Just a Feeling

Ice Cream Love ~

“I’m home!” Luhan announced. For a minute there, he forgets that ever since his parents died in a car crash last year, he has been living in the house all by himself.  He makes his way to his family portrait that is hanging in the living room and plant kisses on his parents.

 “I’m home…” he whispered and smile at the picture. He misses them so much. No one at school knew about his parents’ departure. They were too busy admiring his good looks to even care about his personal life.

His parents were business tycoons. They had set up funds for him and therefore he doesn’t have to work for his entire school life. The business is currently being managed by his father’s most trusted friend.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“I’m home…” Taeyeon closes the door behind her. She makes her way to her room and pick up her family portrait from the nightstand. She kisses her mom, dad and her elder brother. “I love you.”

Seven years ago, she saw her entire family died in front of her very own eyes. Her family’s home was caught in a big fire while she was on her way home from her friend’s slumber party. The fire was too big that it took a while until the fire was put out by the fireman. All she could do was cry as one by one the bodies of her beloved ones being pull out of the burnt down house. After that, she moves into a small apartment with her aunt. When she turned 16, she started living alone as her aunt got married and move to US with her husband. Her aunt still cares for her though.

She took a quick shower and change into a casual outfit. She needs to go out and search for a part-time job or else she won’t have enough for a living.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“So when can I start?” Taeyeon asks. She found a job at a local café. The café is only two blocks from school and therefore it will be easy for her to rush to work after class ended.

“Tomorrow. Make sure you’re on time. I despise tardy person.” The owner warns her.

“I got it. Thank you so much. I’ll be here tomorrow. Goodbye, boss.” She smiles and waves happily at her new employer. She likes her boss. He is a very kind person.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[The next day]

“Morning, unnies.” She greeted her classmates.

“Hi Taeyeon-ah. You’re here?”They wave back at her.

She makes her way to her seat and saw Luhan looking at her while smirking.

Taeyeon pouted and pretends to be looking at someone else.

“Hi Taeyeon.” Sehun greets her, placing a small bottle of banana milk on her table, “For you.”

“Thank you. I really like banana milk.” She said, giving Sehun a huge smile.

Sehun patted Taeyeon on her head.

Seeing the both of them being so friendly like that seems to bother Luhan a bit.

“Ah, whatever…” Luhan said, trying to shrug off the unfamiliar feeling inside his heart.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[After school hour]

“Yah Luhan, lets hang out today. Let’s go to the café down the block.” Sehun said, putting his hand on his friend’s shoulder.

“Sure, I don’t have anything to do anyway. Let’s go.”

As they arrive, they quickly sit at their usual spot. Feeling the familiar ambiance of the café really seems to make Luhan relax. He really likes it here.

“Taeyeon-ah, there are some new customer that had just walk in. Go and take their order. Remember to greet them first.” The boss reminded Taeyeon.

Making her way through to the end of the café, she saw two guys dressed up in her school’s uniform sitting while facing out of the café.

She approaches them, “Hello, I’m Taeyeon, your waitress for today. May I take your order?” she bows towards the customers, not looking at them.

“Taeyeon-ah!” the customer calls out.

Startled, she quickly raises her head and saw her two classmates before her.

“Sehun oppa and Luhan oppa. Hi!” she greeted them cheerfully, after realising who they are.

“You work here?” Sehun asks.

Luhan continues to stare at her, not making any noise. “This monkey again…” He thought, shaking his head.

“Today is my first day. I should take your order now, oppa.”

“Well then 2 Americano please.”

“Coming right up!” She bows and makes her way to the counter.

[5 minutes later]

“Here’s what you ordered for.” Taeyeon said, placing two cups of Americanos. “Here’s a complimentary gift for my first customer.” She puts a cup of cookies and cream flavoured ice cream in front of Luhan.

Luhan look at her and saw her winking at him. He smiles and nods his head. Tayeon chuckles and leave them to enjoy their drinks.

“Thank you, Miss Ice Cream..,” He muttered under his breath.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Okay, second chapter is up..  like always, do subscribe and write your thoughts of this story..thanks and enjoy..