LHLID oo9

Love Him Like I Did

 

Junsu stared. “E-excuse me?” he stuttered, not sure with what he just heard. The older man continued to smile. “I’m your cousin, Junsu ah.” The younger man was still staring, and without knowing, his head jerked and turned towards the only female in the room, who answered his questioning look with a shrug.

His so called ‘cousin’ chuckled and headed for the table Siwon was sitting on earlier, took a bag from under it, then zipped it open and began rummaging through the stuff inside the bag.

Meanwhile, the rest of the population in the room were silent, all that could be heard were the things inside Jungsu’s bag that were being shifted from side to side within the bag.

“Found it!” the said man exploded in a triumphant cry as he pulled out a notebook from the bag. He turned to Junsu with a smile and started to approach him.

Jungsu stood in front of him after a few steps with a hand stretching out the notebook towards Junsu The younger man eyed the notebook and it made Jungsu chuckle. “Go ahead and take it, Junsu ah.”

Still in a daze of confusion, Junsu took the notebook and looked up at Jungsu, who gave him a nod and gesture to the notebook. With his mind still not calm and all, Junsu looked down at the notebook and flipped it open.

With its outward appearance, the thing Junsu held looked like an average notebook, but once it is flipped open, the inside was like that of a book, Junsu thought silently as he flipped through the pages to see various pictures with descriptions written or pasted below each photo. His hand stopped flipping the pages when he encountered a certain two-paged part in the book that had faces of people on it.

A family tree.

Junsu scanned the faces until his gaze landed on the far right bottom of the page. He gaped at it.

On that part of the page was a picture of his older brother, and right next to it was a picture of him.

“What on earth?” Hwaeun murmured as she eyed the same page.

“Now look to the farthest left of the page.” Jungsu instructed and Junsu obeyed by turning his head to the left and coming face to face with a picture of a smiling Jungsu.

The youngest in the room, excluding the baby, was still too confused to swallow everything and proceeded to look around the page. His eyes landed on the far right once again and there he saw his father’s picture above his and his brother’s picture, and right beside their father’s picture was a photo of a very beautiful woman whose face he couldn’t remember…up until now.

His mother. Their mother.

“Jaejoong hyung looks a lot like her,” Junsu whispered as he felt tears come out and roll down his cheeks.

Nobody dared to try and touch him, and Junsu was happy with that. At the moment, only his brother could ease the sense of protection he wished for.

“She does, doesn’t she?” Jungsu agreed.

Curiosity flooded Yunho. A female that actually looked like Jaejoong? This could be interesting.

With that thought, Yunho stealthily went behind Junsu and looked at the area Jungsu had been instructing. But reality seems to have punched him in the face when instead of looking for a woman, he came face to face with the face of his lover…former lover.

Memories came rushing through his brain, and he tried his best not to show that turmoil that was happening in his mind at the moment. He took slow steps back.

“I apologize that we couldn’t take care of you and Jaejoong ah…” Jungsu said with an apologetic look as he took the book that Junsu had closed but held onto Junsu’s hand with the other. “but I’ve only come to know about Jaejoong ah’s and your existence when I received the revised version of the family book.” Jungsu pointed at the book. “And also, your father, I apologize for saying this, but he was a problem child, and he had done something in the past as soon as Jaea ahjumma’s death, which we thought was a disgrace to her name, so he was disowned. Our grandparents had cut connections with him, but they forgot about you and Jaejoong ah. However, I was curious about uncle’s children, so I’ve read the book and tried to find out about what you and your brother looked like. I did. I really.” He paused a bit and flipped the book open. Junsu thought it was the family tree page, but was surprised when he saw that Jungsu had flipped to a page where the left page was a picture of Jaejoong and the right was all about him.

“And a few months ago, a certain patient came over here while I was being an assistant doctor.” He ended.

Junsu paused for a bit. “That was Jaejoong hyung, wasn’t it?” Jungsu nodded.

“But I never knew our first meeting would be when I was helping him give birth to Little Changmin. I was really glad that I found him. I instructed the nurses to place Jaejoong ah in a VIP room after he delivered Changmin ah, and that was when I told him who I was.” 

Without thinking, Junsu bowed his head as he gripped the baby no too tightly. “Thank you for taking care of my brother.” That made Jungsu smile and place a hand on top of Junsu’s head. “Don’t mention it, that’s what families do.”

“I don’t want to break the idle chat,” Yunho said after finally calming down, “But I didn’t come here to waste my time and listen to this happily ever after mushy crap.” He eyed Jungsu. “I came here for only one reason. Only one, and listening to you guys is not it.” He looked at the child in Junsu’s arm. “I just wanted to know if I am that child’s father.”

Junsgu didn’t like his tone. “Didn’t you hear my husband earlier, Yunho ah?” he said with a glare up at the taller man. “I myself conducted the DNA testing, and there is no doubt that you are the father. But by the looks of it, you don’t want to be one.” The older man challenged, earning a narrow eyed look from Yunho. “It’s alright to disown Changmin ah, but don’t worry, we’ll take him in as our own since he is the son of Jaejoong. Besides, you and Siwon ah share the same blood, so if ever he has problems, we don’t have to call you.” Jungsu scolded. “We’ll adopt Changmin ah as soon as the court allows it.”

“Adoption my .” Yunho could feel anger boiling. He just couldn’t contain it.

It hurt when he let go of Jaejoong after finding out that he was cheating on him, but it hurt even more only to find out that what he thought of Jaejoong was wrong and that Jaejoong was honest from the very start.

It hurt when he was all alone in his house without the freedom he called Jaejoong to welcome him home after he worked.

And it really hurt that he wouldn’t be able to see the smile that he loved so much.

However, Changmin was his only connection to Jaejoong, so no way was he allowing adoption. Over his dead body!

“I will not allow adoption. Changmin is my child, he is my son. I will take responsibility.”

Junsu blinked and looked up at the man behind him.

“But he comes in a package though.” Hwaeun interrupted, and Yunho’s head sharply turned to him. “If you want to take Changmin ah, you have to take in Junsu as well.” She crossed her arms. “Jaejoong himself said that if you take Changmin ah, Junsu ah will also be included.”

Yunho’s head slowly turned straight to look down at the younger man that stood in front of him.

“Fine.” He gritted out. “I’ll take the younger brother as well.”

Jungsu turned to Siwon and smiled with a thumbs up, which Siwon answered with a smile.

Meanwhile, Junsu had remained still as he felt the scrutiny of the man who was a few feet away from him. Intimidating. He was beginning to wonder if letting him take care of them was a good idea anymore.

lineseparatord.png

A.N.: well hello there guys :D aishi is here to give you the very super, ultra, mega delayed update for this story, and I apologize for it >__> but anyway, I uploaded this as along with two other stories, so forgive me for that, please *puppy eyes* setting that aside, I hope you like his chapter...though I'm sorry it's a short chapter >__>

P.S.: Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors :P Here's the UPDATES POLL LINK