Remembering

I'm sorry but I love you

 

Sohee POV:

            Jiyong just stared at Sohee for a long time.  He was down on his knees with a flower on his hand.  The smile that was once seen on his face was now fading away.  He expected Sohee to answer him.  He wanted a ‘yes’ but he would be contempt if she said ‘no’.  All he wanted was for her to say something, anything.  She was just sitting there on the swing with a confused look on her face.  It seems as she was trying to fit a puzzle in her head.  She then looked down and tried to speak but only mumbled.  Words did not come out of .  She was frozen as she realized that this scene was exactly like the dream.  Her dream had stopped before the boy turned around but she knew what happened next.  If she had not woken up at the time she did, the boy would had came toward her.  They would have introduced themselves and before he left, he would have grabbed a flower and asked her to marry him.  That dream was not only a dream, it had really happened in the past.  It was once a forgotten memory that has now become her reality.

            Jiyong now realized that it was a mistake to ask her out so quickly.  He placed the flower on her lap and stood up.  He scratched his head.  He didn’t know what to say to her now.  There was an awkward feeling between them.

“Just forget I asked.”  Jiyong told her in a sad and low whisper.

“Uhmm… sorry but I have to go.”  She quickly stood up and started to walk back to the arcade.

            Sohee was confused not only about her memory but about her feeling for Jiyong.  She still had feelings for Yonghwa but she felt something for Jiyong.  At first she did not know what it was but now it was clearer.  As a young child she always thought about the kid she met at the park and how he asked her to marry him.  As the years went by she slowing started to forget about him.  First his name, then his face, he faded in her memory.  That was until today.  That adorable kid from the playground was back in her life again.  He had been really sweet as a child, he had asked her to marry him and she agreed.  ‘We promised’. She remembered the promise they made when they were children.  She smiled.  Now that they found each other, he asked her to be his girlfriend.  ‘Does he want to keep his promise? Does he still want to marry me?’  She giggled at the thought.  She suddenly stopped walking and turned around.  She was at the edge of the park and could barely see Jiyong’s outline in the distance.  It was dark but she could see that he was still standing in front of the swing where she had been sitting.   She stopped smiling and felt bad.  She walked, no ran back to Jiyong.  She had to make things right.  It was very rude of her just to get up and leave like she did. 

            As she got close to him, she stopped running.  She looked at his sad face.  He was hurt and it was because of her.  She then remembered the way she felt at the party.  The moment when Yonghwa got up and left to talk to Seohyun her heart broke.  Maybe this is how Jiyong must feel at this moment.  Jiyong looked up at her and for a few seconds they just stood there staring at each other’s eyes.    Jiyong’s eyes were watery but he managed a smile.

“Do you have an answer for me?”  He reached down to grab the flower she had dropped when she stood up from the swing.  He once again stretched his hand out towards her.  The pretty flower was right in front for her to grab.

“Can I ask you something first?” 

“ok”

“Do you remember me from the park when we were little?”

“Yes,” He smiled with an embarrassed look.  “I asked you to marry me that day.”

“Did you know it was me the whole time?”  Sohee was curious to know if he had recognized her since they saw each other at the party.

“I knew it was you since you sat in front of me at the party.  I thought you would remember me but you didn’t.  I didn’t know how to tell you who I was, I hoped this would remind you, and it did.”   

            Sohee didn’t know what to say.  He had recognized her since the party and didn’t try to remind her about the first time they met.  She felt bad that she did not remember him since the party but how could she?  She was only four years old when they first met at the park. 

“That was a silly promise we made, wasn’t it?”

“Not that silly.”  Jiyong told Sohee.  He was still standing there holding the flower in his hand.  He then got closer to Sohee.  They were so close to each other that it made Sohee’s heart skip a beat.  He looked at her eyes and gave her a loving smile.  He ran his hand through her hair.  Jiyong then placed the flower on her hair decorating it. 

“You look really beautiful like this.”  These words made Sohee blush. 

“Do you still want me to answer?”

“No, that’s ok.  Let’s just go back to the arcade with Seungri and Sunmi.  You can just think about it and answer me later.”  Jiyong gave her a smile. 

            They both walked back to the arcade together.  Although they didn’t say much on the way back, they kept glancing at each other back and forth.  Jiyong would turn to look at Sohee and smile, and then Sohee would do the same.  They started talking about the day at the park when they were kids.  They laughed at their younger selves.  Jiyong laughed as he told Sohee how he kept thinking about her after the first day they met as kids.  He told her how his mom always made fun of him and never let him forget about her throughout the years. 

            Sohee on the other hand told him how she was too young to remember him but that she had a dream earlier that day that brought back the memories.  She was excited to have all the memories coming back to her.  As they got to the entrance of the arcade, Sohee spotted Sunmi and Seungri hugging.

“Jiyong look, they’re hugging!”

“Omo, that’s great.  I guess the plan worked and they confessed to each other.”  Jiyong was excited that his friend Seungri was finally with Sunmi.

            The two entered the arcade.  Sunmi noticed them coming in and she shyly let go of Seungri and stood next to him.  She had a huge smile on her face but was blushing.  Seungri on the other hand was not embarrassed at all.  He put his arm around her shoulders and stated that they were a couple now.  Both Jiyong and Sohee smiled.  Their plan to get their friends together had worked to the fullest.

“It’s time that we go home.  The last bus will come in five minutes.”  Sohee stated.

They all left outside and waited for the bus.  Sunmi and Seungri were whispering and giggling together.  Sohee and Jiyong stood together a few steps away trying to give them their privacy.  The girl looked at Jiyong with a smile, the thought of them knowing each other since childhood was crazy yet amazing.  Was this meant to be? Could she finally get over Yonghwa and fall for this guy?  For once she saw light at the end of the tunnel.  She knew her life could only get better form this point on.  When the bus arrived, they all got on and sat.  The new couple sat together in the crowded bus, there was only one seat left.  Jiyong let Sohee sit down and he was forced to stay standing up.  The bus started to move and Jiyong struggled to keep his balance.  He was holding himself up by holding on to the seat that Sohee was sitting on.  A few minutes passed and a car passed a red light.  It crossed the bus as they were both entering the intersection.  The bus made an abrupt stop.  Jiyong held on tight but started to fall over Sohee.  With his right hand holding on to the seat, he caught his fall with his left hand holding on to Sohee’s legs.  Jiyong and Sohee were face to face, their lips so close they could kiss.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well it is finally up! Sorry it took long but the life of a 20 year old university student who works full time is very busy.  Thanks all for patiently waiting for the upload.  I will try to make more time for my fanfics.

Thank you especially to @ilovewufan for commenting so much on this story! I appreciate it so much and you are welcome to continue expressing yourself.