and he stared at you. He then looked at his hand and blushed, smiling like an idiot.

Progress! He shouted mentally.

As the boys dropped me off, I ran inside and told my auntie about the audition and she flipped. She was jumping up and down like a little kid, happy to hear me take on my talent. When I went to sleep, auntie pulled out her phone and called my mother, ready to tell her all about my scouting and audition.

"Hello?" My mother answered.

"Go Eun Bi, I have some terrific news for you," my auntie squealed like a teenage girl.

"Eh, Kim Ga In? Is that you? Omo, haven't heard from you in a while. I have some terrific news I would like to tell, Go ____. Could you tell her for me?" My mother asked.

"Of course!" My auntie replied.

"Tell her," my mother paused. "That I've raised enough money to come visit her in Korea! It took a while to raise the money, but I'm coming over on June 24th!" 

"Omo! That's wonderful!" My auntie gasped.

"Now what about you," my mother asked.

My auntie paused for a minute then let it out. "Go ____ had just been scouted and is auditioning for an entertainment company! Is that great or what?"

My mother paused, not responding. Back in the states, she stared off into space. She was shocked by the news and didn't know what to say. But by the look on her face, you could tell she was not happy about it. As she dropped the phone my auntie gasped.

"Go Eun Bi? Go Eun Bi?" My auntie questioned. After a while, she shrugged her shoulders and hung up.

Go ____... is auditioning for an entertainment company? This can't be happening... My mother thought. I can't let her do this... but I'll have to wait until the 24th... surely nothing big will happen by then... My mother thought.


Readers. I just dropped a drama bomb. Enjoy it <3 Also, I've started working on another story called "More Than Friends" and it features Hyun Seong, Donghyun, and another "I" character named Rina. It's a mature story, though, so my apologies to my younger viewers out there <3 I hope you will all read that one, too, once I have it up ~ And please, do not hesitate to comment <3 I love hearing from you guys.