Nurse Me

What would you have of me today?

Hyung Jun had a pretty tiring day at schedule, but when he got home, all that stopped mattering when he walked into the bedroom him and the love of his life stayed in.  He could easily see the sweat on Jung Min’s brow and his body shaking.  

Hyung Jun quickly ran over to Jung Min’s side and placed his hand on Jung Min’s forehead.  There was so much heat coming off of Jung Min’s body. Hyung Jun pouted, he hated seeing his husband like this.  He gently Jung Min’s cheek, and then got up to head to the kitchen.  

He was immediately filling a large bowl with cold water and then carefully took it back to their bedroom.  Hyung Jun placed the bowl of water down on the night stand and ran to the bathroom to bring back a towel.  When he returned with the towel he dipped it into the bowl and rung out all the excess water so it wouldn’t drip and then finally placed it on Jung Min’s forehead.  

He left it there briefly as he ran back into the bathroom and shuffled through the cabinets looking for a good fever medication. He came back with the medication.  Jung Min still looked like he was in a bad condition.  Worry was all over Hyung Jun’s face while he looked at his husband, it honestly scared him to see Jung Min this sick.  

Hyung Jun took the towel away from Jung Min’s forehead and then dipped it back in before placing it on his husband’s forehead again.  Satisfied that the towel would last long enough, he ran into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water before coming back in quickly.  

Hyung Jun placed the glass down and then removed the towel from Jung Min’s brow. Hyung Jun quietly called out to his husband, “Minnie, wake up you need to take your medicine.”  Jung Min didn’t respond. Hyung Jun called out again a little louder and put a hand on Jung Min’s arm to gently rub, “Jung Min wake up”.  Jung Min didn’t respond again, the fever really was taking its toll on him.  

A look of desperation crossed Hyung Jun’s face and he slightly yelled, “Jung Min! Wake up!”.  Jung Min still not responding, Hyung Jun looked like he was about to bust into tears and began to desperately shake Jung Min.  Jung Min finally woke up slowly and groaned, “yah, Jjunnie, what are you doing?” For Jung Min this was a pretty weak chastising for waking him up, but Hyung Jun would take it.

Hyung Jun quickly hugged Jung Min and then looked back down at him, “there isn’t any pain from the fever is there?”  Jung Min blinked at Hyung Jun and shook his head no.  Hyung Jun sighed and then relaxed a bit, but the worry went all over his face again when Jung Min coughed.  ”Minnie, I brought some medicine. Please take it.” He prepared the medicine in a small cup and held it out to his lips. “Drink” Jung Min shook his head and scrunched his nose at the smell.

Hyung Jun pouted, “Jung Min you have a really bad fever… please drink this, it will help. At least do it for me.” Hyung Jun pouted at his husband and Jung Min gave in and placed his lips against the cup.  Hyung Jun tilted the cup back a little so the liquid would flow down into Jung Min’s throat and then took it away from his lips.  Jung Min’s face definitely showed his displeasure at the flavor but Hyung Jun had prepared the water for a reason.  He held the cup out to Jung Min and Jung Min quickly drank from it.  

Jung Min could see Hyung Jun’s brow stitched with worry and he lightly brought a hand back up to it to try and get it to go away. This only made it worse, Hyung Jun brought his hand up to Jung Min’s and took it in both of his hands, “please don’t do anything right now. Just rest.” He gently Jung Min’s hand and then leaned forward to kiss Jung Min’s forehead lovingly. Jung Min smiled weakly at Hyung Jun.  Hyung Jun smiled back at him and then moved Jung Min’s hand to be back under the blanket. 

Hyung Jun tucked Jung Min in and then brought the towel back onto Jung Min’s forehead, now renewed with water from the bowl.  Jung Min gave Hyung Jun another smile, “gomawo Jjunnie.” Hyung Jun shook his head and leaned down to kiss Jung Min’s nose. “Don’t say that, just get better and that will be enough for me.” He leaned back up and caressed Jung Min’s cheek, “just sleep for now.”  In response Jung Min closed his eyes again and quickly fell back to sleep.

Hyung Jun continued the process of refreshing the water through out the night and even got a humidifier out during the night. He continuously checked Jung Min’s temperature and once it seemed to have cooled down to a normal temperature, Hyung Jun relaxed a bit.  Perhaps he relaxed a little too much, after being up all night he ended up falling asleep sitting his head resting on Jung Min.

Jung Min woke up later, feeling much better and looked down to see Hyung Jun’s sleeping form and smiled lovingly, “my worried pabo,” he Hyung Jun’s hair and let it rest on his head and then went back to sleep, this time finally having peaceful sleep.  

Hyung Jun woke up later as well and felt the hand on his head and moved to find it was Jung Min’s head on his head and looked up.  Jung Min was still asleep again, but his complexion had definitely improved.  Hyung Jun smiled and brought Jung Min’s hand to his lips and kissed the it gently and then held it lovingly while he watched his husband sleep. 

Hyung Jun eventually got up and went to bring another glass of water for Jung Min when he woke up.  Which before he could come back, he could hear Jung Min’s voice calling out for him.  Hyung Jun ran back into the bedroom as quickly as possible without spilling the water and then went to his bedside. “Are you okay, feeling better?” Jung Min nodded to both questions and smiled at Hyung Jun,”I love it when you worry for me.” 

Hyung Jun smiled and kissed his husband’s forehead, “I think you are feeling better then.” He helped Jung Min sit up and then handed him the water.  Jung Min drank from it and handed the cup back to Hyung Jun. Jung Min smiled at Hyung Jun and gave him grabby hands which made a smile break across Hyung Jun’s face.  ”Arasso arasso,” Hyung Jun crawled into the bed next to Jung Min and pulled his husband into his arms.  

“Please, don’t get sick like that again, I was really worried.” Jung Min laughed and nodded, “I don’t know I like worrying Jjunnie.” Hyung Jun made a face and then snuggled up to Jung Min, “I love you.” They both fell back to sleep, Jung Min in Hyung Jun’s arms no longer with a fever.