The Plan

I'm sorry but I love you

 

Sohee POV:

            Why is he staring at me like that?  Sohee did not understand why Jiyong was looking at her in that way.  He blushed when they touched hands.  Although it was weird how he stared at her, she actually enjoyed the attention.  She was disappointed that Yonghwa did not feel the same why towards her but the thought that this new guy might feel something for her made her feel better.  She smiled at him and saw that he smiled even more.  She wanted to thank him for the advice he had given her that night at the party.  She did reflect on those words he had given her.  She hoped that she would stop crying for Yongwha but the truth was, when she found out he was officially dating Seohyun, she felt her heart drop.  Why can’t she forget him and start liking this new guy.  He seemed pretty nice.

“Do you want to sit here with me? Seungri took your seat at the table.”  Jiyong offered her a seat across from him because the table where she was sitting at was now full.  Seungri sat at the table to talk with Mimi.  ‘I swear, if those two don’t get together soon, I will personally make a special date for them,’ she thought. Sohee would make sure that they tell each other how they feel.  Sunmi should take this opportunity at true love before it’s too late.

“Are you thinking about him?”  Sohee was so lost in thought that she didn’t realize that Jiyong had been trying to make conversation with her.

“Who? Oh you mean Yonghwa.” Sohee took a deep breath after saying his name.  “No, I was actually thinking about Seungri and Sunmi.  They are always flirting with each other and need to start dating soon!”

“Yeah I completely agree with you there.”  Jiyong laughed with her.  “It’s so obvious that they like each other.  Why can’t Seungri make a move already and ask her out.” 

“I got an idea.  Why don’t we make a plan to get them together?  We could make a very romantic or fun date for them.”  Sohee told Jiyong her plan.  They would all meet at the arcade and then after a few minutes, Jiyong and Sohee would sneak away and then the two love birds would be left to enjoy each other’s company. 

“That would only work if they actually tell each other the way they feel.  Sunmi is all that Seungri talks about every day.  It’s so easy for him to talk to girls; I don’t understand how he can’t find the guts to ask her out.”

Sohee and Jiyong spent the next few minutes making their plan to get Sunmi and Seungri together.  Soon after, the girls got up to go back to their dorms.  Sohee changed into something comfortable as soon as she got to her room.  It was a hot day and the clothes she had on was making her feel sweaty and uncomfortable.

“Isn’t Seungri oppa so amazing?” Sunmi could not stop talking about the boy the entire trip back to the room.

“If you like him so much, why don’t you just tell him.”

“I can’t… what if he only likes me as a friend.”

“I sure he feels the same way as you do.”  Sohee told her friend while trying to changing into a tank top.

“You think so? But he talks to a lot of girls.  How can I be sure he likes me as more than just friends?”

“Trust me, he does.  He always seems excited to talk to you, and only you.”Sunmi smiled at her friend’s words. 

“I want to go to the arcade tonight, want to come?”  Sohee asked Sunmi.

“No I can’t, my math teacher decided to bombard me with a week’s worth of homework all due by Wednesday. 

“They you have a few day to finish it!  Come on Mimi you have to come with me tonight.” Sohee pleaded to her friend.  She started doing some cute puppy eyes to try to convince her friend to accompany her to the arcade that night.

“Hmm.. Fine I’ll go.  I hate when you do your cute puppy eyes.  I can’t say no.”

“Yay!  Be ready by seven tonight, and get really pretty!”

“Why do I need to get pretty?  It’s just the arcade.”

“Just do as I say.  Trust your friend without questioning her.”  Sohee laughed a little.  She could just imagine how great it would be if her idea worked and her friend finally started dating Seungri.  At least of the two would be in a happy relationship.  She didn’t have any boy to love.  Yonghwa was with Seohyun and Sohee had nobody. 

I do have Jiyong, he’s cute. What was that?  Did I just say that Jiyong was cute?  Sohee shook her head to get the thought out of her head.  How could she possibly find anybody else cute!  She didn’t want to like anybody, especially now that her heart was broken.  She just wanted to forget about boys.  She wouldn’t and couldn’t let another boy enter her heart so soon.

Sunmi left that afternoon to her study group.  She wanted to do some homework before going to the arcade with Sohee.  This meant that Sohee could take a nice nap before the trip to the arcade.  The heat always made her feel sleepy and tired. 

…..

“How do I look, is this cute enough?”  Sunmi was turning around so that Sohee could inspect the outfit.

“Yes that’s cute! But leave your hair down, it looks ier.”

“What, why do I have to look y now?”  Sunmi expected Sohee to give an explanation to why she needed to look so good for the arcade.

“No particular reason.  But maybe there could be a really cute guy there.”  Sohee teased.

They left for the arcade half an hour before the meeting time Sohee and Jiyong agreed on.  They took the bus.  On the way there, Sohee looked out the window and thought about her dream.  It was so vivid that she couldn’t get the dream out of her head.  She was sitting on a swing on a sunny afternoon.  To her right was her mother sitting on a bench watching her.  They smiled at each other in unison.  She turned back around and started to move her feet back and forth faster and faster.  She wanted to swing higher than ever before.  She was having fun and was giggling when she caught a glimpse of a boy.  He was sitting on the sandbox making mounds for his toy trucks to climb.  He looked older than her, about five or six. His clothes were dirty from the dirt on them.

“We’re here Sohee.”  Sunmi had to shake her friend to get her attention. 

The two girls got off the bus and entered the arcade.  They got some change and headed to a shooting game.  Sunmi enjoyed shooting zombies and aliens in those games.  She was actually good at that.  Sohee looked around for a glimpse of Jiyong and Seungri but could not see them.  Where are they?  She thought and decided to look for them.  Maybe they were running late.

“I’m going to get us some sodas to drink, I’ll be right back.”  Sunmi didn’t even pay attention to what her friend said.  She was too busy shooting some aliens.  Sohee headed towards the entrance to see if they boys were there.  She didn’t see anyone she recognized.  She decided to wait for them for a while.  Sunmi would not even notice her absence if she was gone for a while.  Sohee then started thinking about her dream again.  Why did she have a dream like that?  She didn’t know why but it was as if it were a memory she had forgotten about until now.  Why did she have a dream with herself as a child?  She wanted to know who the boy at the sandbox was but couldn’t figure it out.  She had woken up right before the boy in the dream turned around.

“Annyeong haseyo Sohee.”  Sohee turned around to find Jiyong looking at her with a huge smile on his face.  It was really cute actually, how he always smiled at her.  She was getting used to that look on his face.

“Hi, Jiyong. Hi, Seungri.  I thought you weren’t going to make it.”

“Sorry we were late.”  Seungri told Sohee while slightly bowing.

“Seungri could not figure out what to wear.  He’s worse than a woman when it comes to dressing up for a date.”  Jiyong was laughing at his friend.

“I was too nervous.”  Seungri explained.  “Thank you Sohee for wanting to get me with Sunmi.  I like her so much but I didn’t know if she liked me as well.”

“Are you kidding, she’s had a crush on you since our freshman year.”

“Really! For that long!”  Seungri jumped with excitement.  Sohee and Jiyong laughed together just watching Seungri act this way.

“Come on let’s go inside and look for Sunmi.  She’s probably still killing some aliens or zombies or maybe she even moved on to killing dinosaurs.”  The two guys looked at Sohee confused but excited.

All three of them walked into the building and headed towards the back where the shooting games were.  Just as Sohee thought, Sunmi was still playing the same game.

“Mimi, look who I found.  Seungri and Jiyong.”

"huh? What?"

Sunmi turned around with gun in hand and almost hit Sohee on the face.  Sohee flinched and jumped backwards to avoid being hit and almost fell down.  She felt arms wrap around her to catch her fall.  She looked up to find it Jiyong hugging her from behind.