LHLID oo3

Love Him Like I Did

 

Junsu shivered as he remembered that.

Yes, it was weird how he got pregnant. But then the doctor said that he produced more female pheromones than male pheromones, thus allowing him to become pregnant. He was said to have been three months pregnant then, and his belly was beginning to bulge as well. 

The younger recalled how his brother reacted as well when he was told that he was pregnant. His brother was gay. Was the first thing Junsu thought of as soon as the doctor told him and Hwaeun about Jaejoong. How else would he become pregnant if he didn’t sleep with a man?

Junsu was fifteen when his brother returned from Seoul, and of course, he was a bit knowledgeable about relationships. But what surprised him is that his brother was actually gay. His older brother has never shown him any interest in men.

He had then realized why. Jaejoong was too busy taking care of him that he never saw what his brother was interested at.

Another thing that surprised Junsu was that Hwaeun wasn’t surprised one bit. When the doctors announced a lot of things, he was confused as to why she didn’t react to any of it. That was when he decided to confront Hwaeun about it.

“Noona,” he had asked her one day in her shop as he sat down on one of the chairs. “What is it, Junsu ah?” she asked as she came down the stairs and sat down on another chair. “Um…” he paused, still not sure how to approach the question, however, just decided to ask bluntly. “S…since when have you, er…um, well…Since when Have you known about my brother being…interested in men?” she had stared at him but sighed out. “I’ve known it for eight years now.” She answered honestly.

The younger stared with mouth wide open. “E-eight years?” he gaped, and Hwaeun nodded. “Yes, eight.” She then had a thoughtful look on her face. “I apologize for not telling you, Junsu ah. It’s just that I promised your brother that I wouldn’t tell you. He didn’t want you to think badly of him since he was never interested in the opposite .” She paused and looked at Junsu’s expressions. “He knew that he was gay in high school. I was the only person he could talk to back then, so we’ve pretty close from then on. He knew he was interested in men, but he never went on a relationship with them since he had to take care of you.”

Junsu frowned, but then felt guilty inside. He had deprived his brother of many things…college, his life, relationship…and maybe even his happiness. Junsu couldn’t help but feel upset that he had taken almost everything from his brother.

His eyes had gone blurry when he felt the pooling of tears as it continued to flow down his cheeks. “Aigo,” Hwaeun had sighed out and stood up to take a box of tissues then went to Junsu’s side and offered.

Jaejoong was in the hospital that time, and was to stay there for three weeks. Junsu didn’t know where to get the money to pay the expenses, but Hwaeun had assured him that she would take care of everything.

A year passed after that and Jaejoong had given birth to a beautiful baby boy he had named Changmin. Jaejoong adored the son and he had, and up till that time, he had never mentioned who fathered Changmin. There was a time Junsu had asked, but his brother had shaken his head with a smile. “It doesn’t matter, Junsu ah.” He his brother’s hair with one hand while he held Changmin in his arms with another. “You and Changmin ah are all I need. I don’t need anything else.”

But Junsu noticed the loneliness that filled his brother’s eyes whenever he would ask about Changmin’s father and has decided to stop asking about it.

With the work Jaejoong had gotten in Seoul, they managed to pay all the debts their father had left for Jaejoong and they lived happily. Hwaeun was often in their house since she also adored her god child and would sometimes take care of him when Jaejoong had gone to the hospital for his monthly checkups.

But their happiness was short lived.

A few months later, their father had left more debts in their trail and all the people he asked debts from had visited them and asked Jaejoong to pay. He didn’t know what to do then, but he promised them that he would pay them all.

It was alright…for now. Jaejoong had gone back to working, but this time, he worked at Hwaeun’s shop as a waiter. The pay wasn’t much, and he wanted to work more, but he was afraid of what will happen to Changmin. Junsu was a high school scholar, so his tuition fees were free, and he didn’t have time to take care of his nephew.

Jaejoong didn’t want to be selfish and decided to keep the problem to himself.

However, every day, one by one, the people started to gather outside their house. Jaejoong didn’t know what to do then. He still didn’t have enough money. But he asked for another chance, but to no avail. One of them had suddenly come up and looked Jaejoong over. “You have a fine body though,” he stated, and Jaejoong knew where that conversation was going. “why not sell it every now and then? You know, ion pays big.”

That job was not an option. “I can’t.” he rejected the offer. “I have a brother and son to feed.”

They had glared at him then. “Tomorrow, we will take your brother and son and sell them then instead.” Jaejoong’s eyes had opened wide. “Oh, please no!”

Junsu could remember that look of horror from his brother’s eyes as he watched them from the shadows. He couldn’t even believe that that exchange just happened a few hours ago. After they thought that the people had left, Jaejoong had immediately pulled Junsu, who showed himself and took Changmin from his bed. “Junsu ah,” he said as he gave Changmin to Junsu. “We have to go, now.”

Jaejoong opened the door, to find that some of them were still standing outside.

Crap. Jaejoong thought as rain had decided to show itself in this dramatic event.

“RUN!” he didn’t noticed that he shouted it, but he did. He pulled Junsu by the arm and they bolted. “They’re trying to escape!” Jaejoong heard one of them scream in alert and that was when he heard the various footsteps that were behind them.

“Junsu ah, you have to hurry.” Jaejoong urged his brother who was a few steps behind. “Yes hyung.” He answered as they ran through long allies. In Gongju, it wasn’t usually crowded in the night, and that gave them the chance to run around easily.

However, Junsu had tripped on a rock, and Jaejoong had returned to help him stand up. “Junsu ah, get up.” He said, and the younger tried to stand. Unfortunately, they were starting to hear the footsteps getting nearer and nearer.

Jaejoong knew he can’t save them if he was with them and looked up at the sky as the rain continued to pour. Why must the rain match up with this tragic event?

He sighed out and then reached for behind his neck and unclasped the necklace he had never taken off for three years and gave it to his brother. “Take this and don’t let go.” And then he dug his hands in his pocket and pulled out a plastic covered cell phone and gave it to Junsu as well. “Look through the contacts and call the first number you see there and show him the necklace if he needs any proof or something.” He instructed and watched the expressions that washed over Junsu’s face. “Alright? I’m sure he’ll help you if you show it.”

Then he took Junsu by the arms. “Junsu ah, listen to Jaejoong hyung very well, okay?” Junsu had nodded, and he was glad that his brother was brought up to be obedient. “Run, alright? Run. Keep running and don’t look back. Even if you hear me shout okay? Protect Changmin for me.”

This was the last time he was going to see his brother and son. He didn’t expect it to be this way. He thought that the last time he would see them would be when he was already old enough to see their own families. But he was wrong. He won’t even be able to see his son and brother grow to be the men that he had taken care of and loved.

Tears were pricking his eyes.

“Now go.” He whispered, hearing that the footsteps were getting closer and closer. “Run, Junsu ah, and don’t look back.” And like the good boy that he was, Junsu obeyed and started. But Jaejoong didn’t hear his footsteps continue. “Hyung,” he heard him whisper from behind, and he turned to look at his brother’s anguished face. “I love you.”

That did it. Tears rolled down his cheeks, but it was good that the rain concealed it.

“I love you too, Junsu ah,” he smiled sadly. “Now go.”

He watched his brother run with that sad smile, and turned around to see that the people had reached him already. They had bats, sticks, rods, whips, and ropes. What in the world did you get yourself into, you stupid old man. Was the last thing he thought of when his world had suddenly gone black. 

♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦     ♦

A.N: WHy do I have a feeling that this chapter is a bit confusing? Well, anyway, lemme just summarize a bit, this chapter is Junsu's memory of what has happened since a few years ago up to the current time. He was recalling what had happened, and in the last parts, is Jaejoong's POV of when they were running away from the loan sharks...or some people similar to that XD I apologize if it's a bit confusing. 

P.S: I feel like laughing. This is like my story that has 3 chapters so far but has the most subscribers XD I wanna thank the subscribers for your support for this story. I apologize if this chapter is a bit complicated to understand, but I'll make sure to let the next chapter be more appealing. Subscribers and comments are much appreciated. I'm sorry if there are any typographical errors.