LHLID oo2

Love Him Like I Did

 

Junsu continued running until he found himself in the busy streets of Gongju. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that he was standing across the shop where his brother works, which happened to still be open.

It was ten in the evening, and without thinking, Junsu crossed the large road when there was obviously no sign of any car.

The bells that were attached on the door sounded when Junsu opened the door. “Welcome.” Someone had said from the counter.

“Ah!” the voice exclaimed when he turned his head. “Junsu ah.” Junsu smiled. “Good evening noona.” The lady blinked at him and disappeared through a door, and came back not that long later with a towel in her hands.

She approached him and pulled him from the still open door.

The older woman spread the towel and placed it on top of Junsu’s head and started drying his hair. “What were you doing running around in the rain?”

Junsu couldn’t open his mouth then.

Just before he reached Jaejoong’s workplace, he and his brother were running for their lives. It was supposed to be the two of them here; however, fate just had to be cruel. Junsu had lost his one and only brother.

“Where’s Jaejoong?” she asked as she dried his hair. Junsu knew that he wouldn’t be able to answer and simply gripped on the bundle he held. “Hwaeun noona,” he said, avoiding the question. “Could I ask for one more towel?”

He then set the bundle he held, and as Changmin’s cover had been set down, he started to cry while still covered. Hwaeun had stared at the bundle and then reached for the cloth’s end and flipped it to the side. “Yah!” she exclaimed. “What on earth are you doing running around in the rain with Changmin with you?”

Hwaeun ran back to where she came from earlier and came back with another towel in her hands and then uncovered the still crying baby.

“Shh, Changmin ah.” She cooed and removed the partially wet clothes the baby was using and began padding the towel on the small body gently.

Hwaeun was his brother’s best friend since high school and was always the one he could turn to when they had problems or if they were ever in trouble. She even knows about his brother’s unusual body that it even allowed him to give birth to a baby.

She turned to him. “Junsu ah, flip the sign.” She said. “My shop’s closed for the night.” The younger nodded and went to twist the lock on the door, flipped the ‘open’ sign to ‘close,’ and then pulled the blind threads to cover everything inside from outside.

“What really happened?” she was finished drying the baby up. “I’ve known your brother for eleven years and he’s always been overprotective of you. At this kind of time, he usually won’t allow you to leave the house, but this time is kind of surprising. He allowed you to go out. In the night. Alone. And with Changmin. Without him.” She eyed Junsu like a mother would to her child who was just caught with his muddy hands, eating cookies. “So, what really happened?”

Junsu knew that he couldn’t hide anything from her. He knew how long they’ve known each other. Heck, Junsu grew up with her taking care of him.

He suddenly remembered the past.

They had lost their mother when Junsu was born, and their father didn’t bother taking care of them. Jaejoong took on the role of taking care of him when he was but a child himself. Seven years was the gap they had. Jaejoong was only seven when their mother died and their father left them to fend for themselves. To Junsu, Jaejoong was everything to him. A father, a mother, and a brother.

His older brother had always taken care of him and had decided to not pursue college in order for him to take care of Junsu. Jaejoong had taken on many part time jobs.

While he was working in one of the five shops he worked at, his brother was approached by a woman all of a sudden and he was given her business card. Jaejoong had rejected the business card, however, the woman had pressed on and continued to try persuading him.

The woman had told him a lot of stuff. That he had the looks and the body for it. That he should pursue modelling. At first, Jaejoong had continued to reject the offer, saying that he had a younger brother he was taking care of. He was only eighteen then…it had been four years when their father had suddenly disappeared on them, and Jaejoong was left to take care of his younger brother.

But then, the woman had started talking about money, and that was all it took to perk Jaejoong’s attention. He then started asking questions himself. When will the pay come? Will a pay in a month be able to help his brother for the mean time? And more. She had answered that he would be paid every two weeks and that yes, the money would be able to help his brother.

That was when Jaejoong asked how much the pay would be.

She told him.

Then his eyes had widened.

Junsu remembered when his brother was talking about it a few years ago. He watched how his brother’s eyes shone as he talked about the offer, as well as the money.

Jaejoong had taken the business card and had said that he will think it over.

He went home immediately when he and the stranger had parted and called for Junsu. The younger brother had stared at his older brother, confused as to why he was so happy. “What is it hyung?” he asked as he watched the grin on his brother’s face widen.

“Some woman approached me earlier,” he started, still giddy. “and she offered me a job that pays a lot of money.” Then he took out his wallet and showed Junsu the business card. “She told me to model for the company that she belongs to. I wanted to ask you though if it’s okay. If it isn’t, it’s okay.” His brother stopped with a thoughtful smile. “I don’t want to leave you here anyway. Since the job is based in Seoul, it means I have to leave you.”

Junsu blinked and then smile. “It’s okay hyung, you can go.” He said. “I feel sad watching you working so hard and juggling so many jobs. You don’t even eat and sleep right anymore. Have you seen how thin you’ve become?”

Jaejoong smiled at his younger brother. He may be eleven but he completely understood the situation.

“I can ask for Hwaeun noona’s help if I need any while you’re not here.” The younger suggested, and Jaejoong simply nodded. Hwaeun was the one person who understood him…besides Junsu. He knew she would take care of Junsu well.

The older smiled. “Well then, I have to talk to all my bosses.” He said and stood up from the dining chair and went over to the sofa where his bag lay and took out his phone and began dialling numbers as he wore his slippers and headed outside the house.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

Jaejoong had returned a few minutes later with that goofy grin on his face. Junsu smiled. His brother must really be happy to finally get that kind of job.

“I’ve called all five.” He said as he sat down on the chair beside Junsu. “They said that they feel bad for losing me to some stranger who suddenly appeared in front of me.” Then Jaejoong looked at the business card he held. “But at least with this, some of our problems may be lifted off my shoulders.”

Their father had left a trail of debts after he disappeared, and he had said that his son named ‘Jaejoong’ would pay everything for him.

That bastard. Junsu swore inwardly, since his older brother hated swearing, he prevented himself from swearing when his older brother was present.

His older brother had left for Seoul the next day and Junsu had moved in for while with Hwaeun.

But four years later, he returned half broken. Hwaeun had taken care of him and brought him to the hospital when Jaejoong had always felt sick. They didn’t know why, but one day he was fine, then all of a sudden, he was sick, and then he’d be well again, but he would be sick once again.

What the doctor told them was the most shocking for Junsu.

“He’s pregnant.” That was all the doctor said.

♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦

A.N: Hey there guys! First of all, I'd really like to apologize for the late update. For the first week of classes, my teachers gave unnecessary assignments all of a sudden each day, so I couldn't really find any time to update. But, yay, here's chapter 2 for this story. Once again, I apologize for its late update.

P.S: I thank you for all the subscribers and the comments this story has receieved :D Like the other stories, comments and subscribing can help with the story's update :D oh yes, btw, I might also update One Last Concert tomorrow, so I hope you guys look forward to it :)