What Will He Think?

Moving On Can Be Hard But Worth It~

~ Taemin's P.O.V ~

"So.. Do you, by chance, have a boyfriend?" I almost choked. Was I really that obvious? I blushed deeply and looked up at him. He looked innocent but not as shy as before. I quickly shook my head again. He looked thoughtful for a moment before he started to reach over the table. When I saw his hand coming towards me all I could really do was freeze in place. What was he doing? Was he going to choke me? Molest me? Most likely molest me. Before I could come up with a way to retaliate, I felt his thumb swipe across the corner of my mouth and noticed his playful smile. "You had a bit of sauce on your face." I would have blushed darker if that were possible. I just thought that he was gonna molest me. What was my problem? "O-Oh.. Thank you." Did I just stutter? Damn... Now he must be thinking something.

The same thumb, now clean, gently traced the red outline of my cheek. I flinched a bit at first since I didn't really know what he was doing. But soon I was leaning in to his hand as he caressed my cheek. I saw the smile on his face widen at my reaction. "I'm kinda glad you don't have a boyfriend. Don't take that the wrong way. I don't want anyone to kill me for calling you adorable." How was I possibly cute or even adorable at the moment? I looked like crap from all the stress and crying I had gone through. I wasn't worth anything, so what was he doing? Was he flirting with me? Was he just being nice? Both halves of me were wishing something different. Was I ready to move on already like he had? Could I do what he had done? I wanted to so bad. I wanted to forget him and give this, what I assumed, was a stranger to me a chance. He was sweet and caring from what I could tell. Even if this really was by far the weirdest thing I had ever gotten myself into I wanted to be with him. It was like my past had never happened. He was the same yet so different from what I had. And maybe I would be better off with him.

I waited for him to ask me with hidden excitement. I wanted this. I wanted to accept him. His voice snapped me out of my happy fantasy world. "I know that we haven't known each other that long, and I don't know what you'll say.. But um... Taemin, will you be my boyfriend?" I felt myself smile and nodded, lightly touching the hand that was still resting on my cheek. "I would love to be yours, hyung." The relief of my answer was written all over his face. "There is just something about you. It makes me want to be by your side and protect you. And make you happy." I let out a small giggle at how cheesy he was. I knew that I wouldn't ever regret my decision. How did I know? It was just a feeling I guess. It told me that he was telling the truth. I would be well taken care of with him. And I was happy with these feelings.

The rest of dinner went by slowly. We had made sure of it. We were holding hands across the table and it felt right to me. It didn't feel odd to have him play with my fingers or to play with his in return. By the time we were finally tired, it was midnight. I had no clue we had sat and talked for that long. But he saw me yawn and knew that he should walk me back to my apartment. But we walked extra slow, our fingers intertwined. I honestly never wanted this time with him to end. What if I woke up in the morning only to find I had dreamt the whole thing? That I had found the perfect mirror image of him, that I had found perfection in human form within one night. I was hoping that it wasn't all my imagination bothering me in my sleep again. This had to be real.

When our short journey finally ended, I turned to him. "Thank you for walking me home." I giggled considering it was only about a meter away from his own door and he still felt the need to walk me home. He smiled at me. "Anytime~" I smiled back and stood on my tiptoes, pecking his cheek gently. I turned back to my door to unlock it when his fingers guided me by my jaw to look at him again. "For someone who dances, you would think you would be more coordinated." I was confused until he leaned closer, his lips brushing gently against mine. "You missed." I felt my blush return as his lips finally met my own. I would laugh about his little pun later maybe. But for now, I returned the kiss. I hadn't felt this many butterflies in my stomach for so long. It felt like eternity before he finally pulled back. He put our foreheads together and gazed lovingly into my eyes. I was so happy that it probably wouldn't even look like I had just divorced my husband. And right then, I felt like I hadn't really divorced him at all. We finally went our separate ways and I slept well that night, not a single nightmare coming to wake me up and remind me of what I had lost.

I went with this Minho on dates almost every single day for an entire week. We had managed to bond and act like a normal couple. We were no longer awkward with one another. I woke up the next Saturday to the sound of my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I groaned and sat up to answer it, feeling my boyfriend's strong arms pull me back down. I giggled and wiggled a bit out of his grip and answered my phone. "Hello?"

"Taebaby, are you ready for the babies to come home now? They miss you."

I froze instantly at my Chansung appa's question. I hadn't mentioned my babies to my boyfriend. What would he think? Would he think I was a freak? "Y-Yeah. They can come home today. I'll come and pick them up in a bit." I hung up quickly and felt Minho pull me back again. My back was against him again and I immediately felt warm and safe. I had found that I loved this feeling. I blushed when I remembered that we were still and made a bit of distance between us. I had to get up and I might as well think of a way to explain myself to him while I was at it. He groaned when I moved and woke up. "Where are you going, baby?" he asked with a yawn. I didn't want to have to explain myself so soon. But I guess it was now or never.

"Hyung, I have something to tell you. And I hope you won't reject me now." I turned to face him and saw his expression. It was one of total confusion. "You can tell me anything. You know that. I would never reject you for any reason." I smiled a bit. "Do you remember how you asked about my scar last night?" I asked. I bit my lip as he nodded and traced a concerned thumb over the scar on my abdomen. "What about it, babe?" I thought of how I would say it for a moment before sighing. "Hyung, I... I have two baby boys." He stiffened at my statement. I felt the tears starting to sting my eyes. He was gonna reject me after all. "You.. Why didn't you tell me, Minnie?" I decided the truth was the best way to go. "Because I really thought you would reject me. I'm a freak. I'm a man for crying out loud.. I shouldn't be having babies. It's unnatural.." He kissed me and I looked at him with the regret evident in my eyes. "Don't ever say that about yourself. You're beautiful and the fact that you even had that experience makes you even more beautiful. I want to meet your kids. You don't mind, right?" I smiled at him. He didn't reject me after all. "Of course you can meet them."

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This is kinda how it went. Except he had just asked someone else out when this occurred. I was mad and explained to him how my past had gone. So yeah. I made it more like this. Hope it was good~