Our Secret

A Tour At Seoul

“Don’t forget to pray. And don’t skip meals. I added some clothes for you incase you feel cold. And—...” my Mom continued to blabber on and on.

 

We’re at the airport at Pusan. It’s the time to go to Seoul to attend a leadership training. Well, as the president of the student council at our university, they required me to go. I’m so excited!

 

“I hope your pocket money is enough for your stay there. I’m sorry, I don’t have much these days...” I heard Mom said.

 

“It’s fine, Mom. Anyway, it’s just for five days. I’ll be fine.” I replied hurriedly, trying to ease her worry. I looked at my clock, it’s almost time. “I need to go, Mom. Saranghae!” I smiled as I ran towards the entrance.

 

“Take care, my baby!” my Mom shouted. I rolled my eyes and waved back to her.

 

~~At Seoul~~

 

It’s my first time to go here without my Mom. It is so different from our province. I found the group that I’ll be in and we got on the bus altogether.

 

The trip to the hotel is short. My room mate, Eun Hae (a.k.a. the girl I never wanted to be my friend), got on the room first. So she has the privilege to choose which bed she wants to sleep on. She chose the one near the window. I put on my things on the bed near the door.

 

“You’re not allowed to touch any of my things. You’re not even allowed to think of touching it. Arasso?” she asked as she showcased all of her not-so-pretty stuffs.

 

“Don’t worry, I have no intentions either. Relax.” I answered.

 

She stomped her feet and turned her back on me. I just laughed.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

I opened the door and found my best friend, Hyeuk Jae, on the door, beaming. “How’s your room?” she asked.

 

“Not so fine.” I giggled and pointed on the girl, who is currently busy arranging her things. “Are you done arranging your things?”

 

“Yes! You?”

 

I pointed on my messy things. “Nope.”

 

“Come on, let me help you. We have to be fast. They said that they’ll be giving us a tour around the city today! We can’t be late.” She babbled.

 

She pulled me and then we started sorting my things. We finished it for about five minutes. Hyeuk Jae is really fast at doing things. She pulled me out of the room, into the ground floor of the hotel after finishing off my things. We found our schoolmates there waiting and some of our teachers forcing the others to hurry up.

 

“Pali!” they screamed. “We’re running out of time.”

 

When they’ve gathered all of us there and has arranged us in a chaotic line, we started to head out.

 

We went to a mall. There are a lot of people there, it seems like we’ll be lost. They gave us an hour to have a tour around the place. After an hour, we should be on the bus or else they’ll leave us behind. Hyeuk Jae, being the most active student, pulled me with her.

 

There, we started our short tour.

 

We went to the activity center of the mall and found a mass of people. “What’s going on?” Hyeuk Jae asked as we pushed into the crowd harder.

 

“Super Junior is leaving now. Thank you for coming.” A voice echoed through the hall.

 

Super Junior? They’re here? I must be so lucky.

 

“Aww, we’ve missed them.” Hyeuk Jae exhaled. We saw a group of boys with hoodies leaving. The crowd followed them. We just stared there in amazement. We’re this close of meeting our idols.

 

Hyeuk Jae followed them, too, while I was left staring at the crowd disappearing at the exit.

 

“Ouch!” I screamed as someone bumped me from behind.

 

“I’m sorry.” The man quickly bowed continuously. He has this weird hood and shades. His hood loosens up from his head as he bowed non stop.

 

Kyu-hyun-ssi?

 

I pulled him, away from the center of the place. I heard him protest but I don’t care. If the other fans see him there, I’m sure he’ll have no way to get out. We’ll be both crushed to death.

 

“Let go!” he shouted as he pulled off from my grip. “What are you doing?”

 

“If you want to live, then stay still!” I ordered. He bowed down again and pulled his hood up.

 

When I’m pretty sure we’re on a safe place, I let him go. “Thank you.” He said and then he started to walk away. I pulled him back.

 

“You’re not leaving yet.” I smiled. This is my dream and I’m not letting go.

 

He gave me the what-do-you-mean stare. My smile got wider. “I saved your life.” I started. “You, in return, should agree for a compromise.”

 

He frowned more. He’s funny. “Or do you want to be crushed here by your fans, like me?—” hahah, I’m evil “ELF’s! He’s—” he covered my mouth as I dared to scream his name.

 

“Fine.” He finally said.

 

I took out my notebook and pen and gave it to him. He took it and started to sign. “NO!” I boasted as I hold his hand still. I’m holding Kyu-hyun-ssi’s hand! “Write there my name, the date today and your name.” I said.

 

“Name?”

 

“Min Ji. Jang Min Ji.”

 

He started to write it. I laughed at his clumsy position. After he wrote all of those, I snatched it from him and signed above my name. I gave it back to him and he did the same. Now it’s picture time.

 

I brought out my camera and hung one of my arms to his. I started to pose and he did the same. We took about ten pictures, and that made me satisfied. I looked at him. He looks tired.

 

“I still have schedule at four in the afternoon. The other members should’ve been worried about me.” He explained. I nodded. “Thank you.” He repeated again.

 

I bowed down. “Thank you, too. And I’m sorry for the ruckus.” I giggled.

 

“It’s fine. I love my fans anyway.” He said as he snatched back my notebook. He wrote something, he closed it and then he gave it back to me. “See you around again.” He patted my head and kissed my hair. I was frozen. He started to leave, to walk away from me.

 

“Let’s play star craft next time!” I shouted as I wave goodbye to my beloved idol. He waved back “Sure!”.

 

I waited for him to disappear from my sight and then I looked at the notebook. I opened it and found the one he wrote.

 

Thank you, for not kidnapping me, I really though you’d do. You’re cute, I hope you know that. See you around next time, maybe we could talk longer or even play.

 

Saranghae.

 

P.S.

 

Let’s keep this a secret, between you and me.

 

Take care.

Cho Kyu-hyun

 

 

I hugged my note.

 

 

I went back to the bus and found the panicked Hyeuk Jae. “Where were you? I thought you got lost! Your Mom will kill me! Don’t you ever do that again!” she shouted. I just smiled at her, still hugging my notebook. “She’s gone mad!” she exclaimed.

 

“I’m fine, Jae. Just need to breathe.” I told her. We started to head out, back to the hotel. I guess this is enough. I can live with this. We need to prepare for the next four days, for our training.

 

I never let my notebook be far from me. I don’t know what future holds, but I guess I’ll hold on to him saying: Let’s keep this a secret, between you and me.