Reconciliation

Ice Cream Love ~

Luhan laid on his bed, restless after fighting with Seungryeol, restless with his problems. His eyes darted towards a picture placed on the side table, a picture of two lovers who have now came their separate ways. It hurts a lot thinking of all the memories that they have shared together, and yet they are not by each other’s side anymore. Lovers have become strangers, and memories have become experiences.

 

With the picture held tightly on his chest, and colourless beads flowing freely on his cheeks, with thoughts hunting his mind, and sight becomes blurry from the tears, with fingers clenched tightly by his side, and every breath seems too hard to breathe, he slowly drifted to sleep, hoping that when he opened his eyes, everything will go back to normal, with her by his side.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

After several hour of drifting to the dreamland, he waked up to a delicious aroma coming from his kitchen. His injured fists that was left untreated was carefully wrapped in bandage and the frame that he hugged to sleep was carefully placed back on the side table. He knew this aroma way to well. It was his favourite dish that she always cook for him.

 

Quickly shuffling his feet to the kitchen, he saw the view that he had missed a lot. Looking at her trying to open a bottle left him in a chuckle which startled her as she quickly turn around to see the love of her life, standing there with that smile that she had missed.

 

After what seems like forever, Taeyeon break the silence.

 

“I’m sorry… I know your password so I just invited myself in. And thank you. Kris and Sehun told me everything. You were trying to protect me and I was being oblivious about it. I thought that you had a change in your heart. And that you did not need me anymore.” By now she was crying terribly, eyes glued onto the marbled floor.

 

“Hey…” Luhan quickly secure his arms around her tiny waist, assuring her that everything is alright. “I’m sorry, for thinking that I can do everything on my own. And thank you, for still having faith in me, and for remembering my favourite dish.” He kissed her nose and chuckled at her annoyed face. He quickly swipe the tears away and lands butterfly kisses on her face.

 

“Hey… I was cooking, you know? Stop it or I might burn this house down.” She said, trying to make Luhan stop with the kisses. Honestly, she rather burn the house down than stopping the kissing spree. But that would be too big of a trade.

 

“Fine…” one last peck on the lips and he let her go. “I love you! Oh and welcome home, babe!”

 

“This is not my home… ”

 

“No… but my heart is!” he chimed, beaming at his own words.

 

Taeyeon’s face turned beet red of embarrassment. “Great… the cheesy Luhan is back…” she muttered under her breath, and yet she is actually very happy with it. That is the man that she fell with, cheesy, corny, mushy and also lovable.

 

“Hehehe, I heard that and I know you love me for that!!” he sang happily, all problems left aside for a while, letting himself enjoy the return of his happiness and his miracle.

 

After dining, they both talked about the situation, the real deal with no secrets at all. The night, they drifted to sleep in each other’s’ arms, the first time in a while.

___________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

 

One more chapter and then i'll mark this story as complete. so enjoy and comment.