Taking Her Back

A Tour At Seoul

 

 

 

~ Min Ji’s P.O.V. ~

 

                “I’m home.” I whispered as I entered our house. I pulled my bags inside and laid them down beside the couch. I sighed and started to make my way to my room.

 

                “What happened? Where’s Kyu-hyun?” my mom asked, peeping from the kitchen. I glanced at her and saw her whole arm covered with soap. Maybe she’s doing the laundry or the dishes. In any way, I have no intention of answering her question. Not now, so I just shook my head and continued on walking into my room.

 

                As soon as I closed the door of my room behind me, the tears started falling. I’m not even sure how many more tears I could shed because of that unhappy ending and I’m not sure how long it would take for me to accept the fact that my relationship with Kyu-hyun of Super Junior is just up to that; a fan and an idol. I didn’t even have the chance to say proper goodbyes or to thank him for everything; the memories, the laughter, the fights and the quarrels. It seems like everything that had happened was just a dream and I can’t accept the fact that I woke up and it ended just like that; hanging me up on the air.

 

                I lay down on my bed and continued crying. I’m tired of crying but what else can I do? When I got back from the SME building, I cried all night long with Jae. On the awarding of certificates, I cried and hid alone in the bathroom. On our trip back here at Pusan, I cried on my seat. All I did is cry and that’s what I’m still doing until now. My mom and Jae, I know they care for me and they wanted to comfort me but they just can’t ease this pain I’m feeling.

 

                So I’ll just cry my self to sleep. At least, by sleeping, I could escape this pain for a while. Even for just a while. Then maybe I’ll have the chance to continue that dream in my sleep and everything would be alright again.

 

 

            “Min Ji! You have a visitor!” I heard someone shout outside. I my bed, not wanting to be disturbed from my sleep and emotional escapade.

 

            “Min Ji! Visitor!” Mom called again. I grunted and kicked my legs out. I threw the pillow off my bed and pulled the blanket off me. I screamed silently as I cover my mouth with my hands. I am in no mood for accepting any visitors and I know I clearly told Jae not to visit me for now because it won’t help even a bit.

 

I want to be alone!

 

“Min Ji!” my mom shouted again.

 

“Coming!” I shouted back, wrestling my way out of my room, making sure my hard stomps on the floor are heard quite well by the intruder.

 

I went down the stairs slowly and with a heavy heart and peeped on the side to see who my visitor is.

 

A man. A man with a weird afro hairstyle and a very thick jacket. His hair almost covers his whole tiny face that I can’t really recognize him. But on second thoughts, I really don’t know anyone with that kind of hairstyle, right?

 

             I know I am completely visible to the stranger because he suddenly stood up and bowed at me.

 

             “Hi, Min Ji.” He murmured and I feel like I was on déjà vu. My head started spinning and I can’t see anything properly except this young man in front of me who smiles widely at me and waves a handbag on the air. I recognized the bag was mine but I still can’t believe to whom I am staring at.

 

                “Henry Oppa!” I yelped as I jumped closer to give him a hug. Tears started flowing again down from my eyes and it made his shirt wet too. Forget my tears, forget my mom who stands awkwardly at the kitchen door looking at us, forget our position and the time and the place; forget everything. I don’t care if this is the continuation of my previous dream or not. I don’t care if it’ll hurt me again when I woke up. All I care for now is that one of the main characters in my beautiful dream is here and I’m so happy that I don’t even want to break the hug if only he didn’t choke on my back, begging for some air.

 

                “Sorry.” I grinned at him when we’re both finally seated. He shook his head as he drank his tea.

 

                “I know you had a hard time.” He assured me. “And I’m here to give you this!” he waved my bag again in front of me.

 

                I had double thought on taking the bag from him. What if after I took it, I’ll wake up and then I’ll resort to crying again? What if after I took it, all of the ties I had with this dream will be cut off and I’ll have no way of coming back again.

 

                I guess Henry saw the doubts in my eyes. He put the bag down and pulled something out of it. It’s my notebook. The notebook where Kyu-hyun signed and wrote a letter to me.

 

                “I saw this and do you know how envious I am?” he pointed at the note of Kyu-hyun. “So I wrote one too!” he turned the page and pointed at his note. I smiled. “Want to read it?” he handed me the notebook, forcing it in my hand and pushing it towards my face.

 

                “Okay! Okay!” I laughed, having no other choice. I looked down on my notebook and started on reading.

 

Princess Min Ji,

 

                Annyeong! I am your one and only Prince Henry! I’m really glad you still remembered that time at the park when we were little. I thought you forgot already. I still have our picture at home and mom was thrilled when I told her I met you again. She’d like you to come over at our place. You’d come, right?

 

Your Prince Henry

 

P.S.

                I missed you!

 

                I laughed at his note and his chaotic handwriting. Closing my notebook, I smiled back at him. He’s staring intently at me and it made me shift my gaze back on his note.

 

                “Your mom wants me to go to your house?” I asked as I re-read the whole note.

 

                “Yes. And I already told her you’ll come!” he replied enthusiastically.

 

                “Oppa, classes will resume in a week. How can I go back and forth Seoul and Pusan in a week?” I sighed, looking at him now while he’s finishing his tea. “Besides, we don’t have enough money for the fare.” I glanced at my mom and saw the word ‘sorry’.

 

                Instead of listening to my excuses, Henry pulled out an envelope from his backpack and handed it to me. “Your fare is all covered up.” He smiled.

 

                I stared at the envelope and opened it. I saw two plane tickets to Seoul and I almost smiled in delight, but I remembered the other expenses, like foods other transportations and the fare back home. I shook my head.

 

                “I really want to go but I can’t.” I announced after giving out an involuntary heave of breathe.

 

                “Why?” he asked, troubled by my tone and by my continuous sighing.

 

                “Well…” I searched for excuses but I can’t think of anything; except the shame of admitting to myself that I really can’t afford it without him.

 

                “She just came back.” My mom suddenly interrupted. “And I guess Seoul only reminds her of things that hurts her.” she explained. “Besides, she needs to get ready for the upcoming semester.”

 

                I nodded furiously and hoped that Henry would take this explanation as acceptable but then, he shook his head too.

 

                “The more she needs to go back, Auntie.” He faced my mom. “She have some unfinished business at Seoul and it’ll only haunt her for the rest of her life if she’d just run away from it. Isn’t it better if she’ll face them once and for all?”

 

                With this, my mom was speechless. I know her so much that I know deep inside me that she agrees to what Henry is saying. She deals with people and she knew that running away from anything isn’t good. I sighed in defeat.

 

                “But her school?” my mom tried again, clinging onto this last ace we had. “She needs to finish her schooling. It’s only two years from now and she’ll be graduating. She can’t sop now.”

 

                With this, Henry smiled again. I don’t know where he got such confidence but I guess he really came here prepared. He has everything planned. He even has every answer to our made up problems.

 

                “My mom is willing to offer her free board, food and schooling back at Seoul.” He proudly said. “She can work part time at some establishments there while studying. She’ll be accepted in no time so we don’t have anything to worry about. The only thing that we need now is the approval of Min Ji and you, Auntie.”

 

                My mouth hung open. His mom is offering me what?

 

 

 



 

 

죄송함니다!!!

 

sorry for the super late update.. i waas too absorbed in my other fiction.. 미안 미안해.. ㅅ____ㅅ 

 

anyway.. how's this?? obviously.. option 2 got the most vote.. [and only few voted] so here... if you find it weird, just wait for the next chapters... ROFL thanks thanks!!

 

 

♦rhei_07♦