Dreams and Reality

A Tour At Seoul

 

 

 

 

                “Annyeong haseyo. I’m Min Ji.” I bowed down when Henry’s mom greeted us on their driveway.

 

                “Min Ji?” her eyes widened. “You’ve grown so much!” she exclaimed opening her arms wide, offering me a hug.

 

                “Mom, she’s nine when you first and last saw her.” Henry rolled his eyes while pulling my bags with him inside. I giggled.

 

                “I guess my Henry pursued you well enough for you to agree to go back here, right?” she said while she showed me the way to the lounge. “Is your mom okay with this?”

 

                “Yes.” I nodded, “Henry’s really amazing.” He convinced my invincible mom!

 

                “I prepared some foods today since I knew you’re coming.” She started again, obviously not minding my answer. “Oh right. You must be tired, I should show you first to your room.” She clapped her hands.

 

                I smiled at her clumsiness. I can’t really remember how she looks like ten years ago but she surely acts like a kid to me.

 

                She showed me my room which is filled with pink stuffs. My eyes glittered in delight. It’s like a Barbie house or something. The wallpapers are floral pink with some shade of yellow and lavender. The bed is light pink together with its white and baby pink pillows and blankets. The closet is purely white with those cute pink round knobs at the middle. The table and chair by the window is also white and it adds to the light ambiance of the room. I feel like I’m a baby.

 

                “Thanks, Auntie.” I murmured, still taking in everything around me. “It’s pretty.”

 

                She nodded beside me. “I know, right?”

 

                I walked forward and gazed outside the window. The view here is pretty too. The road outside is clearly visible and the cool air enters freely inside. I inhaled the scent of the city.

 

                “Now take a rest and I’ll wake you up later for dinner, okay?” she ordered before leaving me in the room.

 

                I sat on my bed and adored the soft cushions on it. I pulled one pillow and hugged it. I smiled to myself again thinking that everything would be fine. But would it really be alright if I stayed here? What if the neighbour would think of something else? What if people around here looked down on me?

 

                I blew those thoughts away from my mind and laid back on the soft bed. Auntie’s right. I should take a rest. I’m pretty tired and I need strength to deal with everything else later.

 

                After a while, I’m pretty sure I’m deeply asleep and dreaming. I’m drifting to the memories I built up and collected for the past week of my stay at Seoul. I’m with him.

 

“Oppa, I want some ice cream.” I said sweetly to Kyu-hyun as we were walking at the amusement park. I blushed, knowing that people around us are staring.

 

He slowly turned his head to me and said “Okay, yeobo. Wait for me here.” While giving me his killer wink and smirk. I could die now in happiness even though I knew that we’re just acting.

 

            “Oppa—” I called again, remembering the meaning of that wink he just gave me. I should continue acting, swiftly and smoothly. “I want a piggy back ride.” I blushed harder, thinking to myself that I never really did this to anyone before.

 

                He giggled at my red expression and I pouted. He shouldn’t make fun of me when I’m trying my best here to do his request; or more of a payback.  “Okay.” He replied anyway, turning his back to me and urging me to position myself at his back. I obeyed and wrapped my arms around his slim neck. I can feel my face get hotter, if that’s even possible. He’s carrying me! I’m at his back! And I can smell his sweet scent; I can feel the thumping of his heart; I can feel every breathe he’s taking in and out!

 

                I closed my eyes and savoured the moment.

 

                When I opened my eyes, I’m no longer at the back of Kyu-hyun. I’m sitting beside him at a dark place and he’s gazing at something. If only he’ll look at me now…

 

                He did! He looked at me. He faced me, cupped my chin and… kissed me?

 

                My eyes were unfocused. I was lost for words or actions to say or do. He pulled off and gazed at somewhere again. I wanted to ask him why he did that. I wanted to know if the reason behind that is because he likes me. I wanted to know.

 

                He faced me with his victorious smile plastered on his face. Then I remembered why were here; why we’re together. We’re just acting, we’re role playing. I forced myself not to cry but my hand flew into the air involuntarily and slapped him before I even registered what was happening. Then I ran out of the dark place, scared of his reaction and the others judging eyes.

 

“Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...”he’s singing in front of me when I went out of the dark place. I ended up on the court near our house at Pusan. I giggled at his ragged breathing and his out of the beat dance.

 

             “Okay! Okay! I forgive you.” I screamed when I couldn’t contain my laughter anymore. He’s been dancing for like the third time.

 

             “Thank you.” He sighed as he slumped his body next to me.

 

I laughed again. “Komawo, Kyu-hyun oppa.”

 

“For what?” he asked, totally dumb from what I’m saying.

 

“For making my sacrifices worth sacrificing.” I nodded to myself.

 

“Sacrifices?” he asked again, still not getting what I’m saying.

 

“Yes. Like my time. My reputation. My first kiss...” I trailed off, remembering how that last part went and stared at him. He stared at me too as he lean closer towards me.

 

“We didn’t do that last thing properly. How about I’ll do it properly now?” he invited out of nowhere, I almost jumped in joy thinking that we’ll kiss and it’s not just acting now.

 

“Uhmm—” I replied, unable to think of anything to say.

 

“Yes, Min Ji?” he smirked his signature smirk and my heart dropped.

 

I pushed him to the ground yelling, “If you could catch me!” and running as fast as I can away from him.

 

He laughed and chased me. “I will!”

 

After running away from him for I don’t know how long, he finally got a hold on me. “There! Got you!” he shouted, announcing his victory. I laughed nervously as he pulled me closer towards him again. I’m staring at his deep chocolate brown eyes and let myself be hypnotized with it.

 

“Kyu-hyun oppa?” I called, wanting to make sure he’s really the one I’m talking to; to make sure he’s real.

 

“Yes?” he replied. I sighed in relief, closed my eyes and waited for his lips to touch mine.

 

                I waited for my most anticipated event but nothing happened. Instead, I felt this cold air rudely brushing my face and messing my hair. I opened my eyes and saw a group of crazy ELF’s following us. I felt someone’s grip on my wrist so I turned my head towards the one pulling me and saw Kyu-hyun.

 

                “Where are we going?” I asked him while looking back to the doubling crowd behind us. They’re ELF’s like me, but they’re not the friendly ones. Well, I wouldn’t be friendly too if I was on their position but still, I find it rude.

 

                “I don’t know.” He replied in between his deep intake of air.

 

                “You don’t know?” I asked him in disbelief. I inhaled some air too and was ready to talk back to him when he suddenly said something I didn’t expect from him.

 

                “Just trust me on this one.” He ordered me. I nodded in return but I guess he didn’t have the chance to see it. I could even trust myself in his hands if he wants me to.

 

                “Here!” someone shouted from one of the huge double doors ahead. “Hide here!” he yelled again, signalling us to go in. I sighed as Kyu-hyun turned to enter the place.

 

                Unlike the bright and spacious place I was expecting, I saw a dark and small place. I was seated on the far corner and Kyu-hyun is talking to the man up front. I was shaking from fear although I really don’t know what I’m scared of.

 

                “Why are you crying?” Kyu-hyun asked me suddenly. I snapped my head up and stared at him. I touched my eyes and felt the tears on it.

 

                “Because I’m scared, pabo.” I replied, acknowledging the unexplainable fear I’m feeling inside. I’m scared he would get hurt because of me.

 

                “I’m sorry.” he murmured again. He’s been saying a lot of sorrys’ to me and I don’t like it.

 

                “Stop saying sorry, okay?” I pinched his arm. “I’m not sorry for what happened. I’m just scared.” I explained.

 

                 “Okay.” He smiled and it made my heart calm for a moment. Then I remembered something.

 

                “Jae told me you wouldn’t let me get hurt so she asked me to stay with you.” I put out my phone and dialled Jae’s number. I promised her I’d let her talk to Kyu-hyun when we’re safe and I’m feel pretty safe now with him by my side.

 

                “Who are you calling now?” he asked while watching me wait for Jae to answer.

 

                “Jae. She told me that she needs to have a word with you.” I beamed. I grabbed my handkerchief and dried my tears out of my face.  “Jae.” I murmured.

 

                “He’s there?” Jae asked on the other line. “Is he ready to talk to me?”

 

                I glanced at Kyu-hyun and gently smiled. “Deh. He’s here.” I hand my phone to Kyu-hyun and waited for them to start their conversation. I scooped near him to be able to hear everything but he whispered so low I can’t hear anything.

 

“Okay. I promise,” he suddenly said, staring intently at me. “I won’t ever hurt her.”

 

                My eyes widen at his words as it slowly sank down inside me. I won’t ever hurt her. He said he won’t ever hurt me. My heart could stop beating now and I wouldn’t mind it. The world could end right at this moment and I wouldn’t even complain. He won’t hurt me, that’s enough. I’ll be fine as long as I’m with Kyu-hyun, the king of my world.

 

                I turned my back on him when I felt blood rush up to my face, making me all red. I don’t want him to see me like that anyway; I don’t want him to think that I’m head over heels in love with him. I’ll confess, maybe after all of this chaos.

 

                Looking at the window of the car, I saw some fans gathering up in front of the building. Scared, I tried to hide from them. Then someone called my name.

 

                “Min Ji!” I heard that familiar voice shake me. I turned to hide again. I can’t be seen. I must not be seen.

 

                “Min Ji, wake up!” the voice called again. Now I’m sure it’s from Henry. I felt the soft mattress under me and the warm blankets that covers me. I grunted, wanting to continue my dream for a while more.

 

                “Min Ji! They came! My hyungs… Ani… the other members are here!” he exclaimed. My eyes flew open and the dream I’m wishing to continue, yet again, came to life.

 

 



 

 

are the chapters pretty boring?? sorry.. but it'll get exciting sooner or later.. ROFL thanks for reading!!

 

 

♥COMMENTS ARE LOVED♥

 

♦rhei_07♦