The Short-tempered Maknae

Most likely to be...

--you POV--

It's true that Kyuhyun has a short temper. It's no wonder why he always gets his ways...everyone's too scared of him to say no. And just like this time, it didn't take long for him to strike back with a counterattack, albeit a messy one at that. With no trace of evidence left from our previous pranks, he blindly attacks all and hopes for the best. But we all know that he has a plan in his mind, he always has a plan ready. Never underestimate him, but don't he underestimate me. It's a good thing that I'm a light sleeper and peeked through the bottom of my eyelids to find out that it was Kyuhyun behind the prank. Who knew he'd use his favourite smudge-proof eyeliner just for this? Never underestimate a man on a mission. 

I unpack my things from my bags and grab my keycard, ready to head down to breakfast.

 

An array of smells and colours excite my senses. All sorts of food and drink in differently sized jars and on differently shaped plates.

?: you! Over here!

I look around and see Leeteuk waving from the long table where the members were seated.

"Is everyone here already?" I ask, scanning the area - hoping to spot the guys before Kyuhyun gets to them first.

Leeteuk: Yes.

Ryeowook: Ah you! Quickly, quickly! We need to grab the food before it's all gone!

He grabbed ahold of my arm and dragged me towards the serving benches.

"Strawberries?" I asked as he piled his plate full of the sweet, red fruit.

He replied with a smile and rushed back to the table with the plate before I could say anymore. 

I browsed past the fruit section and headed towards the jugs of drinks. 

"Donghae.." I started, "the glasses of milk back at the table aren't yours by any chance are they?"

Donghae: ...those are for you.

Yesung: Mind if I take one for my coffee?

Donghae: Nooo!

Shindong: You know..if it hasn't worked already...it isn't going to anytime soon...

Donghae: It will work! I will grow taller!

"Ooh, bacon." I exclaimed sighting bacon on Shindong's plate. 

Shindong: Yup, there's lots in the hot food section!

I bound over to the hot food section with my empty plate but stop in my tracks when I nearly bump into Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun: You still have some eyeliner under your chin.

"Oh?" Before I could even reach for a tissue, Kyuhyun had already moved to rub the residue off.

Kyuhyun: There. I can't believe the prankster drew a beard on you.

"Me neither! A goatee and some sideburns would have been more creative!" I joke, testing the waters.

Kyuhyun: You're not angry?

"If it helps someone relieve their stress then it's all good. That's what this trip is for anyway, right?" I flash him a thumbs up. He nods and collects his seafood omelette from the chef behind the counter, murmuring something inaudible and slowly walkng off.

I grab some bacon, sausage and a crossaint while waiting for my sunshine eggs. I look over at the table and see most members already seated and eating.

?: Let me carry that for you.

"Teukie!" I call after the man that stole my plate.

 

Leeteuk: Okay! Let's have a toast to start off on our holiday! Cheers!

16 glasses of an assortment of coffee, milk, strawberry juice, water, coke and tea were raised and clinked together, then downed to officially celebrate the beginning of the holiday.

Hopefully everyone can fully relax and not have much to stress about...Ah! I didn't get a chance to relay a warning!

?: Hey!

 

 

--KH POV--

"1 seafood omelette please." I order from the chef manning the frying pan in the hot food section.

Hmm, I'm sharing a room with Heechul, Hangeng, Ryeowook and Yesung...so I'm in no hurry to test them...

I idly pick up the bottle of tomato sauce and spot another red bottle further along the bench. I put down the bottle of tomato sauce and reach for the other one. The label card on the table reading: Chilli sauce. Perfect. 

I notice a flash of red from the left so I casually put down the bottle on the table edge. I turn to see you rushing this way and falling short of a collision with me.

 

"You still have some eyeliner under your chin." I point out and proceed wipe it off - not because of guilt, definitely not because of guilt.

you: Oh? 

"There." I say after cleaning the eyeliner off. "I can't believe the prankster drew a beard on you."

you: Me neither! A goatee and some sideburns would have been more creative!

She's not angry? She's even cracking jokes this early int the morning..."You're not angry?"

you: If it helps someone relieve their stress then it's all good. That's what this trip is for anyway, right?

I nod at her thumbs up and collect my seafood omelette from the chef behind the counter, not forgetting to subtly grab the bottle of sauce from the table edge. 

I'm not going to be derailed. This is the perfect chance to get back at them!

 

It's been a few minutes after our toast and everyone is already digging through their breakfast.

Heechul: Hey!

Leeteuk: What's the matter?

Heechul: He stole my food!

Kangin: Hehe. I thought you were done with it since you didn't touch it.

Heechul: I'm waiting for it to cool!

Here's an opening! I reach across the table and stab at another piece of egg from off Heechul's plate.

Heechul: Hey! Not you too!

you: Everyone calm down. This is a buffet you know - all-you-can-eat style. There's no need for food stealing.

Heechul: Yeah! And if you ask nicely, you know I'll give you one since I'm your favourite hyung.

Nope. Definitely not him. He's still the usual doting hyung that I know.

2 passed, 14 left.

Zhoumi: Can someone please pass over the salt?

I casually grab the sugar bottle and pass it to you who then passes it to Zhoumi. Without even double-checking, he shakes the contents onto his scrambled eggs.

Wait for it...

He takes a big bite that then slows down...and decides to shake more "salt" onto his eggs.

Wait for it...

He screws his face up in confusion. 

Henry: Can I please get some more tomato sauce?

"Here, I'll do it for you." I offer and squeeze the sauce onto his plate spelling his English name.

Henry: Thanks hyung!

Zhoumi: Umm, could I get some sugar?

This time, the "sugar" is passed down through the hands of Eunhyuk and Sungmin towards Zhoumi.

Henry: This tomato sauce tastes funky.

Hmm, Zhoumi didn't react like I expected...nothing seems suss about him.

3 passed, 13 left.

*cough cough*

Henry on the other hand...is starting to show the signs.

I sip on my coffee as his coughing begins to escalate.

Ryeowook: Hey, are you okay?

*cough cou-cough cough*

Donghae: Hey! That's my milk!

Henry: ..I'll, I'll get you another one.

*cough cough*

Henry: You!

I pretend not to hear and keep munching on my omelette.

Hangeng: Hello?

Hangeng waved his hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention. I fake a small shock and give him a confused look.

Hangeng: I think Henry's trying to talk to you.

I slowly turn towards my left feigning innocence at the red-faced teen.

Henry: Don't give me that look! I know it was you! It was revenge wasn't it?

"I don't know what you're talking about." I respond back to the accusation.

Henry: Well I do!

"Oh?" I perked at his statement.

3 passed, 12 left, 1 major suspect.