The Morning After

Most likely to be...

--H POV—

Yawn.

I stretch and blink at the bright sunshine poking through the window. I roll over to check the time, 7:30am. I look around the room to see only Yesung hyung still in his bed. Ah, Ryeowook hyung must be awake already.

Sniff. Sniff sniff.

Awake and making breakfast that is. Yes!

I pull on a fresh shirt and bound towards the fragrant smell of bacon and eggs wafting from the kitchen.

“Morning hyungs!” I call to Leader and Kibum hyung who were sipping their morning coffee and watching the news. They answered back with smiles and a nod as I waltzed into the kitchen to find Hangeng ge, Ryeowook hyung and you at the stove. Flipping eggs, frying bacon, pouring cereal, making coffee, and juicing oranges – all at the same time. Such sorcery! I can’t even pour cereal without spilling some out!

you: Oh! Morning Henry!

I snapped out of my daze. “Morning,” I answered.

you: Take a seat outside, we’re nearly done.

I slowly leave the kitchen, scratching my head. “Did you guys..?” I wondered out loud.

Leeteuk: Yep, amazing right? They must have been professional chefs in their past lives.

 

 

--you POV--

I slip the key into the lock and quietly open the door into Super Junior’s dorm. Their new dorm – a present for their 7th anniversary. All 15 boys moved into a double level dorm which split them into rooms of 3. Ryeowook, Yesung and Henry shared a room on the first floor, with Donghae, Eunhyuk and Siwon as their neighbours. The rest slept upstairs. Heechul, Hangeng and Zhoumi near the bathroom, Leeteuk, Kibum and Kangin opposite, and Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Shindong adjacent to them.

I grabbed the bags of groceries and crept towards the kitchen. No one should be up yet taking last night’s events into consideration and the fact that most of the boys are late-risers…so how does one explain the yellow glow coming from the kitchen at 6:30am in the morning?

I poke my head around the corner and see a tall figure taking a tablet and drink of water.

“Good morning…” I whispered and the figure turned around.

Hangeng: Good morning you. You’re early.

“Not as early as you.” I replied, setting the bags down on the bench.

Hangeng: Can’t sleep with this hangover…plus, gotta prepare breakfast for 15.

you: Well, now that I’m here. Your workload can be cut in half!

?: And in half again!

you: Eunhyuk?! You’re super early!

Eunhyuk: Of course! Gotta be awake before Kyuhyun to lay all the traps and pranks.

Hangeng: Oh right! How is that all going?

you: Great! Ryeowook and myself got ourselves a lot of blackmail material from a drunken Kyuhyun.

Eunhyuk: And I just set Shisus as the background wallpaper and disabled the taskbar for all of Kyuhyun’s laptops.

Hangeng: You know his password?

Eunhyuk: Oh, it’s not hard to guess~

you: Alright, let’s get this show on the road.

 

 

--EH POV—

“The hard-boiled eggs are done!” I alerted. you grabbed the pot and strained the eggs into ice-filled water. What is she doing?

“What are you doing?” I ask, “Egg salad?”

you: Nope.

She strained the eggs and took them over to the fridge.

“Oh! I didn’t think of that!” I wowed after figuring out the prank she was setting up.

you: The idea sparked in my head after seeing the milk you set up. Anyways, it’s time to wake them up.

“Alright!” I call, grabbing a pot and wooden spoon. “Morning call.”

Leeteuk: I dibs upstairs.

“Not fair!” I rush after him and his bottle of water.

 

 

--RW POV—

Ahh. That was a refreshing shower.

I walk back to the room to find Eunhyuk bashing at his pot, trying to wake Yesung up.

Eunhyuk: Yo, breakfast is ready.

“Ok.” I answered, “Yesung, Ddangkkoming escaped again.”

Yesung: Wha?! Where?

“In the dining room. If you don’t hurry up, Hangeng might cook it.”

Yesung: Ahh! Ddangkkoming!

Eunhyuk: …

“You owe me one.” I stated after Yesung rushed out of bed towards the dining room.

 

I take a seat at the long table next to Henry with Eunhyuk opposite.

you: Here’s your omelette.

“Thank you.” I thank as I see Kyuhyun enter from the corner of my eyes.

I roll up my omelette carefully like origami and was about to take a bite when…

Kyuhyun: Ah!

He pointed to the tv, we all turned to look. By time we figured out that what we were told to look at wasn’t all that important, it was too late. My omelette was gone. Kyuhyun was choking something down. My omelette was gone. Kyuhyun was still choking. My omelette was gone! Kyuhyun gulps down Kangin’s orange juice. My omelette! Where’s my omelette?!

It was then that Kyuhyun spoke and interrupted my inner screaming thoughts.

Kyuhyun: I didn’t know you were trying spicy omelettes today…and is it just me or is the juice really sour today.

Heechul: Hey! Stop being picky and just eat.

Kyuhyun: Fine. I’ll go make my own. And where’s the milk?

Hangeng: In the fridge.

Heechul: You. Don’t answer his stupid questions.

“U-um, what just happened?” I asked, totally out of it.

you: Long story.

you winked and plopped one of her omelettes onto my plate.

Ahh, Phase two of the Kyuhyun project has begun.

 

 

--KH POV--

After cleaning my face of Leeteuk’s spit, I walk downstairs and into the dining room to find everyone already beginning to eat.

I see Ryeowook carefully rolling up his omelette like origami. Hmm, the omelettes look nice today.

“Ah!” I exclaim, pointing towards the tv screen.

Idiots.

Nom. I clean the omelette from an unsuspecting Ryeowook’s fork. Hmm, not too bad. A bit too much pepper though. Or is that spicy tomato sauce. Augh, it’s heating up. I cough at the heat restricting my throat. Water! I need water! Ah! Juice! Eww, why is it so sour? Ahh, better than nothing. The fire in my mouth was finally put out.

“I didn’t know you were trying spicy omelettes today…and is it just me or is the juice really sour today.” I said to Ryeowook, then Kangin.

Heechul: Hey! Stop being picky and just eat.

“Fine. I’ll go make my own.” I shout back at him, grabbing my bowl of dry cereal. “And where’s the milk?”

Hangeng: In the fridge.

Heechul: You. Don’t answer his stupid questions.

I breeze into the kitchen, a place where I don’t often go, and open the fridge. Eggs, eggs, eggs. Ah these ones. I grab a handful of them and bring them over to the pan.

Crack, crack. This one’s a dud, the shell’s too thick.

Crack. This one’s better…but is the egg white meant to be so white?

Crack. This one too?

I know I haven’t perfected my cooking yet…but I’m not this bad.

I dispose of the eggs and hide them well under the rubbish lid. Hmm, cereal it is then.

“I don’t see the milk!” I call out.

Hangeng: “It should be in there!”

Heechul: Hey! What happened to making omelette?

“I changed my mind!” I answer. “I only see soy milk!”

Shindong: I finished the soy milk yesterday!

“What’s this then?” I say, carrying my bowl and milk back out to the room. “It’s green.”

Heechul takes the bottle from my grip and inspects it.

Heechul: Smells like full cream milk.

He then pours the lumpy, pale green milk into his second bowl of cereal.

Heechul: It tastes fine! Now sit down and eat.

I cringe in disgust.

“I think I’ll just have toast and coffee.” I mumble and sulk back to my room after grabbing a plain, non-exciting breakfast.