To Tell the Truth

The Love Of A Wish[Lee Taemin]

"When I was leaving late after work and heading to my vehicle to go home..." I paused wondering if it was really okay to tell the whole story. I sighed anyway and continued, to late now. 

"There was a man hidden in all black clothes covering his entire body but his mouth, right in front of my car. All I can remember was just trying to hurry up, ignore him, and get in my vehicle. Before I could unlock the door the man whispered something weird in my ear and then I passed out." I started to tell him. 

"He just told you something and you passed out? Nothing else?" I nodded my head.

"What did he say?" He asked curiously. I though, and I thought. No matter how hard I tried to remember, I couldn't think of what he said.

"I can't remember... The only thing I remember was it sounded really philosophical." I shrugged giving up on trying to remember. I was just getting myself a headache.

"But that's not the most unbelievable part I was talking about.." Minho looked at me confused, but waited for me to continue.

"I was at my home town in Illinois in the United States. I've lived there my entire life, so I spoke perfect English. If someone tried to ask me to say something in Korean though, I would have only been able to say basic words like hi, bye, yes, and no with a huge accent. Now however, it's reversed. My Korean is my dominant language and I can hardly speak any English at all." Minho jumped surprised at this. His eyes had an almost glazed stare in hard concentration.

"Try to speak the best English you can." He told me. I thought of the few words I knew in Korean. 

"Saranghae, Minho-hyung." I said in my best Korean accent. Minho's face turned red as his hand covered his mouth to silence his laughter. It wasn't that bad, was it?

"Your English is worse than Jonghyun's..." He managed to say inbetween his chuckles.

"Yah! This is no laughing matter!" I told him playfully throwing my rag at him. His laughter died down and it all became silent as we started again on cleaning the floors.

"So when you woke up. You were here in Korea by Taemin's house?"

I nodded my head yes. I went against telling him I was a girl before as well. I think what I told him was already hard enough to believe.

"So you were knocked out with a magical spell almost, that you can't remember. Then was transported across to the whole other side of the world and you lost your ability to speak English, but learned perfect Korean?" He asked me. Making me seem more insane then what I thought originally. 

"It's more like, I think I'm speaking English right now and it sounds like you're speaking English back, when I know we're not. But when I try and speak Korean it comes out in English." I tried to explain. Minho looked at me with curiosity and a scent of skepticism.

"And you're not pulling a prank on me right now? You're completely serious about this?" He questioned me again.

" I swear. I'm speaking the truth! That's why I've only told you about it though... I'm scared the others will think I'm crazy." I told him honestly biting my lip. He looked at me with a stare, eyebrows furrowed, then turned away rubbing his head in frustration. He held out his pinky towards me.

"I believe you.. If you pinky promise me you're telling the truth." His face was still turned away from me, but I could see the tips of his ears turning red.

"I pinky promise." I said smiling, wrapping my pinky with his. His hands were so much bigger than mine that his pinky engulfed my own. My hands looked to be the size of a grade schoolers than an actual adult hand.

"But in return you can't tell anyone what I just told you." I warned him. He nodded smiling.

"It's a pink promise. Seal it." I was confused at first, but then saw him raise his thumb up to mine.

"Sealed."I said reassuring myself, pressing my thumb to this. We smiled towards each other, as we let go of each others hands. I swear at that moment though in the corner of my eye I saw a shadow move away from the living room. Maybe I am going crazy, I thought.

"Well, it's off to bed. Hurry up and take a bath and get some sleep. You've had a very hectic day today." Minho told me as he got up to leave. The floor was now clean at this point and he grabbed my wash rag and bucket.

"Thanks Minho, I will. Good night." I told him waving as I headed to the bathroom to take a nice warm bath. I turned around to look in the living room and tried to see if anyone was in there. No one was. I must have been seeing things... I told myself as I entered into the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

 

______________________________

Woot! Fear me and my speed typing! >:3 lol Yay! I can't believe we actually made it to chapter 15 guys! Good job for reading this much already. I'm impressed :D