Let's Get a Job!

The Love Of A Wish[Lee Taemin]

I woke up without having a heart attack, like last time. I sighed in relief and with a hint of sadness as well. All of them were gone, did they seriously wake up before me? I asked myself walking into the living room. There was no one.

I listened for any sounds of a living being, but all I heard was the sound of my own breathing. It was when I entered the kitchen that I found out where everyone was. There was a sticky note on the fridge with ten dollars stuck on it. I ripped off the sticky note and read the contents.

'Good morning Levi~!<3 We had to go to practice earlier than we thought. Sorry for not telling you D8 We should be back after lunch though, so see you then! If you're hungry there is rice and eggs in the fridge. Also just incase you go out to eat (since we have no food for lunch) heres some money. Enjoy~ Onew :3'

I shook my head laughing at the raw energy the note had. What a goofball, I thought as I did as the note suggested and ate the rice and eggs for breakfast. Then gathered all my job applications and resumes and slid them in an envelope taking an extra resume just in case something happened to one of them.

I took a quick shower and changed in some new clothes that Onew and Taemin bought me. I looked at myself in the mirror. I've only been judging the way I look on how I was before. In reality though, no matter how hard it was for me to admit it, I was a pretty cute guy. I finished brushing my hair, grabbing the envelope and headed out the door towards the bus.

Taemin did a real good job showing where everything was. As Onew was good at telling me how to remember where everything was with a silly saying or song. I giggled, humming the catchy tune in my head waiting for my stop.

I went to all of the clothing and shoe stores and turned in my resume as well as the job applications. I gave off the best smile I had and all the managers gratefully took it. It was lunch time when I was finally finished turning in my last job application. 

My stomach made a growl as I clutched my sides remembering the money Onew gave me. They told me there was a nice little restaurant around here that was really cheap but good. It was a block away isolated from the rest of the buildings.

I hesitated before entering the building, taking a deep breath. I noted the restaurant was called Bunseg Magic, which I had no idea what Bunseg even was. I was greeted with the smell of teriyaki, spices, and fresh baked bread. The place wasn't abandoned, but it wasn't overfilled with people either. There was just enough people to feel comfortable.

Overall the place just felt warm and cozy like a home. A waitress that was old enough to be my grandma was hopping from table to table rushing to take their order before finally spotting me.

"Sorry dear, I'll be with you in a minute. Sit anywhere you like." She told me. I bowed my head and found a seat by the window.

"What would you like to drink?" She asked handing me a menu.

"I'll just have water please."

"Alrighty! Sorry about that we're a little swamped today." She smiled and left as I looked around. It didn't seem that busy.. That's when I saw that she was the only waitress there. She came back with my water a minute later.

"Thank you. Where's all your help?" I asked her.

"It's just me." She said smiling. I was surprised by this.

"You're the only waitress that works here?"

"Yeah. Just me and my husband, he's the cook and owner here. We opened about a year ago and have been getting busier since.. We probably should think about hiring another waitress and cook." She said as a side comment.

"Well... What about me?" I said grabbing the opportunity, "I need a job and my schedule is always free, so I can work any shift you give me.. Ah, here!" I told her reaching into my envelope handing her my resume.

"Just in case you decide to start hiring." I said smiling towards.

"Thank you! I'll show it to my husband." I ordered my food as she took my order and resume into the kitchen with her.

About twenty minutes later she came back with my food.

"What are you doing today?" She asked me placing my plate of food in front of me. She had her hand on her hip holding the tray and the other hand was leaning on the table with her face giving off a devilish grin.

"I don't don't have anything going on today, why?" Her smile widened and she nudged me.

"How about working today? The pay is cheap, but the tips make up for it." My eyes grew and my mouth widened.

"Really?! I can work right now?" I asked in disbelief. That was the quickest job I ever got before.

"Finish your lunch and grab an apron from the kitchen and I'll show you the ropes." She said smiling before disappearing back into the kitchen to drop off an order.

I was dumb struck and couldn't move. Am I dreaming or did I just get a job? I pinched my hand and winced. Nope, I'm not dreaming. After the realization finally settled in, I began to devour my meal as quickly as possible.

I finished my food in less than ten minutes flat and went into the back to grab an apron. The back was hot and stuffy while a layer of steamed hovered in the air. An aged, but buff man had his back facing towards me cooking.

"So you're the boy my wife was talking about..." He said turning around and frowning when he saw me, "you look like a little small fry to me. You're name's Levi, right? Where you from?" 

"I-i'm from the States, sir. I just came to Korea." I said slightly frightened. He made a 'hmph' noise before speaking up.

"Well don't just stand there. Get to work!" He said gesturing towards the door out of the kitchen.

"Right away sir." I said before bolting out the door. Scary... I thought before finding the waitress from before.

She quickly gave me an overview of everything before assigning me tables. Being a waiter was harder than it looked, but it was fun as well. I lost track of time and before long we were already closing it down for the night.

The couple that gave me the job already had nicknames for me. The woman, whose name was DanBi called me Sonja which means grandson. As the cook whose name was Soohyun, called me Agi, which means baby or child. I called them simply grandma and grandpa, halmeoni and halabeoji. 

We all instantly connected and I actually felt like they were a part of my family that they were just like my grandparents from back home. Even though Soohyun scared me at first, he was actually a pretty nice guy.

"Thank you so much for working and taking the job on such a short notice." Halmeoni told me.

"No, it's fine. It actually worked out real well. Oh! I totally forgot!" I dug down into my pocket and took out the ten dollar bill.

"I forgot to pay you for my meal." Halabeoji pushed the money back to me and instead handed me a white envelope.

"No need. Here, your first pay check. We'll pay you every Friday, sound good?" I nodded and smiled.

"Yes sir. Thank you!" I said bowing.

"Good. You can start up again tomorrow at ten."...

 

______________________________

Sorry it's been so long guys.. I had christmas then new years and then surgery (which I'm still recovering from, but it wasn't anything serious) But its now out! lol Hope you guys enjoyed! <3

edit: So. Many. Typo's.. I'm sorry about that guys DX