Memories..

Moving On Can Be Hard But Worth It~

The next morning, Minho and I awoke to the bright sunlight shining in through the balcony doors. I could feel him kissing me gently wherever he could and I stretched my stiff limbs. I pretended not to notice his affectionate actions and could sense his pout. I fought off my giggle when his lips pressed a bit roughly against my own. I couldn't, however, hide my amused smile. He was still pouting when he pulled back, making me smile wider as I kissed him again. His arms instantly wrapped around me and pulled me closer, making me squeak. Our lips moved together slowly, small moans escaping both of us. Our makeout session was soon interrupted by my phone vibrating the bedside table. I groaned in annoyance and grabbed my phone to see who had sent me a text. 

 

From: Appa♥

Tae I know you're busy but I'm worried. You remembered to use protection, right? 

 

I just stared at my phone, my heart starting to beat a bit faster when I realized that Minho and I didn't use any form of protection at all. We obviously weren't ready for another baby with Sunmi still being so young. Minho had apparently read over my shoulder and chuckled quietly. "Don't worry, babe. Whatever happens happens. We can handle it." I calmed down instantly just from hearing his voice. I nodded and we got up to begin getting cleaned up and dressed. I moved quicker than my body wanted to allow. I really wanted to get out of there quickly. My umma instincts were going nuts now. I just wanted to have my babies back with me so I wouldn't have to worry so much anymore. 

 

We left our room for the last time not too much later. I held Minho's hand tight as I dragged him along. He kept chuckling and asking me what the rush was for and finally once we were in the elevator I turned and smiled at him. "I just miss our babies a lot~" He agreed that he did too before his attention was on something stuck to the wall behind me. It was a note. He took it and read it carefully before laughing and read it to me.  "Next time, please keep your private time private. From, Security." He laughed again and I blushed deeply, now noticing the camera in the corner. I shyly hid my face in his chest until we made it to the ground floor. We turned in our room keys and I dragged Minho out to the car.

 

After about 20 minutes, we were at his manager's apartment and we finally reunited with our three energetic angels. The boys clung to me while Sunmi fell asleep in Minho's arms. The boys kept trying to tell me everything they had done the evening before but Minho's manager soon interrupted, asking for me to sing something simple for him. I sang a simple lullaby that my real umma had always sang to me when I was young, and it seemed to mesmerized the man. The boys had dozed against my chest as I sang, making me smile. He quickly offered to get me an audition at a music agency and I frowned, ready to turn him down. But then I thought about it. It was a way to help Minho pay the bills and get more money to start up a college fund for our children. I hesitantly agreed to the audition and Minho gave my cheek a reassuring kiss.

 

We made our way home and quickly put our children to bed for the evening. Minho made love to me again, apparently still trying to put my mind at ease about my new upcoming audition. I was grateful to him, because he had successfully distracted me for the rest of the evening. The next morning, I awoke to find Minho gone, having returned to his filming schedule. I remembered that Key umma was coming to take the boys out for the day since he said it would be good for them to play with other children. I got up and showered, then put on some clothes that I was willing to get dirty. Winter was coming fast and I decided I might as well start cleaning the house after the kids left. I fed them as they woke up and not even 5 minutes after they were done eating, umma and appa arrived to pick them up. I held Sunmi on my hip as I tried to use the other hand to teach her how to wave. I wasn't successful at all and she just stared at me. Umma laughed. "I think we both know that she is too young, Minnie~" I puffed my cheeks and he poked them gently.

 

I huffed after he left and lifted my daughter in front of me, pouting at her. "You're not too young, are you? You can learn things fast just like your brothers did." She just kept looking at me before she blew a raspberry at my face, making me scrunch it up as she giggled. "Your appa keeps teaching you naughty things. Young ladies shouldn't spit at their ummas like that." I held her close again and carried her to the living room, laying her on her play mat on the floor. I grabbed some toys for her to play with and sat them around her before getting to work. I started by dusting the shelves. Honestly, that's probably one of the worst ideas I've ever had. Dust cascaded from the shelves and caused me to sneeze. I then heard a loud thud and jumped back a bit. I blinked and looked down, seeing an old but familiar box laying on the floor, its contents scattered.

 

I sighed and plopped on the floor, looking at different pictures as I put them back in the box where there were old comic books and a few collectible figurines. The pictures were from high school, back before everything happened to me. Then the pictures transitioned to ones I had taken myself before I had met Key. I had always had a crush on Minho. He was known to be one of the biggest heartbreakers in school but I couldn't bring myself to see him that way. There were pictures of him that I had snuck in the halls and a few of him playing soccer, where he was completely in his element. I could still remember the day that he finally asked me out officially. After the breakup with Key and the official introduction to Minho, I was surprised to hear that he had liked me for just as long as I had liked him.

 

I reached down to grab the next picture but instead, my hand met a video tape. I blinked and looked at it, biting my lip. I hesitantly picked it up and moved over to the tv where my old vcr was connected. Sunmi was distracted by her toys so I had no need to worry about her seeing anything that was going on since I couldn't exactly remember what was on the tape. With a sigh, I hit the play button and the screen lit up with a view of our old high school hallway. I could still remember receiving the camera for Christmas and how excited I was to record every moment I could. Then I saw him. Minho was more lanky back then. He was almost like a stick which made me giggle. He smiled at me and the camera turned away as I could hear a quiet kiss and then the camera turned to face us both. I was only a freshman that year and Minho was a junior. I looked so young and naive. It's no wonder I fell for him without any concerns.

 

We were announcing our engagement in the video. I had no ring to show off to the camera at the time so the video just cut after the announcement and a quick smile from the both of us. The next video was of our wedding. He had used all of his savings and got us a flight to the US so we could have an official marriage somewhere. Of course, we had no witnesses for our marriage except a drunk man who had stumbled in sometime in the beginning of the half assed ceremony. After the wedding, we had our honeymoon in the chapel bathroom. It was disappointing to me since I expected something way more romantic. The video cut right after the ceremony ended so I didn't have to be reminded of the interior of that horrid bathroom. I glanced again to make sure Sunmi was still alright before looking back at the screen, pulling my knees up to my chin.

 

I watched through the confusion at the beginning of my first pregnancy. I had wanted it but at the same time, it still made me uncomfortable since I knew boys weren't supposed to be able to have babies. And then came the announcement I made with Minho there. He had no clue what I was recording for and I smiled a bit sadly at his happy reaction to hearing he was going to be a father. There were a couple more recordings of me complaining of discomfort in the middle of the night and Minho and I preparing the nursery. Eventually the recordings of my complaining ceased and I seemed to be getting more comfortable, even though I was still stressed with the knowledge of that hobo stalking me and the fact that my body was trying to adapt to carrying a child. That ultimately caused me to bring Ha Neul into the world prematurely.

 

There was another happy announcement some time later after Ha Neul had been born but was still in the hospital. I announced his birth with a happy and excited smile before announcing my official ring had finally been given to me. I showed off a ring this time that I seemed very proud to wear. The video quickly transitioned to me complaining about the scar that would be left on my abdomen and that it hurt a bit but that I was just glad to have my son. I was only 17 then. The next recording took place a few months later. Minho had the camera and was pestering me as I tried to feed Ha Neul his bottle. I noticed though without much surprise that I had a baby bump in the video. It was small but visible. That meant that it was getting near that time when Minho actually left and didn't come home for a long time. I bit my lip as I watched the videos I had done of Ha Neul learning how to walk and talk with his father nowhere to be seen. By then, my baby bump was much larger and in other videos I had seemed a bit nervous. Not that anyone could blame me. I was alone for the most part and Ha Neul had come early. Who was to say that Joon wouldn't as well? Thankfully though, I managed to carry him full term and he was healthy.

 

My introduction to Joon was a lot sooner after his birth than with Ha Neul, since I was able to bring him home within a week. I looked a lot more tired and my wrist was bruised. I already knew why. At the young age of 18, I learned what true heartbreak was. Minho lived up to his old high school reputation after all. The last video after the ones of Joon learning how to walk for the first time, announced my divorce. I had tried to smile in the video but I just couldn't do it. I could barely even get the words out of my mouth without choking up on my tears again. I felt something wet drip down onto my knee, causing me to jump a bit as I looked down at the water droplet. It was only then that I realized I was crying. The video went black and I quickly took it out, putting it back in the box and put it back on the shelf where hopefully, this Minho wouldn't find it. I had tried explaining to him that my ex husband looked a lot like him and that was it. I never told him the odd truth.

 

After 2 diaper changes and one feeding, I decided that Sunmi and I needed to get out of the house for a bit. She looked restless without her father there and I thought that now would be the perfect time to try bonding with her better. After getting her settled into her stroller, we began the journey to the store. I had decided to make Minho something special for dinner to show how much I really loved him. I was feeling more clingy since I had watched the tape and seen the heartbreak I lived through. I entered the outdoor market sooner than I had expected to and realized that I had been distracted for a while. It's a good thing I hadn't wandered into the bad part of town or something.. Sunmi seemed to be napping as I looked through the fresh produce and accepted the compliments the women were sending to her. I was looking for a couple of fresh tomatoes when I looked up at a familiar voice. "Tae..?" I instantly felt my body tense up when I saw him. It was my ex. I could tell by his choice of edgy clothing and his lack of care for the way his hair looked.

 

I tried to keep my composure and straightened my spine, trying to show confidence in front of him. He just looked at me like he used to, with curiosity and innocence. I knew better than to fall for his facade. His eyes drifted down to the stroller and I tensed up again, a warning glare being sent in his direction. His eyes flickered with an emotion that I couldn't quite read before he stumbled to the side a bit, having been tackled. "Where have you been, yeobo?! I've been looking everywhere for you!" My eyes widened slightly when I saw a familiar head of brown hair. The big puppy eyes, the short dino-like figure.. Jonghyun.. I looked at Minho again in disbelief and he looked at me again. "Taemin, he's not who you think. It is Jonghyun but yet.. He's not really him.. So don't go getting mad at me." He sighed as my body lost some of its tension. "When are you gonna let me see the kids, huh?"

 

My look of disbelief only intensified as I scoffed. "I believe my last answer to that question was never. And that's my answer now." He glared at me slightly. "They're my children too.." I glared back with more intensity than before. "I don't give a if they're yours too or not. You weren't there for them so I can't trust you now.. You shouldn't have been out ing around. Maybe you'd still be able to spend time with them if you hadn't have done that." My glare softened as I saw this... Other Jonghyun... Trembling as he clung to Minho's arm. It wasn't hard to notice the baby bump that he had. I felt a bit bad for him. Since I now knew how Minho worked. He would probably be left to take care of the child alone. His voice pulled me back out of my thoughts and I looked at him again. "So.. Who's is it?" He gestured towards the stroller to Sunmi, who was now starting to wake up and started wiggling around excitedly as she looked at Minho, not realizing that this wasn't her father. A local newspaper laid on a table nearby and I gestured to it in reply. "Why don't you check the front page of the paper." I bowed slightly to that Jonghyun and hurried past them, leaving the market and heading back home with a now fully awake and hungry daughter. I never got to see Minho pick up the paper and stare in disbelief at the front page.

"Official Announcement! Actor Choi Minho Engaged to Long Time Boyfriend, Lee Taemin!"

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think this is one of the longest chapters I've written. ; ; OMG it's 12:30 in the morning and I have to be up and ready for work by 5:30. Goodnight!