LHLID o12

Love Him Like I Did

||A.N.: well...okay, so these chapter has 2 POVs, so yeah...omg, why do I feel like I when I wrote this chapter??? Goodness, I just hope you guys like it :D||


|| Hyunseung’s POV ||

Yunho found himself seated inside Hyunseung’s office with a cup of coffee in his hand.

Hyunseung eyed the man under hooded eyes. This wasn’t how his cousin usually acted, but then again, Jaejoong or anything related to Jaejoong was the only one in his hyung’s life that could evoke such emotions into the usually emotionless man.

The younger could hear how the older man’s cluttered against its plate.

He was shaking.

What happened?

He did not know.

“Is there something wrong hyung?” he finally asked after a long period of silence. Yunho raised his head sharply, and it made Hyunseung frown. His cousin had eyes filled with guilt, sadness, anger, and despair.

They had been sitting in silence for almost fifteen minutes.

Hyunseung saw his cousin’s mouth twitch and open, indicating that he was going to answer the former’s earlier question, but before he could hear a reply, his phone broke the silence and rang, but instead of picking it up, Hyunseung stared at it for a while, picking up bad vibes from just the ringing itself.

“Aren’t you going to pick that up?” Yunho asked the younger man who now had his hand holding the phone but still not pulling it from the receiver.

He shook his head, then the phone stopped ringing, but it started to ring once again.

Hyunseung sighed and chose that time to pull the phone from the receiver and placed it against his ear. “Yes, good evening. Jang speaking.”

A pause, which was followed by a swear, making Yunho stare at his cousin. Then that was when another string of swear words came, and Hyunseung stood from his former position to get a hold of his car keys that he had flung behind.

“Make sure nobody touches anything, and I mean nobody, alright?” the younger said in an authoritative tone. “Gather the witnesses as well.” Another pause. “Right. I will be there in five minutes.” Then he put the phone down and groaned, massaging his temple.

Yunho’s back had tensed and he suddenly sat straight. “Is there something wrong?” he finally found the courage to ask the other man after seeing the expressions that ran through Hyunseung’s eyes.

The latter was quiet for a few seconds, still massaging his temple, however, he finally found time to look at Yunho, but the expression on his face was something Yunho did not like. It was as if Hyunseung was about to say something he didn’t even want to hear.

“They found blood in the area that Junsu ah and Jaejoong ah parted.” Yunho’s eyes widened at that. “The first thought that came to me was that Gongju’s streets do have blood on them, but the thing is, my men reported that it’s fresh blood, and right beside it, a necklace, that must’ve been Jaejoong ah’s was found.” Yunho put his cup down and stood up as well. “Well then, let’s go.” Hyunseung nodded and then put his coat back on and headed to his door, with a still not-able-to-understand-the-situation Yunho behind him.

Both men exited the building and Hyunseung started to head for the direction of a car that was parked in front of the building itself.

The younger entered the car after the car lights blinked, indicating that it was opened. Hyunseung hurriedly entered the car and pulled on the seatbelt. That was when Yunho chose to enter the car as well and pull out his seatbelt, and with both men secured, Hyunseung pulled away from the driveway of his office.

Not that long later, they arrived outside Hwaeun’s shop, which wasn’t that far from where they were going.

Hyunseung parked his car and jumped out, and Yunho followed.

When they got out of the car, they headed for the area that had gathered a large crowd. As they approached, various barriers were made. Some security men had set up walls of themselves since people seemed to have been trying to see what was happening, as well as ‘Police only beyond this point signs.’

Some men had noticed them in the crowd and had greeted Hyunseung, who answered them with a simple raise of his hand.

As he surveyed the surroundings, he had seen the tape markings that circled a red blemish on the ground.

That must’ve been the blood that was reported.

Seemingly curious, Hyunseung turned a bit and took hold of Yunho’s wrist and pulled him to the direction of the blood and stared at it as soon as they were just a feet away from it.

Despite the dim lighting, Hyunseung had seen his cousin’s eyes widened at the sight of the blood. “It does look fresh.” The latter had said randomly, making Hyunseung want to chuckle, but the younger man bit his lip in order to not embarrass the older man.

“Hyunseung ssi.” a man had approached them, making Hyunseung turn away from his cousin and look at the man who had saluted him, and he replied with a raised hand as well.

“Like you had instructed, unit four has arrived after gathering the witnesses, and they are currently with unit six who had arrived under no direct orders.” The man started, and Hyunseung frowned. What on earth was the sixth unit doing in Gongju when they should be back in Seoul?

“Also, unit five has arrived as well and had informed me that loan sharks are not within the premises.” Hyunseung nodded, thinking that the report was over, however, the man in front of him raised a gloved, open palmed hand, which showed a bloodied necklace.

Hyunseung looked at his older cousin, whose eyes had widened once again, but this time, he could see Yunho’s body tremble as he reached out for the necklace.

“We had analyzed the necklace’s handprints and took into consideration if we could get any leads on the men that the witnesses had talked about, however, as we got the notes on the handprints, there was only one person whose data we could take, and it was Jaejoong ssi.”

|| Yunho’s POV ||

Yunho bit his lower lip as he listened to the report, not too sure if he could stand any of what was being said anymore.

As soon as he saw the necklace, he felt his body going numb.

He would remember that necklace anywhere, because he was the one who had it made. It took him days to come up with a design that Jaejoong will like, and made it into a locket so that his young lover could put any photos he liked.

He remembered how Jaejoong’s face beamed as the older man gave the locket to him, along with an unbreakable chain.

Back then, the necklace had been a bright, silvery, and shiny heart shaped locket, but at its current state, the only thing Yunho could think of doing was vomiting.

The locket, as well as the chain, were covered with a crimson color, which clearly told him that it was blood. Really, he wanted to cry now.

Yet another memory began to slip itself through his thoughts as he remembered the day that he and Jaejoong parted. That was the last time he saw Jaejoong. He clearly remembered how Jaejoong had been trying to interrupt him as he exploded at the younger man, saying that he wanted to explain. But Yunho remembered saying that ‘Who on earth would listen to the explanations of a like you?

The face Jaejoong made that day was still as clear as a mirror.

Yunho wanted to vomit as he continued to look at the necklace.

Jaejoong would still be alright if you let him explain.

The necklace you’re holding would have been clean if you had only listened to Jaejoong.

Junsu and Changmin wouldn’t have lost Jaejoong if you had only listened to him.

Those were the thoughts that were thrown at him as he mentally tortured himself, completely agreeing that he should have listened to Jaejoong explain back then, but no. He didn’t. He thought of keeping his pride intact instead and threw Jaejoong out of his life.

And here he was, staring at the once pretty necklace, now covered in blood and dirt.

He had then enclosed his hand around the locket, only to feel the small thing pop itself open.

Seeing what was inside was the last straw.

The right side of the locket had a picture of baby Changmin and Jaejoong in the hospital. The new mother had a huge smile on his face as he carried the sleeping Changmin in his arms. Yunho swallowed the lump in his throat as his eyes turned to the left picture.

It had been a picture of him and Jaejoong.

He couldn’t stand it any longer, and with weak and wobbling legs, fell to the ground, as he clasped the necklace in between his hands and cried.

Cried his heart out after five long years.

Cried his heart out for the life that he has considered his sunshine.

Cried his heart out for the person that brought back light into his dim world.

Cried his heart out for the one person he had always loved…

Up until now. 

 

 

 

||A.N.: I chapter with drama...I think I failed in writing this chapter though >__> but anyway, yeah. Yunho you , why didn't you let Jae explain. That's why sometimes I don't really like men with a huge pride. If I married one and he beat up the bush around with it, I would've grabbed onto his so called pride and threw it, along with him, off a cliff >__>

OMFG, I dunno...did you guys like it??? REALLY, I think i failed at writing this, and one of the reason I think I failed in writing it is because I finished it at 2:15 in the morning (WTF?) I think I should sleep now, but oh well XD

P.S.: At the moment, I am a bit too tired and sleepy to reread and check it, so I apologize for any errors D: please let me off the hook today? (with a y yunjae ontop) LOL XD anyway, for this one, I'd be using the same poll XD UPDATES POLL LINK ||