The Party

I'm sorry but I love you

 

Sohee POV:

          Sohee was running around in her dorm trying to find her favorite pair of high heels.  She had a party to go to and she needed to look perfect.  The seniors at her University were having a party and she was finally invited to one.  She was only a sophomore but she had a huge crush on one of the senior boys from her math class.  He was sort of slow when it came to math but his looks were more than enough. 

“Sohee-ah, I found your red heels under my bed!”

Sohee ran towards her roommate Sunmi.  She was glad her best friend had found her heels.  Now nothing can ruin the most perfect night she will have. 

“Mimi saranghae! You are the best.”  Sohee then gave Sunmi a big hug. 

“Now hurry up and put them on, we are going to miss the bus.” Sunmi had given her roommate a little shove so that she would put on her shoes quickly.  They took one last look at themselves in the mirror.  They fixed their hair and patted their dresses and headed out the door.

          They got in the taxi and gave the man the address of the party.  The two girls looked at each other and giggled.  Their first actual party was about to begin.  They could not stop thinking about the boys they each had a crush on.  Sohee knew that Sunmi had a crush on a senior named Seungri but she had never met him before.  She hoped that he was friends with the boy she liked.  When they got to the party, they were overwhelmed by all the people who were there.  It was going to be hard to find their other friends who they were meeting there.

          The two girls walked around for a while.  They did not see their friends but they did recognize a few students from their classes.  Sohee saw Sooyoung, the girl who sits two seats away from her in Math class.  She was with her group of friends, nine in total.  They were the preppy ones on campus, they were really beautiful and most of the boys liked them.  Sohee wanted to be close to them but it was hard for her to talk to strangers and make new friends.  Sunmi really liked one girl in the group, Taeyeon. As soon as Sunmi saw Taeyeon she smiled and waved at her, Taeyeon returned her smile and waved back. Sohee then saw a few boys from her English class.  They always hung out together, but she only knew Yoseob and Kikwang.  They were a little older then her and usually only talked to the students from the same major as them.

“ Sohee-ah.  Look over there, Seungri is sitting next to Yonghwa! We need to go over there and talk to them.”  Sohee was startled when Sunmi shook her and pointed across the room. She looked toward the direction that her friend was pointing at and saw Jung Yonghwa.  Yonghwa was one of the most handsome guys in her math class and most girls liked him.  She had been so excited to see him at the party, but now she froze.  She was so nervous to talk to him outside of class.  Yonghwa was sitting with a group of guys on numerous couches surrounding the big table, in back corner of the room.  She noticed that the guy sitting to his right had dark short hair and a goofy smile on his face. ‘That must be Seungri,’ she thought. The others had their back towards her and she could not see any of their faces. She tried to hide her embarrassment as Sunmi pulled her toward the group of boys. 

“Mimi, I’m too nervous to talk to Yonghwa. What if he doesn’t like me and likes another girl instead?” Sohee whispered into her roommate’s ear.

“Don’t worry, you are really pretty.  He has to like you.” Sunmi reassured her friend.

            As they reached the table, Seungri looked up at Sunmi and called her over.  Yonghwa saw the two girls walking towards them and waved at Sohee.  This made Sohee blush even more than before.  “Hey Mimi.” Seungri was smiling at Sunmi and scooting over to make room for her to sit.   

“This is my friend and roommate Ahn Sohee.  She has the same major as me.” Sunmi introduced Sohee to everyone and made room next to her.  Sohee now had to sit between Sunmi and Yonghwa.  There was barely any room for her to sit; she would be squashed between to her crush and her best friend.  She bowed down to everyone being very respectful before sitting down. As soon as she sat she noticed another guy staring at her with a huge smile on his face.  He faintly looked familiar but Sohee could not remember from where.  He wasn’t in one of her classes, but she was sure they had met before.  She decided to ignore that thought and turned towards Yonghwa. 

“Yonghwa-shi, are you having fun at the party?”  Damn, wasn’t that a stupid question, she asked herself.  It was always hard for her to start a conversation with this cute boy. 

“Neh, I’m enjoying the party.  This girl I like came to the party, and I am hoping to talk to her.”  Sohee was filled with joy when she heard those words coming from Yonghwa’s mouth.  He was totally talking about her right? He liked her as much as she liked him.  Sohee needed to get the courage out to tell him how she felt.  She needed to tell him that she thought he was the cutest senior in the entire school and she wished they were boyfriend and girlfriend.  She took a deep breath and opened to speak.

“Yonghwa-shi, I want to tell you something.” She told him really excitedly.

“Hold that thought.  I have to go talk to somebody first.” He interrupted her and stood up without even looking at her.  With a smile on his face, he walked around the table and headed towards the group of nine girls.  He stood right in front of the girl named Seohyun.  She was the youngest in the group and seemed really shy when Yonghwa walked up to her. How could this be, Yonghwa was not talking about her, he was talking about Seohyun.  Sohee felt like the biggest idiot in the world.  How could she let herself believe that a senior would ever lay eyes on her?  Was she crazy?  Was she blind that she did not see he like someone else?  She felt the tears building up in her eyes.  There was a knot in .  She needed to leave, needed to go anywhere but stay there.  She looked at Sunmi who was enjoying her conversation with Seungri.  She couldn’t interrupt her friend, she seemed so happy compared to herself.  Sohee grabbed her purse and with a last glance at Yonghwa, she headed towards the door.  With tears running down her cheeks she pushed the front door open.  She was about to yell and let her anger and sadness come out when she felt a hand on her shoulder. 

“Please don’t leave.”  She turned around and saw the boy from earlier; the boy who was staring and smiling at her from across the table.