As We Go On

Ice Cream Love ~

 

5 years later

 

It’s been 5 years since Sehun left after the lie that he told Luhan.

_____________________________________________________________________

 

[Flashback]

 

“Spill.”

 

“What? I don’t know anything.” Sehun tries to hide his startled expression. “How did he know I was hiding something”, he thought to himself.

 

“I’ve known you since like forever, man. I know you’re hiding something. Spill.” Luhan nodded his head, waiting for Sehun to come clean.

 

“Fine. I may have something to do with her departure. Okay? Is that enough?”

 

“No… Go on… Spill everything.”

 

“I told her family about what happen to Taeyeon. About how she attack Taeyeon and injured her badly. Her father was mad and then I guess this happens.” He said, referring to Seohyun’s withdrawal from the school.

 

Luhan nodded; in his heart he was thankful of his best friend.

 

“I don’t want both of you to get hurt anymore. Both of you are very important to me and you two deserve to be together without anyone trying to stand in between.”

 

“Yeah right, nice try though. I know that it wasn’t just for me and Taeyeon right?” Luhan smirks at his best friend.

 

“What do you mean?” Sehun said, confused.

 

“Come on… Like I said, I’ve known you forever, man. You are doing this for Seohyun right? You had a thing for her, right? ” Luhan grin after seeing his friend’s startled expression.

 

“How… How did you know?” Sehun stuttered.

 

“Look, I knew it just the way you knew about my feelings for Taeyeon. You were hurt when I made out with her last week didn’t you?” Luhan patted on Sehun’s back.

 

“I just want her to change. I know that she is not a bad person. Somehow I think she became like that because she felt insecure of herself. I hope that her family can help her change. I want her to know that there is someone who loves her very much.  I want her to know that I love her very much.” Sehun sigh.

 

“You are letting her go?” Luhan asked, wanting confirmation from Sehun.

 

“No man, I’m leaving with her.”

 

[End of flashback]

_____________________________________________________________________

 

Sehun sighs as he remembered the past. 5 years has it been since he decided to leave the woman that he love the most by lying to his best friend. Hurting them was not an option. He was willing to sacrifice his feelings so that Taeyeon and Luhan can be happy with each other.

 

 

That night, when Seohyun left for Japan as instructed by her father, Sehun was there at the airport to send Seohyun off.

 

Even though they were never friends, Sehun felt terrible for ratting Seohyun to her father. Therefore, Sehun decided to apologize to Seohyun. He expected Seohyun to throw a fit at him, instead Seohyun took his apologize calmly. She thanked him.

_____________________________________________________________________

 

[Flashback]

 

“You know what Sehun-shi, I never hated Taeyeon actually.” Seohyun looked at Sehun.

 

Sehun looked at Seohyun, shocked by her sudden attempt to break the silence between them. They were currently sitting in the waiting area just outside the departure gate.

 

When Sehun did not say anything, Seohyun took it as a sign to continue.

 

“She is a nice girl. What gets to me is that how Luhan looked at her. She did nothing to gain his attention and yet, Luhan ends up looking at her, calling her cute and all that.” She sighed.

 

“All this while, I’ve been doing nothing but trying to get his attention. I love him.”

 

Seohyun took out a Polaroid photo from her jacket and handed it to Sehun. Sehun took it and looked at the picture. It was a picture of little Luhan hugging a crying little Seohyun.

 

“I remember that day clearly. Luhan said that he will protect me and will never look at any other girl. Only you Seohyun-ah, he said. Hehehe…. Thinking about it again and again makes me wonder what happen in between…” her voice trailed at the loss of thoughts.

 

Sehun continued to look at the picture. He was at loss of words. He knew exactly what happened in between.

 

“Seohyun-shi…”still looking at the photo in his hand, he called for Seohyun who was loss in thoughts.

 

“Em?” Seohyun looked at Sehun, and then at the picture in his hand.

 

“Luhan never forgets his words to you. What changed everything was you.” Sehun looked at Seohyun, his hands handing the picture back at Seohyun. Seohyun looked at the picture and smiled, taking it back from Sehun.

 

“Luhan cared for you as a friend, only as a friend. When you grew up, you changed. You became evil towards people around you. You took matters in your own hands. Luhan felt as if you did not need him anymore, and so he left. But even so, he continued to care for you, even from afar. ”

 

Seohyun eyes become teary after hearing Sehun’s words.

 

“But then after you left for Japan for the first time, you keep on sending him love mails and photos of how corrupted you have become. He hated that, and he hated the fact that you are not the innocent little Seohyun that he once loved and cared for. You became wild and out of control. He blamed everything on himself, saying he was a failure for letting you became like that. That’s why he let go. He never once laid eyes on any other girls, just like he promised you. Whenever a girl tried to get close to him, he pushed her away. But then Taeyeon happened. Taeyeon is different. Unlike all of the girls, including you, Taeyeon is different. She did not see him the way you guys did. She saw him the way he wanted to be seen. And when you hurt Taeyeon, you caused him to hate you even more because Taeyeon, believe it or not, is somewhat like the innocent little Seohyun that he once vowed to protect. When he found out that Taeyeon too is an orphan just like him, he wanted her to be loved just as much as he hoped to be loved. Both of them were the same. Hence, they complete each other and fill each other’s emptiness. In between of then and now, they fell in love.”

 

By now, Seohyun was already bawling her eyes out. Sehun pulled her into a hug, trying to calm her down.

 

“It is never too late to change, Seohyun-shi. Give up on Luhan and let him be with his love. Find the better side of you and show it to people. Let them love you the way you should be loved. Start over in Japan.”

 

Seohyun looked into Sehun’s eyes. “What about you, Sehun-shi? Are you letting go of Taeyeon?”

 

Shocked by the sudden question, Sehun looked at Seohyun, “How did you know?”

 

Seohyun smiled. “Because you are just the same as me. Both of us are just minor characters in their love story. We deserve to shine too. Right?”

 

Sehun nod his head, “Yeah that we do. So, why don’t the both of us start over and try to find a different love story, the one where we will be the main characters in it. You try your luck in Japan while I try mine in US.”

 

[End of flashback]

___________________________________________________________________________

 

“Taeyeon…” that name is like a sweet poison to him. He wanted her, yet he cannot have her. She is his bestfriend’s girl. He needed to respect that.

 

5 years in the States have gotten him nowhere. He failed to find his own love story. He is still madly in love with Taeyeon. But due to his loyalty as a friend to Luhan, he did nothing but be their guard.

 

Sehun is currently working in one of his parents’ resort. After finishing high school, he took the manager spot in the resort to divert his thoughts from Taeyeon. He tried to search for another girl, a girl that could take his thoughts away from Taeyeon, a girl that could help him let go of Taeyeon. Yet, the search always ends up at dead ends.

 

Staying in the States made him realize how beautiful his hometown was. Even though his heart broke when Taeyeon told him about her feelings for Luhan, he still misses Seoul. All his life, he always dreamt of staying in US. Not that US is a bad country, it is just that his heart belongs to Seoul, his home.

 

He looks down towards his right hand. A flight ticket bound for Seoul in two days.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m going home.”

___________________________________________________________________________

 

SUPRISE SUPRISE !!!

 

okay...i know i said that i have exams next week.. but in between revisions and constant worry about my exams, i've decided to present this chapter to cover up for all those times that you guys have spent waiting for my update. I am sorry if this chapter is not very good and not worth all the time you guys spend waiting for updates on this story…

So I will not update this story until maybe 3 weeks more.. after my final exams ended then I will try to update regularly.. okay..

To all who stayed with me.. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I appreciate it. <3 <3

 

Like always do enjoy and comment..

 

[p/s] Please also read my other stories

I Do

It's Our Time

 

 

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! <3 <3