Back To "Me"

A Tour At Seoul

 

 

 

                “Min-ji.” I managed to call her at once. She nodded her head then shook it. What is that supposed to mean?  “Min-ji, what are you doing here, hiding behind the stairs?” I tried to start being my normal self again.

 

                “I’m supposed to surprise you and I’m waiting for Henry’s cue.” She explained while wiping the tears off her face. “Then, I heard you say… you said… you don’t… need a fan…” she sobbed.

 

                No! She misunderstood! I just don’t want another person get hurt because of me and leave me all helpless and blameful for everything else. I needed fans of course. They’re the reason why I’m doing my best here!

 

                “Min-ji, that’s not what I mean.” I assured her as I shook her shoulders. “Min-ji, listen. I’m just scared that someone might get hurt because of me again. I’m scared you’d get hurt because of me again. I promised, remember? That I won’t ever hurt you?”

 

                She softly nodded her head and wiped the newly-shed tears that are flowing down her face. I pulled her by the shoulder to help her stand up and kept that arm-length distance between us. She stared back at me when we’re both on our feet and I saw that her face is dry, although she looks like a mess. Her eyes are all puffy and dark circles are underneath it. Her nose is pinkish like it’s been rubbed too harshly for the past few days and her cheeks are blazing red despite of the darkness that surrounds us.

 

                I pat her head gently and nodded too, assuring myself that she’s alright. “Let’s not break that promise, okay?”

 

                “’Kay.” She silently replied.

 

                I pulled her by the hand off the stairs with me and into the lounge where everyone else is gathered. When she came in full view, Henry gasped and ran towards us.

 

                “Min-ji, sorry if it took too long. I was waiting for Kyu-hyun to come back before I call you. But I guess he found you. I’m so sorry.” He babbled, staring intently at the girl beside me. I rolled my eyes in return when I saw Min-ji flash him a smile as if nothing is wrong.

 

                I looked up to the other people in the room; to my hyungs. They’re staring intently at the three of us as if there’s a show on going. I glanced at Sung-min and saw him lower his gaze on my hand. Then I remembered that I’m still gripping the hand of Min-ji. I quickly let go and I watched Sung-min’s face become more curious and suspicious.

 

                “She’s Min-ji. You met her once.” I announced to break the awkward atmosphere that appeared out of nowhere.

 

                “Oh!” Hee-chul hyung boasted. “I remember! She’s the girl who doesn’t speak at all at the studio!”

 

                “She can speak.” I reasoned. “She’s just scared of you.” I added in a lower tone.

 

                “Yah! Kyu-hyun! You’re being mean to your hyung again, aren’t you? Do you want me to beat the hell out of you?” he screeched and I laughed.

 

                “How will you do that? Hyung?” I snickered and earned a surrendering groan from Hee-chul.

 

                “You learned all the bad things.” He whispered and I flashed a smile at him.

 

                I heard Min-ji and Henry laugh at the small quarrel between me and Hee-chul but the other members were silent. I glanced at them and saw them exchanging meaningful nods with each other. I saw Sung-min hyung nod the last and I faced him, waiting for him to pass me the message that we’ve been missing but when he faced me, he gave me a fake smile.

 

                “Annyeong!” I heard Hee-chul say and I turned my head to see him extending both of his arms at Min-ji, offering her a hug. Unexpectedly, Min-ji accepted it and hugged Hee-chul back!

 

                “Yah!” I screamed at the same time when Henry did. We looked at each other  but only for a fraction of a second, and then we focused on Hee-chul again. He was letting go of Min-ji when my eyes met his. He was smirking playfully. Then, he motioned Min-ji to the kitchen.

 

                “Let’s get to know each other at the kitchen. The people here are way too serious for our likings.” He murmured to her as he pushed her out of the room. I clenched my jaws and I’m getting ready to charge at him when a hand held me back. I turned and saw Sung-min hyung.

 

                “Let’s talk.” He said and he motioned me to sit at the couch. I glanced at Henry and saw him nodding at me before disappearing from the room to follow Hee-chul and Min-ji.

 

                “About what?” I asked when Henry, Hee-chul and Min-ji are out of the room.

 

                “She’s the girl who got on the picture with you.” He stated and I nodded in return.

 

                “She’s the reason why you’re out of it for the past few days.” Dong-hae seconded, still with his rough voice which is the product of the cold he caught a few days ago. I nodded to him, too.

 

                “She’s that girl who started all of this mess inside your head.” Shin-dong nodded to himself. With this, I shook my head.

 

                “I messed up. Don’t blame her.” I reasoned.

 

                “Do you know why she’s here?” Sung-min asked again, ignoring my reply. “Is there something going on between the two of you?”

 

                I shook my head again, but harder this time. “I don’t know.”

 

                “Hyung, shouldn’t we welcome her like we did before?” Ryeo-wook asked as he sided with me. I smiled at him.

 

                “She’s a fan anyway.” Ye-sung supported his favorite dongsaeng. I repressed a giggle. I glanced at Ye-sung and Ryeo-wook and watched as Ye-sung put his arm on Wookie’s shoulder. Why can’t Sung-min hyung support me as well?

 

                “We’re just worried about Kyu-hyun.” Dong-hae replied, taking side with Sung-min. I looked up at Shin-dong and saw him walk behind Sung-min. “We won’t want him to get in trouble again because of a fan. Remember how manager hyung scolded him that night?”

 

                Sung-min nodded and acknowledged the numbers of each side. “We need to be careful for the sake of the team. You have to take care of her, too, right?”

 

                I wanted to answer but I don’t know what to say. I need to take care of her too. I dropped my head in defeat.

 

                “Who says Min-ji is here to get Kyu-hyun in trouble?” Henry’s voice startled my emotive state and I suddenly remembered Min-ji might be hearing our conversation.

 

                I glanced up and saw him standing by the wall with Hee-chul smiling widely at his side “Min-ji’s at her room changing.” Hee-chul said as he approached me.

 

                “Then why is she here?” Sung-min asked Henry. My eyes focused on Henry too, waiting for his answer since I’m really curious about it too.

 

                “She’s here to study, of course!” he announced as he tapped me on my shoulder, crossing the lounge with two large strides. “What do you expect a nineteen year old girl to do?” he giggled.

 

                “Don’t play with us, Henry.” Sung-min stubbornly stressed while I giggled back at Henry’s remark.

 

                “He’s not joking!” another voice announced and we all looked back at the door to see who the new visitor is.

 

                A girl in a messy wig and huge shades stands by the entrance with grocery bags on both of her sides. She’s staring intently at us that I started to worry about her identity. Maybe a neighbor or a fan who followed us here? I don’t know, but she seems rather familiar.

 

                “Min-ji is here to study.” The mysterious girl added and Henry ran to her side to get the bags. “And she’s under my guidance.” She finished after thanking Henry for taking the bags.

 

                She approached us and sat beside me while fixing her wig and removing her shades.

 

                “I missed you!” she screamed as she faced and hugged me.

 

                “Noona?!” I heard all of my team mates yell in shock, but I was more shocked than they were with this girl hugging me.

 

                She let go and faced me, a smile plastered on her face. “Yah, Kyu-hyun, didn’t you miss me too?” she asked as she pinched both of my cheeks.

 

                Nothing but a frightful scream escaped my mouth as I stared at the girl in front of me, recognizing her in the same instant.

 

                I was about to ask her what she’s doing here but Henry’s panicking voice interrupted me.

 

                “Noona, she’s coming down.” He hissed and the girl in front of me nodded and fixed her fake hair again so it’s won’t look fake. She dropped her shoulders and pinched her cheeks.

 

                Just then, Min-ji’s small figure came down the stairs. She’s hopping playfully and stopped when she noticed we’re all quiet.

 

                “Aren’t we going yet?” she asked, looking at Henry and Hee-chul. The latter smiled and nodded at her.

 

                “Min-ji, where are you going?” I heard the girl beside me ask and I wanted to stop her right that instant. Min-ji might recognize her, if she’s really my fan, then she’ll be so shocked that she might faint.

 

                “Oh, Auntie. We’re going out to dinner. Hee-chul oppa said he knew a good restaurant on this neighborhood.” She replied surely, while nodding at Hee-chul.

 

                Wait, did she just call my noona Auntie?

 

                I stared dumbly at Henry, Min-ji and Noona as they exchange smiles and nods. I found the other members staring at those three person as foolishly as I am.

 

                What the hell is happening?

 

 

 



 

 

sorry if it took too long before i updated and i still can't update regularly because our thesis defense is killing me!!!

 

 

anyway, how's this chapter?? any idea who the "girl" is?? LOL

 

 

 

♦rhei_07♦