The calm before the storm

Most likely to be...

It was a typical night out with the boys. Being backstage at a performance and waiting anxiously for the precious 4 minutes of showtime. While backstage staff were hecticly running around to organise the stage for every artist, everyone was getting into their calm zones.

 

Leeteuk was sleeping on the couch; 

 --LT POV--

We're on stage in the second half of the performances, which means we have 30 minutes before show time, which means I have 25 minutes to sleep, which means I need to find a sleeping place. I look around the room. It's nice to have a private backstage room for once, although it's smaller and has less ideal sleeping places. The number 1 sleeping place, the couch, is already taken by Heechul, Han Geng, Zhou Mi and you. Poor Han Geng, being made to be the photographer for the models: Heechul and Zhou Mi. So...the next best thing, a corner by the window. I turn to face the window but I see that it's already been taken too by Ryeowook and Sungmin. Ah, I'm happy to see their radio hosting gig at Sukira go so well. They're growing up so quickly. Hmm, if only I could sleep at the make up bench..if it wasn't already seating the gaming kings, toddlers and food junkies.

Siwon: "Pray with me." I jump at the hand that grabbed my shoulder from behind. I clasp my hands together. Ahh, does an awesome leader like me need to sleep on the cold, hard floor again?!

you: "Teukie." I hear from the direction of the couch. As I walked towards her, she got up from the couch and offered her seat.

you: "You can sleep here, I'll sit on the floor." She smiled while she waved me to the couch. I love this girl.

"Ahh, thank you! I love you!" I told her as I gave her a big hug, which garnered some stares and coughs from the others. I sit down, get comfortable, lean my head to the side and then drift off to sleep.

 

Han Geng, Zhou Mi and Heechul were taking funny selcas of and with the sleeping leader;

 --you POV--

"I love you! I love you!" Heechul mimicked hugging onto Han Geng and Zhou Mi.

"Stop it~" said Han Geng pushing Heechul off of himself.
 
I couldn't control the blush that was creeping up onto my cheeks and blooming like flowers. 
 
"Shhh, speak softer..." Zhou Mi warned.  
 
“Maybe we can go over to the entrance. The door will make a good backdrop for your selcas.” I suggested, looking towards the entrance.

“No, they don’t need a backdrop with their big heads,” said Han Geng.

“What? My head isn’t big. It’s just that my shoulders are narrow, okay?” Zhou Mi defended.

“Ah ah ah~ I know what would make a good back drop!” Heechul exclaimed, rubbing his chin and staring at Leeteuk.

“Ah, I’m not being a part of this.” I quickly said as I made my getaway as Heechul started snapping pictures.

 

Kibum and Kyuhyun were playing Starcraft while Donghae and Henry were watching and picking up new skills;

 --DH POV—

Ahh, so that’s how it’s done. I watch all the clicks carefully and take mental notes.

Kibum: "Remember to practice as much as possible. You need to spend a lot of time on this if you want to become a pro like me."

Got it. Practice, practice, practice…and ask Kyuhyun for help~

you: “Hey, learnt anything?”

Henry: “Yup!”

“Of course!” I said, gesturing a thumbs up.

Kibum: “With me as their teacher, they’ll be pros in no time.”

Kyuhyun: “Muahahaha, you can’t beat the GameKi and GameKyu!”

We all laugh along with Kyuhyun as he typed what he said into the chat in the game.

you: “Oh!” She exclaimed in amusement. I peer closer in to the game screen and also exclaim. Haha, GameKyu doesn't live up to his name?

Henry: “Hahaha, seems like they don’t believe you!”

you: “Is this an imposter?” she said, placing a hand onto Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

Kyuhyun: “I’ll show you just how real I am!” and got up out of his chair, threatening you with a tickle punishment.

Haha, one of the other opponents typed that they were the real GameKyu. Ah…no one seems to believe that we are Super Junior online. Even in flesh, Kyuhyun is still sometimes unrecognized.

Kibum: “Ahh, seems like GameKyu needs to practice more~”

 

Ryeowook and Sungmin were sitting by the window quietly chatting;

--SM POV--           

“Ah, Ryeowook, good job today at Sukira!” I said as I took a seat on the floor opposite him by the window. I took a swig of water and glanced around the lively room. “Why are you sitting here by yourself?”

Ryeowook: “Hm? I wanted some fresh air,” pointing at the open window.

“Ahh, I see.” I replied, understanding that backstage rooms can get hot and stuffy with so many members and staff. I see a shadow in my peripheral vision and snap my head up.

“Ah!” Ryeowook exclaimed as you lost her footing while backing away quickly from a very evil looking Kyuhyun. I spread out my arms just in time to catch her.

Kyuhyun: “Hold her still!” he ordered as he descended with his claws for fingers.

“What?” I asked with confusion as Kyuhyun started his tickle torture punishment on you.  It took a few seconds to register in my mind but after remembering why there is a very scared looking Ryeowook huddled against the window looking a bit traumatized, my hands then automatically moved to slap Kyuhyun’s hands away. “Stop it. Don’t bully a girl!”

Kyuhyun: “Huh? Hmph.” And he stomped off back to his laptop after obeying my orders for once.   

Ryeowook: “I want to be a girl,” he mumbled as he moved back to where he was sitting.

“Ah, that big little bully.” I said as I shook my head. “Are you okay? Are you hurt? You don’t look too good.” I asked a half-sane and coughing you.

you: “I-I’m fine…I think. Thanks Minnie.” She sat up and rubbed her sides. She reached out to grab onto Ryeowook’s clasped hands.

you: “We have to get our revenge!”

Ryeowook: “Yes. Later tonight!”

I could see the wild fire burning in both of their eyes. Kyuhyun, you better watch out. 

 

Siwon was praying;

--SW POV--

I stride ahead of Leeteuk and grab the handle of the door to our backstage preparation room.

Leeteuk: “Ah, gentleman Siwon!” He patted my shoulder as I held the door open and ushered them in. “Let’s all thank Siwon!”

SJ: “Thank you!” “Siwonnie! Thanks!” “Thanks!” “Thanks Siwon!”

I smile and nod back at the members. After closing the door, I place my bag down on the make up bench and grab out my bible. Kangin passes me chocolate bar but I decline it. Chocolate makes my throat go dry, and that's no good for a performance. Just thinking about that makes me thirsty! I pour myself a cup of water from the water cooler and look around the room. Leeteuk seems to be in his ready-to-sleep mode. I walk up to a lost-looking Leeteuk and pat him on the shoulder.

“Pray with me.” I tell him, wanting to calm him down. He clasps his hands together as I do the same. Please let this be another successful performance.

you: "Teukie." I look in the direction of the couch.

you: "You can sleep here, I'll sit on the floor." She smiled while she waved Leeteuk over to the couch. Ahh, this girl is a blessing. What did we ever do to deserve her?

Leeteuk drifts off to sleep and I go back to reading my bible.

Kyuhyun: “I’ll show you just how real I am!” I look over down the bench to see Kyuhyun get up out of his chair and proceed to chase after you with a tickle punishment. I pray for her wellbeing. Ah! She trips over her own two feet and falls backwards. Ahh, good thing for Sungmin’s quick reflexes. 

you: “We have to get our revenge!”

Ryeowook: “Yes. Later tonight!”

Ahh, Kyuhyun…seems like karma has come around for you. I pray that this foolish child won’t be too hurt. Bless him.

 

Eunhyuk, Shindong and Kangin were snacking;

--KI POV—           

Heh. It’s good to be back. Roughing it out on the battlefield has definitely taught me how to rough it in life and out on the battle stage. I do feel a little bit distanced from these guys but they’ve been very welcoming. Leeteuk organized a surprise party for me on the day that I rejoined them and we had a feast with Ryeowook’s cooking. Ryeowook’s cooking has definitely improved by miles within these few years! I’ve missed everyone so much.

Shindong: “Hey, Kangin, come sit here!” I walk over to the make up bench and set my things down. “Still hungry?”

Eunhyuk: “Not still, but again.” I saw that he had a packet of chips opened on the table. “Hey, no food sharing!” Eunhyuk slapped at Shindong’s pinching fingers. Haha, Eunhyuk is still the food stingy Eunhyuk I know. I take a seat beside Shindong and look at the mirrored wall in front of me. I’ve changed. I’ve physically gotten skinny and mentally gotten stronger. I know how precious every second of life is now, loud and clear.

Eunhyuk: “Here, you can share this.” He slides a chocolate bar out of his bag.

Shindong: “Are you sure?” Eunhyuk gave a wave and plugged in his earphones, continuing to snack on his chips. “Here, Kangin.”

“Thanks,” I said as Shindong handed me the chocolate bar.

Leeteuk: "Ahh, thank you! I love you!" *cough* He gave the girl a big hug. I nearly choked on my piece of chocolate. Since when did Leeteuk openly show his affection for anyone? Especially not for a girl. Maybe I’ve been gone for too long. you was her name I think. I’ve only spoken to her a few times. The members told me that she’s a secret. Whatever that’s meant to mean. I pass the chocolate bar to Siwon who was sitting further down the bench to the right of me but he declines the offer.

Eunhyuk and Shindong show me what I’ve missed.

Eunhyuk: “This is our 4th and 5th album: Bonamana and Mr.Simple!” Showing me the teaser and promo photos.

Shindong: “Ah, if only you were a part of these. These concepts suit you perfectly.” I look up from the photos and give them both a heart-warming smile.

“If you’re happy then I’m happy.” I say, patting both of them on the shoulder. A hand shoots up from behind Eunhyuk and steals a chip.

*crunch*

Eunhyuk: “Hey!” Ah, it’s that girl…you.

you: “I’m only taking one. You would’ve been perfectly fine if you didn’t turn around.”

Eunhyuk: “But it still feels weird~” Oh? He didn’t go crazy at her like he does at us when we eat his food.

you: “Come on, that packet of chips was probably half full to begin with anyway. That would’ve made you feel weird too.” She has a point.

Shindong: “So, what’s up you?” She stands up and moves to stand between Eunhyuk and himself.

you: “Ah, I wanted to ask the prank master for some tips to prank the evil Kyuhyun.” Her eyes full of determination.

 Shindong: “Ah, that’s going to be a little bit difficult…”

Eunhyuk: “I want to help! He steals my food all the time!” you gives him a high-five and welcomes him onboard the plan. She turns to face Shindong.

you: “I’ll treat you to Ramen King for a week!” She sure drives a deal you can’t resist.

Shindong: “Deal!” Shindong accepts the deal and the scheming commences. What trouble has Kyuhyun gotten himself into now?

 

and Yesung, just being the poltergeist that he is, floats around to all of the groups and joins in wherever he can.

--YS POV--

“Thanks.” I say to Siwon as I walk into the make up room. Wow. We get our own private backstage room now. Cool. Maybe I can bring along Ttangkkomi and Ttangkkoming next time!

There’s nowhere to sit. Hmm, maybe I’ll go visit all the members. Firstly, I go visit Eunhyuk, Shindong and Kangin.

“Thanks.” I said as I returned the borrowed mangas back to Eunhyuk. We chat about the plots for a while and then I move on to see what Ryeowook and Sungmin are doing.

We chat for a bit about a bit of everything, laughing and smiling. Ahh, it’s good being closer to these members. I love having so many brothers! It never gets too lonely. I start walking towards Kibum, Kyuhyun, Donghae and Henry, but as soon as I got close enough to see that Kibum was teaching them how to play Starcraft, I turned in the opposite direction. Hmm, maybe I’ll go take a look at what Siwon is doing.

Siwon was praying. I knelt beside him and prayed along. I felt a pat on my back and turned towards a smiling Siwon. I shone a smile back at him. I feel so at peace when I’m around him. Our actions speak louder than words.

10 minutes before show time. I get waved over to where Heechul, Zhou Mi and Han Geng...and become the photographer. I turn the phone around and try to selca with them but Heechul grabs his phone back and pushes me away. Heechul's so mean to me.

*knock knock* 

"Hello?" I yell in unison with a few others as I go and open the door. The team of make up artists and stylists storm into the room and the whirlwind of adrenaline begins.

 

--you POV--

After scheming with Shindong and Eunhyuk, I look at the clock hung above the entrance. 10:25pm.

*knock knock*

""Hello?" I call in unison with a few others as I see Yesung proceed to open the door. The gang of professional make up artists and stylists appear from behind the door, equipped with boxes and hangers, ready to get this show on the road. 

As the members put their things away and begin to get seated all around the room in an orderly manner, I go and wake Leeteuk up.

"Teukie~" I coo, shaking him by the shoulders. 

"Hrhn?" He snorts. "Oh, are we getting ready now? Ahh, that was a good sleep. Did I miss anything?"

"If you sleep tonight you will~" I teased, playing with my VIP pass that was hanging around my neck. "I'll go and find my seat now."

"Super Junior FIGHTING!" I yell. 

SJ: "FIGHTING~!"