Bringing Home the Princess~

Moving On Can Be Hard But Worth It~

After spending a week in that God forsaken place, they finally let me go home with my new little princess. Minho had been spending every moment of every day with her and I could already tell who would be getting the most attention now. He had driven slowly the whole way home since she was asleep and he didn’t want to disturb her. Now as we came through the door, he took her carrier from me and moved to the living room, hushing the boys along the way. I followed them and put down the backpack full of toys he had already spoiled her with at the hospital next to the couch before plopping down next to him quietly.

 

He already had her out of her carrier, humming quietly to her and smiling. It seemed that his humming was having a calming effect on all of us, causing the boys and I to doze slightly. No one had spoken a word the whole time she slept. After a few minutes, I opened my eyes again and yawned. I really wasn’t all that tired. Whatever it was about his humming, I had to figure it out.

 

Minho smiled at me and I smiled back lazily, leaning my head on his shoulder and looking at our now sleeping children. Ha Neul was sprawled out on his back, Joon lying on his arm. Sunmi rested peacefully in her father’s arms, just like I had always imagined she would. I reached and gently began to play with her short black hair, smiling as she stretched a bit and then curled back up against his chest. A couple of kisses from the both of us later and we were yawning. Right as we were both about to fall asleep too, I heard a small voice from the floor. “Umma..?” I looked down to see Ha Neul rubbing his eyes with one hand while he tried to wiggle the other out from under his little brother’s head.

 

Eventually he managed to free his arm and he crawled up onto my lap. “Yes, my angel?” I finally asked. He looked over at his baby sister from my lap and reached out to touch her chubby cheek. “Umma, where do babies even come from?” I almost choked on my own spit but I kept my composure. “They come from an umma’s tummy, sweetie.” He looked up at me and pouted. “But how do they even get in there to begin with?” My jaw dropped slightly. I was at a loss for words in all honestly. I didn’t know how to answer my two and a half year old son. He was so smart for his age, knowing how to even ask such a question already. But I hadn’t expected it so soon. “Well.. Um..” I tapped Minho’s shoulder to try and get him to wake up, noticing that now Joon was peering at us from just behind my knee.

 

He woke up slowly, lazily rocking Sunmi as he looked at me. I looked back down at Ha Neul and smiled. “Ask your appa~” He looked over at Minho with his big innocent smile, which he totally didn’t get from me, and repeated his question. Minho looked like a deer caught in the headlights as he started to wake up more. By now, Joon had managed to crawl up onto my lap as well, beginning to pester his father with the same question. I couldn’t help but giggle as Minho tried to come up with a good answer. “They um..” His face soon brightened up again and he looked at our two boys with a smile. “Hey, who wants some banana milk?” He laughed awkwardly and the boys both squealed happily. Minho quickly kissed my cheek and handed our sleeping daughter over to me, leading the boys to the kitchen to get the milk.

 

I smiled down at Sunmi, rocking her gently and humming quietly like Minho had. She was by far the most beautiful baby girl I had ever laid my eyes on. And I wasn’t just saying that because she was my daughter. Just looking at her natural beauty at that moment told me she would grow up to be a very beautiful young woman. Boys and girls alike would be swooning over her and wishing to be her. Minho would definitely be chasing off many boys and possibly even girls. I sighed at the thought, knowing he would be the one to keep her from giving me grandchildren in the future. He soon returned with both boys attached to his legs like little koalas, sitting on the couch and pulling both of them up onto his lap. “Is she still sleeping?” he asked as he gave them their milk. I just nodded and kept my eyes practically glued to her, my smile only growing wider as she yawned and shifted. Minho’s quiet chuckle was the only sound that could be heard by me at that moment.

 

After a few more minutes, I yawned. I guess I really was tired.. Minho took Sunmi back into his arms and kissed my cheek. “Go upstairs and lay down, jagiya. I’ll take care of the kids.” I blushed and nodded, kissing him on the cheek in return before doing the same to the children and headed up the stairs. I flopped onto our large bed with a content sigh. I was happy. I had a loving boyfriend, three beautiful children, a large warm home.. I caught myself smiling as I curled up under the sheets. I couldn’t wait to wake up in Minho’s arms and be welcomed into the new day by my boys and my little girl. With one final happy sigh, I drifted off to sleep.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Updates will be few and far between probably since I now have a job… But I’ll update this as fast and often as I possibly can! I promise! ><