Confusion

A Tour At Seoul

 

 

 

                Henry smiled at me wider. “I’m glad you remembered!” he exclaimed.

 

                I smiled back, “Of course.”

 

                He stretched out his hand for me to hold and I gladly accepted it. He pulled me in an unexpected hug. “I never thought I’d see you again.”

 

                I smiled wider. I never thought I’d ever see him again, too!

 

                “It’s cold, let’s get inside. I’m hungry too. Then, you can tell me about whatever happened after that day.” He encouraged as I felt myself being pulled away by him, into the restaurant.

 

                It’s a lot warmer inside, and I’m glad it is. I’m freezing outside even if we didn’t actually stayed long there. Henry ordered me a tea and a salad since everyone else already ordered their food. I smiled to myself again. I let my eyes sweep across the table and found a single chair vacant. That’s when I remembered I didn’t see Kyu-hyun enter the restaurant with us after that conversation outside.

 

                “Henry oppa, where’s Kyu-hyun?” I asked the jolly guy beside me.

 

                “Hmm? Didn’t he follow us inside?” he asked, confused of my sudden question.

 

                “I don’t think so.” I shook my head. It’s cold outside, what if he’s freezing there. Or worst, what if ELF’s surrounded him there and stepped on him or forced him to go with them. What if something bad happened.

 

                I suddenly stood up. Since we’re too many, I guess barely no one noticed. Henry flinched on my side, mimicking my action when I pushed him to sit down again.

 

                “I’ll go look for him. Another Super Junior member won’t do any help in any situation like this.” I gave him my reassuring smile and I saw sadness cross his face. I don’t know if he’s sad because he can’t help or if it’s for another reason, but for now, I need to find Kyu-hyun.

 

                I walked out of thee restaurant in haste. When I found no sign of him in front of the place, I took a walk around the building. Still no sign. I decided to walk further away from that place to look for him, still. I can’t let him be in trouble even if I can’t really understand why he is acting this way. I just need to find him.

 

                I sighed in relief when I saw him a street away from where we’re supposed to be eating. He’s sitting on the stairs in front of a huge building. I wonder why no one notices this lone Super Junior member sitting there, unguarded, but I’m thankful they don’t pay attention. I sat loudly beside him, giving out a huge sigh of relief as I do so.

 

                “You made me worried.” I murmured, not looking at him but at the people around us.

 

                “What took you too long to be worried about me?” he asked, obviously mad.

 

                “You’re a huge group. I noticed you weren’t there when I saw an empty chair.” I honestly said.

 

                “Really? Or are you busy talking to your Prince Henry now? Catching up about your life?” he said with a grunt. I laughed.

 

                “Yah! Are you, in any way, jealous?” I teased.

 

                “Why would I be jealous? If you’re a fan of Henry now, then I’d just grab another fan of mine to replace you.”

 

                His words hurt me. He’s right anyway. Who am I? A fan that got lucky enough to be with my beloved idol. He can replace me anytime he wanted to while I’d find a hard time finding another idol to die for. Wait, why would I have a hard time finding another person to idolize if there are plenty of them?

 

                “Fine then.” I concluded.

 

                “Fine what?”

 

                “Go, find another fan of yours, since it sounds so easy for you to replace a ‘fan’ like me, right? I’ll go back to the restaurant to eat with my new idol.” I stood up.

 

                “New idol? And who is that ‘new idol’ of yours, may I ask?”

 

                “Henry.” I simply replied, looking down on him. “I’ll have lots of fun with my prince than I had with you.”

 

                He stood up too, enraged, I think. I saw anger fill his eyes and it scared me for a while. But then, why would I be scared? Not that I’m hoping to, but I don’t think we’ll be seeing each other again after this day again. So what if he’s mad at me. He’ll forget me anytime soon. Because I’m just a fan. Just something replaceable.

 

                “Fine.” He shouted and he started walking toward the opposite direction from me.

 

I started walking back to where I came from too, then I heard someone shout “It’s Kyu-hyun oppa!”

 

                I turned to look at him in terror and found him turning his head toward me too. Our eyes met in horror as we heard another scream of his name among the crowd, then, the chasing begun. He ran to me and he pulled me with him. I can’t exactly see where we’re going since I kept looking back, but his hands, securing mine, is a good guide on where I’m supposed to go. The crowd behind us doubled as I took another glimpse on them. It made us panic more.

 

                “Where are we going?” I asked Kyu-hyun as we took another left turn on an unknown street.

 

                “I don’t know.” He replied, out of breath.

 

                “You don’t know?!” I asked in disbelief, looking at him for the first time since we ran off.

 

                “Just trust me on this one.” He said as he pulled me again on another street. I don’t know where we are, but I guess we’ve ran a long way now, since the buildings around lessen a bit.

 

                When will this end?

 

                “Here!” someone called from one huge double of the door ahead us. “Hide here!”

 

                Without having second thoughts, we jumped inside the open door and breathed in relief as we heard it shut behind us. I laid my back on the door, scared that the fans might push it open but they didn’t. I heard them approach the door and ran straight ahead of it. I inhaled deeply when I heard their screams becoming distinctive as they went farther away.

 

                “We’re safe, Kyu-hyun oppa.” I said, facing the guy who put me in this mess.

 

                “Think so?” he asked back.

 

                I was about to nod when I saw the place where we entered.

 

                It was a huge place, with chandeliers hanging freely on the ceiling; lighting up the whole place in amazingly angle that not one bit of shadow was produced. The windows and door are all covered, letting small amount of light to enter inside. Did I forget to mention that the ceiling is a big dome? Yeah, it is. Chairs are all aligned in neat rows and, at the front, a stage and platform sits peacefully. Colorful abstracts stands as window panes and it gives the place an illusion of enchantment. A red long carpet waves its way toward that huge white cross up front, which hangs carefully on the center of the wall at the end of the aisle. There are no other people inside and it makes the place look larger and scarier.

 

                “Are you both fine?” the man who called us before asked us as we continue to stare at the magical place.

 

                I nodded, finding no words to say. It’s not my first time to see or to enter a place like this, but I’m not used to these places.

 

                “You can rest here for a while.” The man said again, that’s when I decided to look at him.

 

                He wears long white robes with stitched designs on it. He’s holding a book in his left hand and some keys on the other. His hair is all white but still, his face looks so young and peaceful.

 

                “Thank you.” I heard Kyu-hyun said as he bowed up to his waist. I bowed a second later.

 

                “I’ll leave for a while. I suggest you stay here and wait for the fans to return to where they came from since I think you ran a long way.” He said, acknowledging our gesture.

 

                “Thank you.” We said in unison as I watched the long white robes glide smoothly on the shining floor away from us.

 

                I stood straight, when I saw the priest enter through another door, and sat on one of the long chairs at the back which is on my reach.

 

                “Gwenchana?” Kyu-hyun asked me as he sat down beside me.

 

                “Yeah.” I replied, closing my eyes and leaning my head on the back rest of the chair. I’m still chasing my breath and my legs are sore from running. I’m definitely not okay.

 

                “Sorry.”

 

                My eyes snapped open. Did I just hear Kyu-hyun of Super Junior say sorry to me? Seriously?

 

                “I’m sorry. It’s my fault this time.” He added.

 

                I sat up straight and looked at him. His eyes are closed too and his breathing is heavy. I guess I’m not the only one who’s chasing some lapsed breath.

 

                “It’s always your fault.” I murmured, smiling to myself. He just said sorry to me for the second time.

 

                “Yah, I’m saying sorry here. Can’t you just play around and pretend that you’ve forgiven me?” he whispered, still with closed eyes.

 

                You did nothing wrong. It’s my fault.

 

                “I’m sorry I lost my temper a while ago, too. I shouldn’t have shouted at you.”

 

                I shouldn’t have made you mad in the first place.

 

                “And sorry if I pulled you with me when the fans suddenly appeared. I should have just pretended I was alone.”

 

                I’m actually glad you pulled me with you. I’ll be sick worried if you didn’t.

 

                “Yah! Why aren’t you talking there? Are you too tired to speak?” he suddenly snapped. “I just said sorry and you’re not accepting nor rejecting it.”

 

                I shook my head and smiled at him. “So what are we going to do while we’re waiting here?” I asked to change the topic.

 

                “Aish, I can’t believe you. The almighty Cho Kyu-hyun just said sorry three times and you’re suddenly changing the topic?”

 

                “Drop it.” I replied, eyeing him. “I won’t comment on your apology, so drop it.” I stood up.

 

                “I like it better when you reject it rather than ignore it.” He grunted. I threw him a serious glare. “Fine!” he gave up.

 

                “Let’s not fight for now, okay?” I pleaded. Since we’re on a Church, I think I better be good for now.

 

                “You started it.” He murmured. I stopped walking.

 

                “How did I start it? You’re the one who walked out on us on the restaurant!” I screeched, starting to loose my temper. Got to hold it in. Need to hold it in.

 

                “You’re the one who looked so happy finding your prince!” he shouted back.

 

                “I only met him once when I was a kid so don’t jump into conclusion!”

 

                “Then don’t give out that happy look while facing Henry!”

 

                “Why? You’d rather like to see me being mad and shouting here with you?”

 

                “Yes!” he let his hand flew up and drop on his side, as if giving up.

 

                My eyes got wider. He’d rather have me mad at him, shouting here rather than be happy being with Henry?

 

                “I can’t believe you.” I murmured. “Why do you love to see me like this?!”

 

                He suddenly looked at me, shocked at my words.

 

                “Min-ji, I didn’t mean it like that.” He explained. I wipe my eyes as I felt the tears on the edge of rolling down on my cheeks.

 

                “Then what do you mean, Kyu-hyun-shi?” I said, emphasizing the formalities.

 

~Kyu-hyun’s P.O.V.~

 

                “Min-ji, I didn’t mean it like that.” I explained as I watched her wipe her eyes with the back of her hand. I hurt her again.

 

                “Then what do you mean, Kyu-hyun-shi?” she said, emphasizing the formalities.

 

                How could I tell her exactly what I mean when I barely understand it myself? When I saw her earlier with her eyes so lit up with Henry’s words, I felt this sharp pang on my chest as if I lost one of my biggest games on Star Craft. I tried to figure out what the hell is wrong with me while walking away but then she showed up and ruined everything. I lost the track of thought I had earlier and it’s her fault. If she just stayed at the restaurant, then perhaps I already figured out what is wrong.

 

                So, now, what am I going to tell her? The outbursts of words earlier are unexplainable and I can’t think straightly seeing her eye all watery in front of me. Worst is I've known that I’m the reason why she’s crying in front of me.

 

                I should have just let Henry have her I.D. in the first place. I should’ve never bumped to her in the first place. I should’ve never asked her for a favor and I should’ve never gone after her at Pusan.

 

                Then perhaps I wouldn’t be confused right now.

 

                “Why can’t you tell me what you mean?” she said again, now clearing her face from any trace of tears.

 

                “I—”

 



 

 

long time no update?

i'm back anyway.. ^___^ how was the chapter?? let me know please??

 

♥COMMENTSARELOVED♥

 

♦rhei_07♦